Sign In

T-HOPE ULTIMATE TERMINATOR PROJECT (Mainly Released) — Page 5

Author
Time
All this stuff looks great! I really want to see the T1 extras disc and really I can't choose which one I want more - I'm a Terminator junkie!
Author
Time
Originally posted by: tb1971
maurice2029, the error message you're getting might be related to the bitrate of the multiplexed mpeg2/ac3 clips. It may just be too high for the software to handle (and might not be compliant to DVD specs). Solution is to find the file that gives you an error mesage during compiling process and make ac3 (or alternatively mpeg2) file with smaller bitrate, so when it's multiplexed the combined audio/video bitrate is within DVD specs.


I don't think it's related to the video-files themselves. I can remove 4 RANDOM vts sections, and then it allows itself to be compiled. I have 10 VTS sections, that should not be a problem (the helpfile says you can have 99 VTS sections). You can read more about the error on this page:
http://www.originaltrilogy.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=12&threadid=8727

Same Make. Same Model. New Mission.

Author
Time
Perhaps there is some hope after all. I took a month of complete rest and not working on my T23D special edition because of some of the program problems. Today I took a look at it again, with a fresh start and... came up with another index of contents which makes the info fit in 6 VMG segments which the program allows to be compiled. So yes, finally, disc 1 can be compiled. I'm gonna take a look at the font now, because the font I used was hard to read on a regular tv screen. Hopefully I can replace it with something easy... crossing my fingers that this solution will work.

Same Make. Same Model. New Mission.

Author
Time
Originally posted by: maurice2029
Perhaps there is some hope after all. I took a month of complete rest and not working on my T23D special edition because of some of the program problems. Today I took a look at it again, with a fresh start and... came up with another index of contents which makes the info fit in 6 VMG segments which the program allows to be compiled. So yes, finally, disc 1 can be compiled. I'm gonna take a look at the font now, because the font I used was hard to read on a regular tv screen. Hopefully I can replace it with something easy... crossing my fingers that this solution will work.


rool:

E Chu Ta!

Author
Time
Updates are going pretty slow at the moment.

I asked some people to test the font for me, because on my own tv it looks like crap. Seems that it's a good readable font on everybody else's tv's. I also checked it out on a tv at my friend's place, it looks great. I have no clue why it looks like shit on my tv.

So, in order to keep this baby on track, I have decided NOT to change the font. Meaning that disc I is almost finished (I'm waiting for 1 new video that someone will film for me at Universal Studios Hollywood inside the attraction itself). When I get that video, I think it's safe to say that disc I is finished and will be compiled and tested it by me. If I approve it, I can delete disc I from my hard disc and quickly start on disc II so that I can release it as the double-disc version I have intended it to become.
I expect disc II to be finished a lot faster than disc I, because I don't need to type out that much text for disc II (bonus features). I'm not giving a release yet, but I finally have a good feeling about it again and have found back my motivation.

Same Make. Same Model. New Mission.

Author
Time
I have compiled disc 1!!!! It's burning right now and then I will watch it for faults etc. I'm actually still waiting for 1 video, but I'm already waiting for 2 months for that video. I don't know if I will ever get it, but if that person hurries up, I can include it. In the meantime I will watch my discs for errors. Also, while compiling the first disc, I got bored and made a few new covers plus updated the steel covers. These are just ideas I'm playing around with, but it's nice to show your work already because I know people have been waiting impatiently for this release. However, understand that I will release this as a 2-disc set, so it won't be released until disc 2 is finished.


http://www.hopeofthefuture.net/tmp/dvdtest-cyberdyne.jpg

http://www.hopeofthefuture.net/tmp/dvdtest-skull.jpg

http://www.hopeofthefuture.net/tmp/dvdtest-steel.jpg

http://www.hopeofthefuture.net/tmp/dvdtest-poster.jpg

http://www.hopeofthefuture.net/tmp/dvdtest-arnie.jpg

Same Make. Same Model. New Mission.

Author
Time
Bad news. My motherboard is dead and according to the computer store, they will have to format the whole computer when they will install the new motherboard. Resulting thus that my complete T23D project is gone.

Good news: I had backupped it all on a removable disc. But I fear that the program will not remember it the way it exactly was.

So let me just say it out aloud: the project seems to be cursed.

Same Make. Same Model. New Mission.

Author
Time
maurice2029, sorry to hear about your tech problems. I've had the similar thing happen to me once. I was waiting for new clips to arrive for years literally (thanks to lazy "fans") and in the meantime my files got corrupted and lost many rare videos. I learned 2 things from it:
1-always backup important materials
2-try finishing the project ASAP and later revisit it if needed
Author
Time
Originally posted by: maurice2029
Bad news. My motherboard is dead and according to the computer store, they will have to format the whole computer when they will install the new motherboard. Resulting thus that my complete T23D project is gone.

Good news: I had backupped it all on a removable disc. But I fear that the program will not remember it the way it exactly was.

So let me just say it out aloud: the project seems to be cursed.


Gahh! If it hasn't been done yet, just have them put a new drive in and connect the old one as a slave. Then, everything will still be on the old one. I know it'll cost you a little more ($100 or so), but it'll probably be well worth the time.
F Scale score - 3.3333333333333335

You are disciplined but tolerant; a true American.

