Sign In

TM2YC's 'Star Wars: Reborn' PT fan edits (PM me for new ROTS link!) (Released) — Page 2

Author
Time

Beautifully edited and lovely music (I genuinely got quite emotional) but sadly it doesn't solve or explain any of the moral problems I highlighted.

Although I found this brief clip emotional, if it was sitting in the context of ROTS. I would just be too busy thinking WTF?! That makes no sense?! to derive any enjoyment from it.

That's the easy part solved. Now a faneditor needs to find a way to explain why Padme has abandoned Luke?

VIZ TOP TIPS! - PARENTS. Impress your children by showing them a floppy disk and telling them it’s a 3D model of a save icon.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

MrInsaneA said:

Where can I find your Episode II edit?

All three episodes are on Myspleen in one torrent.  You can also PM Ryan for mega.co.nz links.

Edit: also, Post 22

 

Author
Time

stretch009 said:

MrInsaneA said:

Where can I find your Episode II edit?

All three episodes are on Myspleen in one torrent.  You can also PM Ryan for mega.co.nz links.

Edit: also, Post 22

 

Yeah, see, MySpleen is asking me for a Username and Password...but isn't giving me the opportunity to make an account?

 

I've never used this site before. 

Author
Time

MrInsaneA said:

stretch009 said:

MrInsaneA said:

Where can I find your Episode II edit?

All three episodes are on Myspleen in one torrent.  You can also PM Ryan for mega.co.nz links.

Edit: also, Post 22

 

Yeah, see, MySpleen is asking me for a Username and Password...but isn't giving me the opportunity to make an account?

 

I've never used this site before. 

MySpleen is invite only. I've not been a member long enough to be able to give out invites unfortunately.

But I've sent you a PM with meg links.

VIZ TOP TIPS! - PARENTS. Impress your children by showing them a floppy disk and telling them it’s a 3D model of a save icon.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Are you sure. It should be, I'm seeding it at least. I've got it open in uTorrent right now and always

VIZ TOP TIPS! - PARENTS. Impress your children by showing them a floppy disk and telling them it’s a 3D model of a save icon.

Author
Time

mrbenja0618 said:

The myspleen torrent isn't seeding at all btw.

Not sure what you're looking at.  There's 11 seeders right now.

 

 

Author
Time

Has anyone downloaded/watched these yet?

If so, what do you think?

p.s. ROTS:Reborn changelist on the way when I can find the time to finish it.

VIZ TOP TIPS! - PARENTS. Impress your children by showing them a floppy disk and telling them it’s a 3D model of a save icon.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Ryan McAvoy said:

marioxb said:

Sounds really cool. One thing I'd really like to see in an edit is Padme not dying, as per Leia's memories in ROTJ. The Kcutter did a good job making a scene like that.

That would be nice but can't think how you would A: Show her alive on Alderaan and B: Explain why she let Kenobi kidnap her child and "Hide" him on a farm in Tatooine. A farm that she knew the location of. Why wouldn't she visit.

This seems like a rare ill thought through problem with the OT that wasn't possible to reflect in the PT.

Would love to hear if anybody has ideas to solve this conundrum.

In my cut, Anakin audiably crushes Padme's spine. She later dies from her injuries after giving birth to unmamed twins. She doesn't choose to die from a broken heart leaving her children parentless.

 Here you go:

No one knows Padme is carrying twins until the birth scene, correct? So, we can assume that Padme herself doesn't know either. Padme gives birth to one baby, names her Leia, passes out. The doctors (droids?) then realize there is a second baby. They remove it from her and it's not named. When Padme comes to, she is none the wiser, and assumes she only gave birth to a girl.

Onto the scene with Obi-Wan, Bail and Yoda:

I forget exactly how it goes right now, but I think Yoda says something about keeping the twins separate for safety. Bail says he will take Padme and her daughter back to his wife on Alderaan. Obi-Wan then says he will take the boy to his uncle. Yoda could then also say, "In your exile on Tatooine, you will be known as Ben.." etc.

