The idea for my first faneidt attempt was to recut each season of Stranger Things into three full length films, like a horror franchise from the '80s. I wanted to create three cohesive movies to watch alone as a recap of each season or for a first viewing without having to watch entire seasons.
Many scenes and subplots were removed and some major changes occurred in order to create an easy to follow and comprehensive story.
My initial goal was to keep the movies under 2 hours and 30 minutes -my personal ideal runtime- but obviously I failed.
Runtime: 2 hours 38 minutes
- Less Wheeler family.
- Less Eleven and Benny interaction and no investigation for Benny’s death.
- Less “bad men” searching for Eleven.
- Less Hopper’s invastigation of Hawkins Laboratory.
- No mentions and appearances of Will’s father.
- No Terry Ives subplot.
- Less Steve and Nancy romance.
STRANGER THINGS 2
Runtime: 2 hours 35 minutes
- No Eleven. Every scene with Eleven up to the point where she appears in Byers’ house was removed. The narration of the film suggests that she died during the events of the previous film with only some small hints of her return. I decided to do that in order to maintain a more cohesive story for a more satisfying runtime focusing solely on the Mind Flayer.
- Eleven’s journey. After revealing herself in Byers’ house follows a brief flashback of her journey from her return from the Upside Down to her visit to her mother and her reattachment with her sister.
- Less Max and the boys trying to befriend her.
- Almost no Billy.
- Less Joyce and Bod.
- No Nancy and Steve conflict.
- Less Dr. Sam Owens.
- Less Dustin and Dart.
- Less Nancy and Jonathan at Murray’s home.
- Less intarigation of Will in the shack.
- No flashbacks from Season 1.
STRANGER THINGS 3
Runtime: 2 hours 48 minutes
- No Billy and miss Wheeler romance.
- No Hawkins Post.
- No miss Driscoll subplot.
- Way less Mayor Larry Kline.
- Less Nacny and Jonathan.
- Less Joyce research about the magnets and less Scott Clarke.
- Less Heather.
- Less Dustin, Steve, Robin and Erica at the Russian lab.
- No Russian interrogation.
- No Steve and Robin romance.
- Less Hopper and Joyce romance.
- Less Murray and Alexei.
- Νο Suzie and Dustin’s song.
- No flashbacks from previous seasons.
The edits will soon be avaliable just by sending me a PM.
I would love any feedback and/or ideas on how to improve this progect.