Sign In

Starwars.com closes its forums — Page 4

Author
Time
 (Edited)

bkev said:

Well, not ALL of those threads you linked were bad - maybe a bit obsessive, but I see ridiculous shit like that all the time at Daizenshuu EX and I'm still a semi-regular.

Yeah, perhaps. Still, many of those questions are so pathetically stupid; questions like "Did Luke ever drive a landspeeder after leaving Tatooine?" or "Do Sith Lords ever sue their apprentices if they refuse to use red lightsabers?" would be of similar calibre. It's inane clutter.

Divergent Universes
Dreams of a Randy Git-Fiend

Make Off Topic great again.

Author
Time

Baronlando said:

What, you don't want to be lectured about going to Star Wars Hell for not accepting Dexter Jetser into your life?

WIN!

Author
Time

why u no like teh preqwels guys?? You just don't get GEORGE'S VISION!!! GEORGE IS AWSUM!¬!!!"!!1!! IDIOTS STIOP LIVING IN T HE PAST!!! WWAAAA!!!

<span style=“font-weight: bold;”>The Most Handsomest Guy on OT.com</span>

Author
Time

The fact that it's tailored to satisfy fans is a 'problem' with Adywan's cut? 

ahahahahahah

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Quackula said:

The fact that it's tailored to satisfy fans is a 'problem' with Adywan's cut? 

ahahahahahah

I know right! Funniest thing I've seen on the internets.

 

To quote Ted striker from Airplane! "What a pisser"

<span style=“font-weight: bold;”>The Most Handsomest Guy on OT.com</span>

Author
Time

That quote makes my brain hurt a little...

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

I love it. Makes me feel smarter than I actually am.

<span style=“font-weight: bold;”>The Most Handsomest Guy on OT.com</span>

Author
Time

DuracellEnergizer said:

Quackula said:

CO said:

SW.com closes down? Hopefully TFN can close down too!

No then the TFN guys might all migrate over here or something

And then you'd get threads like this popping up all the time.

http://boards.theforce.net/classic_trilogy/b10002/31352337/p1/?27

http://boards.theforce.net/classic_trilogy/b10002/31492709/p1/?10

http://boards.theforce.net/classic_trilogy/b10002/31621838/p1/?7

http://boards.theforce.net/prequel_trilogy/b10669/31513757/p1/?351

http://boards.theforce.net/star_wars_saga/b10456/31433853/p1/?9

http://boards.theforce.net/star_wars_saga/b10456/31463768/p1/?25

http://boards.theforce.net/literature/b10003/31590957/p1/?343

Brrrrrrr.

I honestly don't know whether to laugh or to cry at some of those threads...

Author
Time
 (Edited)

For shame doubleoffive, for shame. I'm very disappointed in you.

Now we find out about your dark and dirty past. This is terrible. Terrible!

 

 

And the login doesn't work

<span style=“font-weight: bold;”>The Most Handsomest Guy on OT.com</span>

Author
Time

All goofing aside;  that is a very disturbing board to read.  There are people on that forum who have so fully bought into the Lucas "Original Vision" bullshit that they somehow see, and have discussions about, things that simply are not there. 

Nor were they ever there because they hadn't been thought of at the time the first three films were written. I saw a discussion of why Vader would torture his own daughter on the Death Star.  Leia-as-daughter was years away from being thought up by Lucas, yet these people are having an in-depth, very serious discussion about it - trying to understand it.  Trying to somehow make it fit in with the lies they've been fed.

It's scarey that people can be drawn in and fooled at that level.  They've completely let go of reality.  Fuck, man - it's the 1984 Ministry Of Truth and it's really happening.  Lucas changes shit on the fly and they buy it 100%.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

You’re killing me, Smalls.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Anchorhead said:

It's scarey that people can be drawn in and fooled at that level.  They've completely let go of reality.  Fuck, man - it's the 1984 Ministry Of Truth and it's really happening.  Lucas changes shit on the fly and they buy it 100%.