The scene I posted earlier can be used. After Obi-Wan arrives on tatooine, there can be a subtitle that reads, "5 years later..." And we can here use the funeral scene (without Jar Jar) and Lucas's daughter can be Leia! Maybe a scene can be found from another movie/ TV show with Jimmy Smits (and a wife/ gf?) looking sad/ at a funeral.

Author
Time

marioxb said:

Ryan McAvoy said:

marioxb said:

Sounds really cool. One thing I'd really like to see in an edit is Padme not dying, as per Leia's memories in ROTJ. The Kcutter did a good job making a scene like that.

That would be nice but can't think how you would A: Show her alive on Alderaan and B: Explain why she let Kenobi kidnap her child and "Hide" him on a farm in Tatooine. A farm that she knew the location of. Why wouldn't she visit.

This seems like a rare ill thought through problem with the OT that wasn't possible to reflect in the PT.

Would love to hear if anybody has ideas to solve this conundrum.

In my cut, Anakin audiably crushes Padme's spine. She later dies from her injuries after giving birth to unmamed twins. She doesn't choose to die from a broken heart leaving her children parentless.

 Here you go:

No one knows Padme is carrying twins until the birth scene, correct? So, we can assume that Padme herself doesn't know either. Padme gives birth to one baby, names her Leia, passes out. The doctors (droids?) then realize there is a second baby. They remove it from her and it's not named. When Padme comes to, she is none the wiser, and assumes she only gave birth to a girl.

Onto the scene with Obi-Wan, Bail and Yoda:

I forget exactly how it goes right now, but I think Yoda says something about keeping the twins separate for safety. Bail says he will take Padme and her daughter back to his wife on Alderaan. Obi-Wan then says he will take the boy to his uncle. Yoda could then also say, "In your exile on Tatooine, you will be known as Ben.." etc.

The scene I posted earlier can be used. After Obi-Wan arrives on tatooine, there can be a subtitle that reads, "5 years later..." And we can here use the funeral scene (without Jar Jar) and Lucas's daughter can be Leia! Maybe a scene can be found from another movie/ TV show with Jimmy Smits (and a wife/ gf?) looking sad/ at a funeral.

That's pretty good, gets part of the way there. but I think the audience would walk out of the cinema thinking that Yoda and Obi-Wan were child snatching  b*astards.

VIZ TOP TIPS! - PARENTS. Impress your children by showing them a floppy disk and telling them it’s a 3D model of a save icon.

Author
Time

Ha ha, maybe. How do all of these "switched at birth" or "lost at birth" stories work? Where someone doesn't realize they had a twin until years later?

Author
Time

marioxb said:

Ha ha, maybe. How do all of these "switched at birth" or "lost at birth" stories work? Where someone doesn't realize they had a twin until years later?

You're seeing what I was saying about the problems this presents now lol.

I'm not convinced that a rational explanation can be found to reconcile the contradictory references to the end of ROTS that are in ROTJ.

The Ewok village coversation between Luke and Leia was flawed all along. But it was only when Lucas actually went to try and dramatise the events in ROTS that they were describing in ROTJ, that anybody realised there was an issue.

I don't think you can make the PT conform to the OT in this area. The only option would be to change the OT but that's not something I would subscribe to. Better to just consider it a crack in an otherwise perfect sculpture.

VIZ TOP TIPS! - PARENTS. Impress your children by showing them a floppy disk and telling them it’s a 3D model of a save icon.

Author
Time

Do you have a cutlist for ROTS?  Mostly for me two requirements for a ROTS cut are reinstatement of the birth of the rebellion scenes and the entire removal of Greivous.

I am interested in links for AOTC, not entirely what I have in mind for a cut if I ever get around to trying it but some of what you've done is spot on with my ideas.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

regularjoe said:

Do you have a cutlist for ROTS?  Mostly for me two requirements for a ROTS cut are reinstatement of the birth of the rebellion scenes and the entire removal of Greivous.

