Sign In

Team Negative1 — Page 12

This topic has been locked by a moderator.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

LeeThorogood said:

Stinky-Dinkins said:

So, was -1 aware that Joe had previously agreed not to disseminate Pete’s print under any circumstance? Do you have any problem with -1 using a copy of Joe’s print?

“… and err fuck Negative One also in case that hasn’t been said, fuck you. What an asshole.” - I think that quote should tell you all you need to know.

It really doesn’t though, it answers pretty much nothing in that regard.

Once Mike called “Pete” to tell him the news Pete’s reaction was to basically freak out and say “Holy shit! Fuck -1, I hate that guy!” What? Why? Pete and -1 were apparently mortal enemies prior to this entire thing?

Also, how in the world would -1 know Joe had Pete’s scan? How did he even know Joe had anything to do with it? So, once he found out Joe had Pete’s scan what was -1 told? The fact that Joe had funded the entire sum of its scan work, that he wasn’t supposed to distribute it for any reason whatsoever, or both?

Mavimao said:
However, I disagree with your view on the “Silver Screen Release” which was never supposed to be a professional restoration and it is unfair to knock them down. I see it as a group of fans, doing their best to clean up a beat-up print and present it as-is.

I also think it’s fantastic, and nothing to be ashamed of for all involved (the exact opposite, actually.)

Harrison Ford Has Pretty Much Given Up on His Son. Here's Why

Author
Time
 (Edited)

mverta said:

As I said specifically, I don’t care that Joe shared his prints. It’s was Pete’s, which he was explicitly told not to, that’s wrong. As for -1 knowing? I have no idea. As for the “fuck you,” that for being ungrateful and shitty, even after I helped them out. As for their edition looking amateur and pretty shitty, it does. So what?

_Mike

In case you missed this while you were posting Stinky-Dinkins ^

Original Trilogy in Replica Technicolor Project
Star Wars PAL LaserDisc Project

Author
Time

I just want to remind everyone that the Pete in this case isn’t poita.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Post 102 is worth more.

I’m late to the party, but I think this is the best song. Enjoy!

—Teams Jetrell Fo 1, Jetrell Fo 2, and Jetrell Fo 3

Author
Time
 (Edited)

LeeThorogood said:

mverta said:

As I said specifically, I don’t care that Joe shared his prints. It’s was Pete’s, which he was explicitly told not to, that’s wrong. As for -1 knowing? I have no idea. As for the “fuck you,” that for being ungrateful and shitty, even after I helped them out. As for their edition looking amateur and pretty shitty, it does. So what?

_Mike

In case you missed this while you were posting Stinky-Dinkins ^

Yeah I saw it, but it really doesn’t answer any of it.

Why is Mike so furious with -1? The only possible reason is that Mike knows that -1 was told that Joe was absolutely not to disseminate a copy of Pete’s scans, but he accepted and worked with them none the less. How does Mike know that -1 was informed of this fact? How did -1 even know Joe had anything to begin with, let alone the fact that Joe had Pete’s scans? So Joe sent him Pete’s scans (that he wasn’t supposed to) but not his own scans (which Mike would’ve had no problem with)? Why was Pete’s reaction to the discovery that -1 received copies of his scans so visceral, specifically knowing who -1 was and hating him prior to this entire thing?

Harrison Ford Has Pretty Much Given Up on His Son. Here's Why

Author
Time

mverta said:

As for their edition looking amateur and pretty shitty, it does. So what?

_Mike

That makes me sad to read. I mean, come on, you’ve seen the stuff that’s been produced on this forums. So are you really going to compare “our” work (I’m not talking of Silver Screen per se, but OT-projects in general) to professional grade projects? We’re all learning, and trying to get better. Some do it better than others, and some make themselves more enigmatic than others, but in the end this is just a forum full of amateur projects. So you could just as well crap all over the other projects on this forum as well.

