Sign In

Survivors' Enclave From Another Fanediting site (.org regroup thread) — Page 2

Author
Time

darth_ender said:

I think these sites really are partners in crime

I'd have probably phrased that ^ differently x-D

Welcome to any stray FE.org members by the way. Lots of similar movie obsessed types here too. Check out the amazing stuff going on in the 'Fan Edits, Preservation Efforts, and Other Fan Projects' Forum while you are here.

VIZ TOP TIPS! - PARENTS. Impress your children by showing them a floppy disk and telling them it’s a 3D model of a save icon.

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:

Tobar said:

Now I'm disappointed I never got to see the original title!

 ???

Nothing has changed.

And btw, each post shows the thread title as it was at the time of the post (except the OP, which always shows the current title).

 That's what I thought but I couldn't figure out how they got Anti-matter out of that. Still can't actually. =P

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Stepping softly in a danger zone…

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Tobar said:

That's what I thought but I couldn't figure out how they got Anti-matter out of that. Still can't actually. =P

The "another fanediting site" immediately brought to mind digital-fanedits.com. I figured this discussion was going to be about comparing that site with fanedit.org.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Some cool edits on here. I was in the process of making a Love, Actually edit for @Gaith when the site went down, so I suppose I'll make a temporary off-topic thread here for that edit until FE pops back up.

Is there a way to gt this forum on a Tapatalk/ equivalent app?

The bummer for me is the 2001 vs Interstellar project I was working on with @DominicCobb. That was something I was excited about and will keep working on.. maybe create a thread on here in the 'other' section just to collect all the clips in one place? Lemme know what you think Dom.

Author
Time

Good luck getting this place on Tapatalk.  It's barely on the internet.

Author
Time

A little off-topic: So what's the latest on fanedit.info?  I was happy to see it was back up yesterday and now it's back down with .org.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

No clue.  But I do know that whatever is going on with info is unrelated to the fe.org outage.

Author
Time

ranger613 said:

The bummer for me is the 2001 vs Interstellar project I was working on with @DominicCobb. That was something I was excited about and will keep working on.. maybe create a thread on here in the 'other' section just to collect all the clips in one place? Lemme know what you think Dom.

 Yeah, definitely open up a thread in "Fan Edits of Other Films" section. I never actually got to give that last clip you posted a proper watch, just skimmed through it. I have some thoughts off the top of my head but it'd be nice to really see it before I give notes.

By the way, this forum unfortunately does not have user tagging. This forum actually doesn't have a lot of things now that I think of it. But it's cool.

Author
Time

Like I said, it's barely on the internet.  But I love it anyway.

(Mostly for the loose moderation)

Author
Time

Honeys & Hotties time! 

... Ms. Kendrick gets the spotlight tonight.

Author
Time

Ryan McAvoy said:

darth_ender said:

I think these sites really are partners in crime

I'd have probably phrased that ^ differently x-D

Welcome to any stray FE.org members by the way. Lots of similar movie obsessed types here too. Check out the amazing stuff going on in the 'Fan Edits, Preservation Efforts, and Other Fan Projects' Forum while you are here.

 Such phrasing was completely intentional and hopefully slightly humorous ;)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

DominicCobb said:

ranger613 said:

The bummer for me is the 2001 vs Interstellar project I was working on with @DominicCobb. That was something I was excited about and will keep working on.. maybe create a thread on here in the 'other' section just to collect all the clips in one place? Lemme know what you think Dom.

 Yeah, definitely open up a thread in "Fan Edits of Other Films" section. I never actually got to give that last clip you posted a proper watch, just skimmed through it. I have some thoughts off the top of my head but it'd be nice to really see it before I give notes.

By the way, this forum unfortunately does not have user tagging. This forum actually doesn't have a lot of things now that I think of it. But it's cool.

 Ok cool man, I jut opened a thread:

http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/2001-vs-Interstellar/topic/17291/

There's no embedding it seems but the links are there . Cheers

Kris

Author
Time

stretch009 said:

A little off-topic: So what's the latest on fanedit.info?  I was happy to see it was back up yesterday and now it's back down with .org.

 And now it's back up again. :)

Author
Time

Well maybe you shouldn't go where you're not allowed. :p

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:

Well maybe you shouldn't go where you're not allowed. :p

JEDIT: *shrug*

 

Author
Time
 (Edited)

So not sure if this is big news yet but just read about DC's Casting news for Suicide Squad...

Deadshot:

and of course, the most important one:

I can't say I've been more excited by a cast for a superhero movie. I have been proven wrong before, like when I learned Heath Ledger would be joker, yea I thought that itself was a joke. 10 Things I hate about you? Really? Long story short, I was proven wrong as Ledger's was the best character ever potrayed in any superhero movie, like ever. (insert Oscar photo) 

Jared Leto seems to be a perfect choice for Joker, the definitive gold standard to compare against as far as Batman goes being Mark Hamill's animated version. The guy looks the part and definitely has the acting skill for it, but so did the Shining's Jack Nicholson, so the overall tone of the movie will really determine how good it is.

As far as tone goes, it'll depend on the director. Also a bit surprising.. actually a lot surprising. David Ayer made an awesome Guys movie this year called Fury, I loved it, and have identified my modern day Peckinpah in Ayer, I respect the guy-- he makes edgy brutal movies. Told my girlfriend not to bother watching Fury tho, its one of those Guy's guy movies which is macho to a fault. Well, I hope Ayer (unlike Snyder with Man of Steel) recognizes that despite being antiheroes, this is still a Superhero movie-- people need to have fun and root for the leads.. As much as I like it, I really didn't cheer for anyone in Fury (its hard when you see them stabbing a guy in the eyes while calling him a ******* ****). Doesn't mean it wasn't a good, gritty film. Thing is, I'm not sure if DC needs another dark, gritty film with neck-snapping depressed Supermans. Nolan already did that trilogy. Why not take a hint from Marvel, who are essentially making the same lighthearted superhero film over again and again (other than Guardins of Galaxy-- which was actually something new and great), making people happy, getting decent reviews and making lots of money.

Of course, it IS called Suicide Squad. Who knows? Anyway, the casting is very promising. I didn't feel any need to comment on Will Smith as Deadshot, because to play the most charismatic superhero of the lot, why Wouldn't you cast the most charismatic actor on Earth?

 

Author
Time

I absolutely thought of that when this thread was started!