In “Suicide Squad: The Harley Quinn Cut” the main focus to make there be a main character, that main character being Harley Quinn. One of the problems with the movie was the fact there did not seem to be a main character. I also want to do more than just that, I want to fix pacing issues and omit most if not all of the soundtrack and all around make the movie less like a trailer. I also am thinking of making the plot twist, along with the mission being to save Amanda Waller, to also be that June Moone and Rick Flag are dating. Also the movie will be brighter and have a better (in my opinion) color grading.
This is a list of all the changes I will make in order of when they will happen:
- Instead of starting out in prison, the movie will start out in Arkham asylum with The Joker asking Harleen for a machine gun and the electroshock therapy. I will omit all the strange jumpcuts. From there we will get the motorcycle chase scene between Harley and Joker (This might be omitted since there is no connection between this scene and the other Joker and Harley scenes). Then the chemical bath scene with new music, the club scene with some more suspense, and the Batman chase scene. I might even put in some scenes from Mad Love if that doesn’t seem too strange.
- Omit the scene where Deadshot is abused in prison
- Harley’s prison scene, possibly new music.
- Omit Waller’s exposition on the squad
- Pentagon or White House scene or wherever that is supposed to take place will have a definitive location.
- Omit Deadshot looking out the window and thinking about his daughter.
- Omit the scene where Flag is doubting the squad to Waller as she compares it to the mafia in World War II because this is again just another scene about telling people what the plan is, and there is a line that refers to the love between Flag and June, and that is supposed to be a twist.
- Rework the scene where Enchantress escapes so Flag is not in it and June having a nightmare about Enchantress instead of randomly saying her name.
- Move the scene when Flag and June try to stop Incubus until right after Enchantress releases Incubus and gains control
- Move and morph the two scenes in Pentagon command room where they activate Task Force X
- Omit Harley’s phone and the part in the montage where Harley is given the phone.
- Move the clip of Katana killing the men in the rain until after the montage when the squad have to bombs planted in their necks instead of the Van Criss scene. This will instead be Katana’s introduction.
- Remove the music when the Flag is meeting the Squad at the airport and when the squad is gearing up.
- Omit Boomerang’s pink unicorn since that has no payoff.
- Omit Slipknot
- Recut Katana’s arrival on the plane and the plane scene. I will try to remove the music in this scene.
- Move the Joker knife circle and Grigg’s interrogation until right after the squad crash lands. Replace the line “You are going to be my friend” with “I can’t wait to show you my toys”.
- Omit any lines that refer to the squad as the bad guys or villains. They will be referred to as criminals though.
- Move the Van Criss scene until after we see Enchantress making the rock zombies.
- Make Deadshot have a flashback to his daughter when he looks at the clothes, and possibly have him assassinate Angelo during this flashback as well. If Harley looks at random objects and has flashbacks, why can’t Deadshot?
- Recut Harley in the elevator and get rid of the music in the elevator. If I cannot work around Harley’s phone in this part, I will just omit this.
- Possibly rework the reason that Diablo uses his powers in the building. Instead of Deadshot making Diablo mad for touching his head, make him mad for Deadshot claiming he doesn’t stand for anything.
- Omit Boomerang leaving in the bar, and Harley touching her neck after Flag destroys the phone that he has the app he can detonate the bombs in their necks with
- Omit the line “Her heart’s out, we can end this!”
Tell me your thoughts or if you have any suggestions. I would love to hear them.