I've been "locked out" of the Supermancinema forums for reasons not revealed to me...so in light of this, I'm moving the project here, where I'm sure I'll have some help and advice from people who are more experianced with this sort of thing.
III has become steadidly more popular in contrast to it's place in history, I think it's due to the fact that somewhere in this movie, there DOES lie a great Superman film, all that needs to be done is to throw away certain things like humour
Here's the breakdown as it is presently
1. The credits are in space
2. The Paris scene will serve as the opening, good little prolouge that sets up Lois's deserved vacation after experiancing that sort of thing, set the Daily Planet footage from II before it, and the footage from III afterwards.
3. Gus Goreman's first scene won't even be the pre-credits sequence, but when he pulls his car up to go to work. His job won't even be mentioned or seen, I want to make Goreman look like an eccentric, yet already succesful, computer genius who willingly goes ahead with Webster's schemes. No comedy, because when Pryor's serious in this movie, he has some of the best moments (when he stands up to Webster and asks him to build the computer for instance, that was just awesome, and that will be honoured here)
4. Goreman's entire scenes in Smallville have been cut.
5. Goreman's creation of the dark Kryptonite is'nt altered either
6. Superman does'nt save Ricky from the feilds at all. Clark departs his picnic with Lana to stop the chaos in Columbia after picking up the feirce winds with his super-hearing.
7. The first thing Evil Superman does after arriving too late to stop the Bidge, is he destroys the fourtress of solitude , then he sinks the navy barge for Webster, then he fights himself in the Junkyard (to make it seem like killing aquatic life thanks to the oil spill and condemming people to certain death if the ship sinks snaps him out of it)
9. Somewhere in between, Gus develops a conscience and tries to destroy the machine, but the thing gains indepedence as before and turns on it's masters.
10. When Clark is thrown into the compactor, I'm going to fade to the "other" FOS scene with Clark calling out for his father, then picks up the green crystal, as if a wake up call, we cut back to Clark smashing through the compacter and strangling his evil self, winning the battle.
11. Things pretty much carry on as normal here, but by this point, Superman is fighting the computer, NOT Webster, as it fires the missles etc. Video game stuff will be minimised.
12. Superman gets in the cave, computer hits him with the Kryptonite, and I'm going to include small cuts that make it look like this is the dark Kryptonite sample, and that Superman is flasbacking to what happened when he was dosed with this the last time, and is trying to restrain himself from reliving the nightmare. I want this to look elegently chilling., then Goreman saves the day. Superman defeats and destroys the computer, as normal.
13. We end the movie with Clark's encounter with Brad at the hotel, then Superman repairing the damage to the Naval ship (well, leaving oil to spill for hours to fight a giant computer that threatnes billions of lives beats fixing the Leaning Tower of Pisa anyday), then flying off above the planet.
14. Several scenes will use John Willams music.