Greedo has always shot first. And we have always been at war with Eastasia.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Anchorhead said:

All goofing aside;  that is a very disturbing board to read.  There are people on that forum who have so fully bought into the Lucas "Original Vision" bullshit that they somehow see, and have discussions about, things that simply are not there. 

Nor were they ever there because they hadn't been thought of at the time the first three films were written. I saw a discussion of why Vader would torture his own daughter on the Death Star.  Leia-as-daughter was years away from being thought up by Lucas, yet these people are having an in-depth, very serious discussion about it - trying to understand it.  Trying to somehow make it fit in with the lies they've been fed.

It's scarey that people can be drawn in and fooled at that level.  They've completely let go of reality.  Fuck, man - it's the 1984 Ministry Of Truth and it's really happening.  Lucas changes shit on the fly and they buy it 100%.

Optimist in me says that they aren't actually buying into it THAT much, they're just playing along because they're obsessive fans of the 'saga'. Of course I don't really know TF.n like some of you guys do. 

Also, I guess kinda in response to an above post... I didn't migrate here from a Star Wars forum at all, I found this place via an off-topic post on a cover art website for video games. This place rekindled my interest in Star Wars, actually.

Author
Time

You too? Did the same for me. I found this looking for fan trailers of the movies.

Author
Time

Quackula said:

Optimist in me says that they aren't actually buying into it THAT much, they're just playing along because they're obsessive fans of the 'saga'. Of course I don't really know TF.n like some of you guys do.

No, they are indeed f***ing mental. Many of the members over there completely buy the revisionist crap that the SE's were Lucas' "true vision" and that the changes were all done because he didn't have the technology at the time to do the things he wanted. So it was impossible to have Greedo shoot first because of FX constraints?? Idiots.

I had to deal with all their type of crap when i did ANH:R. Death threats and threats of violence because i dared to "change Lucas' vision". I just can't believe how many buy into all this crap.  They refuse to believe that vader being Lukes dad, leia being the sister etc was not his original intentions, even though there is video evidence of Lucas stating this was not the case from the 70's & 80's. I find it really strange just how blinkered some people can be.

Now, not everyone over at thefreakynutters (tfn) can be tarred with the same brush as i have seen many who can think for themselves and don't believe the rubbish, but they seem to get shot down pretty quick by the mindless zombies.

ANH:REVISITED
ESB:REVISITED

DONATIONS TOWARDS MATERIALS FOR THE REVISITED SAGA

Author
Time

I keep meaning to join up and see how long it takes to get banned.

Author
Time

Oo! That sounds like fun!

<span style=“font-weight: bold;”>The Most Handsomest Guy on OT.com</span>

Author
Time
 (Edited)

 

TV's Frink said:

I keep meaning to join up and see how long it takes to get banned.

 

Maybe you did already, and you were banned soo quickly you got knocked back in time......?

Star Wars Episode XXX: Erica Strikes Back

         Davnes007 LogoCanadian Flag

          If you want Nice, go to France

Author
Time

Well, to be clear, I'm not advocating an invasion or anything.  I'm just wondering how long it would take if I just acted like my normal posting self.

I'm guessing about 45 minutes.

Author
Time

Davnes007 said:

 

TV's Frink said:

I keep meaning to join up and see how long it takes to get banned.

 

Maybe you did already, and you were banned soo quickly you got knocked back in time......?

That...er...I don't...

Check please.

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:


Well, to be clear, I'm not advocating an invasion or anything.  I'm just wondering how long it would take if I just acted like my normal posting self.

I'm guessing about 45 minutes.
Doesn't sound like too much effort. Do it!

Ady, you should change the name of the thread to reflect it's current subject (TFN), or open it to "Other Star Wars Forums"

Star Wars Revisited Wordpress / Facebook / Twitter

Star Wars Visual Comparisons WordPress / Twitter