Author
Time

LeeThorogood said:
I did and I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with you, I just wanted to make sure you hadn’t missed Mike’s post as it was the last one before yours but at the bottom of the previous page.

Yeah I saw it and I made my reply to you needlessly bitchy for really no good reason. That’s my signature move.

Harrison Ford Has Pretty Much Given Up on His Son. Here's Why

Author
Time

Laserschwert said:

mverta said:

As for their edition looking amateur and pretty shitty, it does. So what?

_Mike

That makes me sad to read.

Don’t be. It isn’t shitty.

Denigrating it for no reason whatsoever speaks of nothing but sour grapes.

Harrison Ford Has Pretty Much Given Up on His Son. Here's Why

Author
Time

AntcuFaalb said:

I just want to remind everyone that the Pete in this case isn’t poita.

I just want to remind everyone that I’m not Pete or Mike, despite our mutual distaste for all things N1.

Author
Time

Based on what I remember: Mike wanted to rescan the LPP and Negative1 snubbed him. I also remember Negative1 making jabs at IB prints, saying they were not as detailed as his print and that his own print was even better.

Perhaps someone was bitter at Mike’s philosophy of keeping this private and pitching it as a viable commercial product, so -1 took things into his own hands? I’m just speculating here, of course. I would like to hear -1’s point of view on this.

What’s the internal temperature of a TaunTaun? Luke warm.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Stinky-Dinkins said:

LeeThorogood said:

mverta said:

As I said specifically, I don’t care that Joe shared his prints. It’s was Pete’s, which he was explicitly told not to, that’s wrong. As for -1 knowing? I have no idea. As for the “fuck you,” that for being ungrateful and shitty, even after I helped them out. As for their edition looking amateur and pretty shitty, it does. So what?

_Mike

In case you missed this while you were posting Stinky-Dinkins ^

Yeah I saw it, but it really doesn’t answer any of it.

Why is Mike so furious with -1? The only possible reason is that Mike knows that -1 was told that Joe was absolutely not to disseminate a copy of Pete’s scans, but he accepted and worked with them none the less. How does Mike know that -1 was informed of this fact? How did -1 even know Joe had anything to begin with, let alone the fact that Joe had Pete’s scans? So Joe sent him Pete’s scans (that he wasn’t supposed to) but not his own scans (which Mike would’ve had no problem with)? Why was Pete’s reaction to the discovery that -1 received copies of his scans so visceral, specifically knowing who -1 was and hating him prior to this entire thing?

Yeah, I’m still confused as well. Again, if the ban was for this specific issue, but Mike doesn’t know if -1 knew the situation or not, it doesn’t seem like -1 can definitively be blamed.

But again, with that said, the team account should stay banned for unrelated issues, which is an opinion of mine but one that Jay seems to agree with based on this post.

Jay said:

My mistake was allowing TN1 to maintain a team account in the first place. I allowed their contributions to the community to influence my decision. I apologize to the community for my lapse in judgment.

Anyone directly involved with the situation is free to post, but in the interest of transparency, we’re going to do it as ourselves and not hide behind a group account.

So really the only issue is if -1 is being treated unfairly, and since he’s free to come here and tell his side of the story, I think the answer is no.

Author
Time

Guys, with all due respect, figuring this mess out doesn’t help anyone.

What’s done is done. The team account isn’t coming back. No wording is being revised. No reputations will be untarnished by the words here alone.

If the team decides to officially regroup and resume work on the IB Technicolor scan they have, then they’re going to do that regardless of what is said here.

All of this poking and prodding is a waste of time and will have no impact whatsoever.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Post 102 is worth more.

I’m late to the party, but I think this is the best song. Enjoy!

—Teams Jetrell Fo 1, Jetrell Fo 2, and Jetrell Fo 3

Author
Time

Yeah it’s getting kind of ridiculous. We all have a pretty good understanding of what went down. We know the effects of what’s happened. This conversation has become really unproductive.

