Below is a teaser of my planned fanedit of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Epic Cut) for release after the blu ray drops….
The goal of this project is to let TROS breathe, just breathe. And to tone down SASSY-PANTS FINN.
If you want to check out other work of mine see the Hannibal Rising Epic cut elsewhere on this site.
V1 Changes (in chronological-ish order): SPOILERS!
- Update opening crawl (no more Sith broadcast):
Hope spreads across the galaxy. Whispers of Luke Skywalker echo through every system as countless inhabitants rise up against the FIRST ORDER.
General Leia Organa, sensing a sinister force on a hidden SITH WORLD, dispatches spies of THE RESISTANCE only to discover the First Order has acquired a powerful new weapon.
Meanwhile Supreme Leader KYLO REN has ordered the evacuation of the last garrison from Han Solo’s home world, CORELLIA, spiraling the planet into civil war…
- Cut / move the early Exegol/Emperor sequence for later
- Kylo Ren blows up Han Solo’s homeworld of Corellia in one of the opening scenes to try and let the past die (but he really just keeps living in the past doesn’t he!)
- Now it’s Corellia blowing up which also disrupts Rey’s Jedi practice training.
- Cut Klaud (the tree monster alien) from the Falcon and from existence.
- Move the lighthearted Falcon moments, e.g., playing with Chewie, to a later scene (just before visiting Pasaana.)
- Drastically reduce Boolio and change his off-putting voice to an alien voice, subtitled.
- Trim Finn on the Falcon making a sassy-pants face in the gunner seat. He really needs a derpfake to look like old Finn (his new eyebrows are a NO!)
- Cut all or trim some of the lightspeed skipping.
- Cut Rey light-sabering a ribbon on the obstacle course.
- Cut Finn’s sassy-pants line “always” when answering Rey’s question about Poe in a bad mood.
- Cut Finn’s sassy-pants huffing and eye roll in same scene.
- … [MORE TO COME. THIS IS JUST A TEASER AND OPEN TO CHANGE DEPENDING ON THE STATE OF THE 5.1 AUDIO AND DELETED SCENES]