Pissing off Rob since August 2007.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: tb1971
maurice2029, sorry to hear about your tech problems. I've had the similar thing happen to me once. I was waiting for new clips to arrive for years literally (thanks to lazy "fans") and in the meantime my files got corrupted and lost many rare videos. I learned 2 things from it:
1-always backup important materials
2-try finishing the project ASAP and later revisit it if needed


Yeah, it's a shame. Next time I won't wait anymore I think.

I have backupped all the data. Now I'm trying to find the exact same motherboard. If I can find it, I can just replace it and work further. Don't need to format or change anything then. That would be th ideal situation.

Same Make. Same Model. New Mission.

Author
Time
Here's an update on the project.

I bought a new motherboard that is almost exactly the same. On Saturdayevening I went to a collague of mine to install. After installing it, it still didn't work. After some time it tried to start windows but failed everything and kept on rebooting before Windows was actually starting. At 23:00 we finally decided to put back the original motherboard because nothing worked (we changed processors, coolers and a lot of stuff). After placing back the original motherboard, it worked again. Really strange. Yesterday I boot my computer and it still works, so now I'm planning to watch my fanedit on DVD and do the small the fixes, so at least disc 1 will be finished.

Same Make. Same Model. New Mission.

Author
Time
Good news. Yesterday evening I did a test viewing of my first disc, made some changes/fixes. At 11 in the evening I compiled what I call the final version of disc 1. Will do a final test viewing this evening of the changes/fixes I made. After this, disc 1 is finally finished!!!!

Woohoo!!! Now quickly starting on disc 2!

Same Make. Same Model. New Mission.

Author
Time
thanks for all your hard work ;-)

Remember, Highlander, you’ve both still got your full measure of life. Use it well, and your future will be glorious.

Author
Time
Disc 1 has been finished yesterday evening. Work on disc 2 will start after my wintersport holliday that will start next week.

Because of the limitations of DVD Lab Pro 2 with the amount of menu screens and VTS menu's, the navigation is not 100 % perfect. Just don't push that menu button and everything should run fine.

Same Make. Same Model. New Mission.

Author
Time
Teaser opening main menu disc 2 is finished:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BKfjfwIV07A

Same Make. Same Model. New Mission.

Author
Time
Can't wait for this. I hope you're able to finish it all without any more hiccups.

To contact me outside the forum, for trades and such my email address is my OT.com username @gmail.com

Author
Time
 (Edited)
I need your feedback on 1 of my covers. Here's the Arnold version, the difference is in the upper field of the backcover. One is the original background image (but logo is harder to read), the other one in black background (logo better to read, but looks weird imo).

http://www.hopeofthefuture.net/tmp/dvd-arnie1.jpg
http://www.hopeofthefuture.net/tmp/dvd-arnie2.jpg

Which one do you think is the best of those two?

Same Make. Same Model. New Mission.

Author
Time
maurice2029 said:

I need your feedback on 1 of my covers. Here's the Arnold version, the difference is in the upper field of the backcover. One is the original background image (but logo is harder to read), the other one in black background (logo better to read, but looks weird imo).

http://www.hopeofthefuture.net/tmp/dvd-arnie1.jpg
http://www.hopeofthefuture.net/tmp/dvd-arnie2.jpg

Which one do you think is the best of those two?


#2
Author
Time
I agree, #2 looks more professional.

To contact me outside the forum, for trades and such my email address is my OT.com username @gmail.com

Author
Time
Finished the covers. I'm burning the last version of disc 2. If I can't find any errors on it, then it will be the final version and the T23D project is finished. I will start uploading it and create info.

"Arnie" cover
http://www.hopeofthefuture.net/tmp/t23d-dvd-arnie.jpg

"Cyberdyne" cover version 1
http://www.hopeofthefuture.net/tmp/t23d-dvd-cyberdyne1.jpg

"Cyberdyne" cover version 2
http://www.hopeofthefuture.net/tmp/t23d-dvd-cyberdyne2.jpg

"Endoskeleton" cover
http://www.hopeofthefuture.net/tmp/t23d-dvd-endoskeleton.jpg

"Skull - 'Limited Edition'" cover
http://www.hopeofthefuture.net/tmp/t23d-dvd-skulllimiteedition.jpg

"Steel" cover
http://www.hopeofthefuture.net/tmp/t23d-dvd-steel.jpg

Same Make. Same Model. New Mission.

Author
Time
Hope it's all finished with no quirks - been waiting for this one. Will bring back memories of seeing it in Japan.

To contact me outside the forum, for trades and such my email address is my OT.com username @gmail.com

Author
Time
klokwerk said:

Hope it's all finished with no quirks - been waiting for this one. Will bring back memories of seeing it in Japan.

I'm going to upload it on rapidshare.com and creating a torrent out of it.I'm just waiting for more 1 thing before I can do that.

Anyway, there 2 segments of the Japanese show on disc 1 (ofcourse with the Japanese dub), so those will even bring back more memories for you ';)

Btw, klokwerk, are you Dutch?

Same Make. Same Model. New Mission.

Author
Time
Sweet, will be cool to see the Japanese bits. :) I wish I could've offered you material - but I didn't take any photos/videos of the thing when I was there at USJ.

And no, people ask me all the time because of my screen name, but I'm not dutch. I'm actually Australian.

To contact me outside the forum, for trades and such my email address is my OT.com username @gmail.com