Author
Time

Darth Lucas said:

Yeah it’s getting kind of ridiculous. We all have a pretty good understanding of what went down. We know the effects of what’s happened. This conversation has become really unproductive.

We know more than we did earlier, and we wouldn’t have without conversation and questioning.

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

We know more than we did earlier, and we wouldn’t have without conversation and questioning.

True, but I think it’s diminishing returns at this point.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Post 102 is worth more.

I’m late to the party, but I think this is the best song. Enjoy!

—Teams Jetrell Fo 1, Jetrell Fo 2, and Jetrell Fo 3

Author
Time

HOLY SHIT.

Guys, I’m not a fan of N1’s restoration. WHY DO YOU CARE? I’m just one guy with one opinion. If I die in a car crash tonight, it won’t affect your lives in any way. If you love it, love it. Masturbate to it. All of that is wonderful. OBVIOUSLY I have my own opinion, and I’m taking that opinion and doing my own restoration. And then if you hate that, fine. And if you hate it because you’ve decided you hate me because I don’t like N1’s restoration, okay, that’s fine, too.

I don’t matter, my opinion doesn’t matter. Hopefully my restoration will. Or not. Who knows?

This is all going to be okay, I promise 😃

_Mike

View the Restoration and join the discussion at StarWarsLegacy.com!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Yeah, I think the situation is quite clear at this point. The only thing that is not known, and probably cannot be known, is whether N1 knew that Joe was giving him Pete’s scan without permission, and that it was Pete’s scan. Joe could probably clarify that to Mike. But it’s all just he said / he said, really.

And as far as discussion here goes, there’s nothing else to cover. There’s always going to be a camp here that thinks there’s no such issue as morality with matters such as this, just do whatever it takes to get them the best quality torrent ASAP. And there will be those who support Legacy. And a variety of opinions in between (such as, why not just work on Joe’s scan, or another scan, etc and be done with the mess involved with Pete’s scan).

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I apologize for continuing this conversation, for those who feel that it’s getting old and won’t do any good, but I felt this had to be pointed out in light of Mikes comments about TN1’s restoration in the video. He said that the break of trust was for nothing because it just led to an amateurish, crappy restoration job. I would assume he’s speaking of the SSE. Maybe he didn’t realize that the Tech print from Joe wasn’t used for the SSE? The only thing anyone saw of the Tech was the preview, which, AFAIK, wasn’t finished anyway. And then there’s the fact that the only thing wrong with the SSE is the light leak that plagues it, and the rest of the work done on it is amazing.

EDIT: I see I was beat to the punch by two other lengthy comments. Why do I type so slowly?

Army of Darkness: The Medieval Deadit | The Terminator - Color Regrade | The Wrong Trousers - Audio Preservation
SONIC RACES THROUGH THE GREEN FIELDS.
THE SUN RACES THROUGH A BLUE SKY FILLED WITH WHITE CLOUDS.
THE WAYS OF HIS HEART ARE MUCH LIKE THE SUN. SONIC RUNS AND RESTS; THE SUN RISES AND SETS.
DON’T GIVE UP ON THE SUN. DON’T MAKE THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU.

Author
Time

Reading this thread is like watching a soap opera.

“English, motherf***er! Do you speak it!?”

Author
Time

ilovewaterslides said:

Reading this thread is like watching a soap opera.

If Legacy gets an official release, I demand this thread be read in its entirety by Stinky as a bonus feature.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

TV’s Frink said:

ilovewaterslides said:

Reading this thread is like watching a soap opera.

If Legacy gets an official release, I demand this thread be read in its entirety by Stinky as a bonus feature.

Instead of using Mike’s take on the impression of Joe ( which was clearly based on a slightly-confused Bill Murray from Caddyshack ) I plan on going a completely different route, so stay tuned. I thinking like some Walter White “I’m the one who knocks” type thing.

Harrison Ford Has Pretty Much Given Up on His Son. Here's Why