That’s really promising! And I love the music you’ve added, where does it come from?
THE TITANIC [Restructured]
One of my absolute favorite movies, from a nostalgic and technical standpoint. This is not a movie that necessarily need anything done. It doesn’t need a remake. It doesn’t need to be remade. It doesn’t have many problems. It is an historical film with the liberty of adding a working romance into it to intruige its audience and connect them to the disaster that changed the world back in 1912, and that still haunt us to this day.
So why do I do it? I do it because I want to make a kind of V2 version of the movie for those that feel like watching a more “disaster movie/suspense movie” side to the story, rather than the more romance-driven side of it. Simply focus more on humanity and passengers during the sinking; the second half.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-A9M2w5Zeg [New Film opening]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cuEo7g4H6Q&feature=youtu.be [Altered Scene; New soundmix etcetc]
1. THE NARRATIVE
I want to focus on the story of the Titanic in 1912 - not the additional story set to 1997, and the sinking of the ship. I want to focus on the humanity. I want to focus on the brutality. And I want to put the tragedy in focus. I want us to see how the people - not just Jack and Rose, dealt with the disaster, and how the rich felt for the poor, and how the poor felt for the rich. There is so much kindness and humanity along with the brutality of this story, and much of it is in the narrative already - but overshadowed by the focus on Jack and Rose. And much of it is in the deleted scenes.
I want us to start with the beauty and luxurity of the Ship - just like the original, and the awe shared among all passengers. But I will focus much more on the ship and all its passengers as the tragedy unfolds, rather than keep overshadowing it by the love story of our two main characters. So instead of having Jack and Rose be the driving force and heart of the movie through all of it, I want the ship to be that emotional tool when the tragedy start to unfold, and Jack and Rose more as victims. So we expand the story into three parts in the second half;
- Jack and Rose’s story.
- The Ship’s continious sinking.
- The people.
2. THE CHANGES BEYOND
As for the other changes that I will make, they will be fixes in form of;
- Some digitial effects that might look odd will be fixed, or effects that might actually be missing from the scene (blood, lightning bolts, explosions) will be added.
- Sound effects and music. The music is pretty much perfect - man i love the score, but I have one idea for an alteration during the sinking. As for the sound effects - they also are pretty much perfect. But I want to add some brutality at certain parts throughout the movie. I want it to feel very claustrophobic, like many of the third class passengers described the event.
I might end the movie in 1912, on the Carpathia, or transition to 1997 (which might be featured in the ending segments of the movie). As of right now I feel like ending it in 1912, but It might not feel conclusive enough. We’ll see.
And as always - give your ideas! Tell me what you don’t like in the movie. Tell me of a fault you know (a blooper in the background, a missing digital effect, something that looks dated that I can (try) to fix).
Thank you all!
WHAT HAVE I DONE?
The Ancient Lore
Kenobi: A Star Wars Story
Harry Potter Revisited
Game of Thrones Film Edits
… and more.