I am interested in links for AOTC, not entirely what I have in mind for a cut if I ever get around to trying it but some of what you've done is spot on with my ideas.

Not finished a cutlist for ROTS yet. Will have to put an evening or two aside to do it.

Good news, all birth of the rebellion scenes are in and blend with and re-enforce the story beautifully.

I haven't removed Grievious from my cut as I quite like him. I have however trimmed many of his scenes (Especially the bike chase). He does have a role in the plot, giving Palpatine a reason to prolong the war. But he could be taken out with some work. Perhaps I'll do a non-grievous version at some point.

I'll PM the links to you.

VIZ TOP TIPS! - PARENTS. Impress your children by showing them a floppy disk and telling them it’s a 3D model of a save icon.

Author
Time

I'd appreciate the links, thanks. 

I understand that some people like GG, I just loathe that character.  I am actually able to stomach JJB more than GG.  I think that the trimming to ROTS to accommodate removing GG entirely would be severe but it is doable.  He is referred to but never seen.  He is a McGuffin and the presence is overstated in the movie.  ROTS is about the fall of Anakin Skywalker and the movie should focus on that plotline more than anything else.  GG exists solely to remove Obi Wan and isolate Skywalker.  We don't need to see GG, we just need to sideline OBWK.  That's my take on it.....does anyone know of a ROTS edit out there that is actively being shared with GG removed entirely?  I would love to see one and have a feel for how the movie flows without all those scenes.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Probably an edit out there but I'm just guessing.

Grievous is a McGuffin but a good one for me at least. I think some of edits of the PT fall down IMO because they follow the "If it can be cut... cut it" philosophy. If you follow that logic you could cut most of the middle out of ESB since essentially the Falcon p*sses about waiting for Luke to walk into Vader's trap. Han could just fly the Falcon straight to Bespin but then you'd lose all the fun and character of the piece with it.

I can't see any major obstacle to being able to remove GG if you wanted to, in terms of narrative. As long as it's possible to do dialogue trims that reflect OWK going off to end the federation war, rather than to kill GG.  But I can see several major scenes in my cut that are essential to character development between Obi and Anakin that would have to also be removed, fatally damaging the film.

I also think having another "Baddie" like GG helps deflect attention away from the importance of Vader in ANH. In my cut Anakin does not become Vader so the surprise is saved for ESB.  Having a parade of villians like Maul, Dooku, Greivous, and Tarkin who only survice for basically one film suggests that Vader is just another in line (Though clearly the best!).

VIZ TOP TIPS! - PARENTS. Impress your children by showing them a floppy disk and telling them it’s a 3D model of a save icon.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

BR cover for TPM: Reborn (Click to get full size image):

VIZ TOP TIPS! - PARENTS. Impress your children by showing them a floppy disk and telling them it’s a 3D model of a save icon.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

BR cover for AOTC: Reborn (Click to get full size image):

VIZ TOP TIPS! - PARENTS. Impress your children by showing them a floppy disk and telling them it’s a 3D model of a save icon.

Author
Time

BR cover for ROTS: Reborn (Click to get full size image):

VIZ TOP TIPS! - PARENTS. Impress your children by showing them a floppy disk and telling them it’s a 3D model of a save icon.

Author
Time

Man, I dig those covers.  Any interest in helping me with a cover?

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:

Man, I dig those covers.  Any interest in helping me with a cover?

I'll give it a go Frink. Least I could do after the 'Ridiculous' amount of entertainment you've given me lol.

What have you got in mind?

VIZ TOP TIPS! - PARENTS. Impress your children by showing them a floppy disk and telling them it’s a 3D model of a save icon.

Author
Time

IMO the covers are good but I feel there's too many titles on the cover.  My immediate thought was 'Take me to your cinema' has to go.  With all those titles it just looks too 'busy'.

 

Author
Time

TPM:Reborn has been approved for release on Fanedit.org now... so if you've seen it, add your review.

VIZ TOP TIPS! - PARENTS. Impress your children by showing them a floppy disk and telling them it’s a 3D model of a save icon.