Sign In

Star Wars: deleted and extended scenes * database * — Page 3

Author
Time

^…^ said:

UPDATE!

updated first post; added deleted scenes of EPVIII and Solo, plus something about Rogue One.

It would be nice to find out a complete list of its cut shots found on trailers and teasers…

welcome back.
you´re working now on the extended versions?
regards

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Ok so an unsuspecting Deleted Scene… Actually this scrolling Planet Surface is Used for Approaching the Death Star in the Film but the Planet has been inverted in Color and Rotated 180 degrees…

If you look at the planet scrolling Surface once we See the X-wings Heading Towards Camera the Correct Scrolling Surface is Used for the Orange Planet Yavin. Instead of Reversing the Scrolling Texture they Decided to use this Scroll instead perhaps because it was rotating in the right direction for the effect of passing the planet.

It was Actually created for the Alderaan part of the film.

So How does it Work?

Ok the orierntation is correct in the Image the Planet Scrolls toward the Horizon… The Star Field Moves left to Right and the Death Star can Move and pivot as a footage Matte or 2D image element.

This would create a 3D effect using 2D elements so as to simulate the Death Star in Orbit.

This would Mean that That when seeing Alderaan out the View screen on The Death Star it would have been either Stationary (Most Likely) or come in from the left to the center of the screen. Had this scene been included Alderaan would have been stationary on the Death Star Viewscreen is my Gut feeling.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Ronster said:

Ok so an unsuspecting Deleted Scene… Actually this scrolling Planet Surface is Used for Approaching the Death Star in the Film but the Planet has been inverted in Color and Rotated 180 degrees…

If you look at the planet scrolling Surface once we See the X-wings Heading Towards Camera the Correct Scrolling Surface is Used for the Orange Planet Yavin. Instead of Reversing the Scrolling Texture they Decided to use this Scroll instead perhaps because it was rotating in the right direction for the effect of passing the planet.

It was Actually created for the Alderaan part of the film.

So How does it Work?

Ok the orierntation is correct in the Image the Planet Scrolls toward the Horizon… The Star Field Moves left to Right and the Death Star can Move and pivot as a footage Matte or 2D image element.

This would create a 3D effect using 2D elements so as to simulate the Death Star in Orbit.

This would Mean that That when seeing Alderaan out the Viewscreen on The Death Star it would have been either Stationary (Most Likely) or come in from the left to the center of the screen.

Isn’t that totally off topic? A picture from a story book is not a deleted scene…
(and why the hell is the thumb blue? Is the book hold by a Smurf?)

Author
Time

ZigZig said:

Ronster said:

Ok so an unsuspecting Deleted Scene… Actually this scrolling Planet Surface is Used for Approaching the Death Star in the Film but the Planet has been inverted in Color and Rotated 180 degrees…

If you look at the planet scrolling Surface once we See the X-wings Heading Towards Camera the Correct Scrolling Surface is Used for the Orange Planet Yavin. Instead of Reversing the Scrolling Texture they Decided to use this Scroll instead perhaps because it was rotating in the right direction for the effect of passing the planet.

It was Actually created for the Alderaan part of the film.

So How does it Work?

Ok the orierntation is correct in the Image the Planet Scrolls toward the Horizon… The Star Field Moves left to Right and the Death Star can Move and pivot as a footage Matte or 2D image element.

This would create a 3D effect using 2D elements so as to simulate the Death Star in Orbit.

This would Mean that That when seeing Alderaan out the Viewscreen on The Death Star it would have been either Stationary (Most Likely) or come in from the left to the center of the screen.

Isn’t that totally off topic? A picture from a story book is not a deleted scene…
(and why the hell is the thumb blue? Is the book hold by a Smurf?)

The elements were Re-Purposed Yavin Does not Have Clouds…

The Color Was inverted

If you were doing an edition that used the Special Edition Yavin Approach you could effectively re-create the original Purpose of the element that is Alderaan and re-create the scene… Or Alternatively you could take the correct scrolling Matte of Yavin in the Next shot and Reverse it so you had Only Correct Yavin scrolling Matte and Use the Alderaan one where it is Meant to go.

Author
Time

OK, so this is definitely off topic.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

No it is not, if you put the footage in an optical printer 180 degrees the other way the surface would scroll to the horizon. Then you invert the Color also. It is Alderaan it is a Deleted Scene of Alderaan looking from the Planet with Death Star Orbiting it.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

No it is not a deleted/extended scene, it is your weird extrapolation based on a photo taken from a storybook (hold by a Smurf).
Could you please discuss about this storybook in the topic dedicated to it ?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

ZigZig said:

No it is not a deleted/extended scene, it is your weird extrapolation based on a photo taken from a storybook (hold by a Smurf).
Could you please discuss about this storybook in the topic dedicated to it ?

NO

Like saying this is not deleted scene…

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I would love to see your work on these deleted scenes. I’m actually thinking about my own restoration for my Ultimate Edition of the entire saga, including the upcoming Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker, and feel like I need a project like this for reference. For the deleted scenes that are given two stars, I’ll try to clean them up as much as I can. Of course, for those given three or four stars, I should have an easier time cleaning those. The scenes given only one star, I won’t use at all. I don’t really need those scenes anyway, I just need the ones that have two to five stars. Anyway, can’t wait to see how you did on these deleted scenes.

UncutIsSuperior

Author
Time

Many of the storybook pictures were absolutely not deleted scenes. They often would composite different elements together for the storybook and collector cards space scenes. You can search the Internet and find other pictures with many of the same elements as you find in this pictures, clearly the exact same shot, but superimposed in a different manner.



Consider how much work went into making space scenes in those days. How could they so easily discard completed scenes? How much easier is it to simply photograph a few elements and splice them together for publicity purposes.

On the other hand, the scene you refer to with Vader, Tarkin, and Motti (which involves no space shots) was an early FX shot with special effects projected onto the background rather than matted in later. Note that there is no composition necessary in such a shot. Yes, it is a deleted, alternate take on the scene where Tarkin decides to “set course for Alderaan.”

By the way, the picture does look a lot like Yavin and your thumb looks a lot more natural in this version of the shot that you took:

However, once again, this last picture is not a deleted scene or alternate shot of a classic scene, but again, ships composited together.

Author
Time

ZigZig said:

No it is not a deleted/extended scene, it is your weird extrapolation based on a photo taken from a storybook

In other words, a typical Ronster “discovery.”

a trolling bantha

Author
Time

Does anyone know what was cut out of The Rise of Skywalker, or will we have to wait for more details in the future. I know that there was more details on how Palpatine survived and who Matt Smith was playing.

Noah Lawson

Author
Time

benduwan said:

someone should make a video database where all the scenes are ready for download…
categories are :
delet/unused , alternate , behind the scenes (for filmed but no released scenes).
only a suggestion but would be cool.👍 😎

Great idea! Disappointing that Disney can’t put all material together in one release.

Well pulled together spoRv

Author
Time

I can see there’s no database for The Rise of Skywalker’s deleted scenes.

“The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.”
-Sheev Palpatine, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (2005)

Author
Time

There’s a few shots from the trailers and The Skywalker Legacy doco. There’s only really one actual full scene that’s been released which is Rey oiling D-O.

The doco clips can be seen here
https://vimeo.com/398677816

Not sure if anyone has collected the trailer shots yet, but it’s not much if I remember.

Author
Time

Bobson Dugnutt said:

There’s a few shots from the trailers and The Skywalker Legacy doco. There’s only really one actual full scene that’s been released which is Rey oiling D-O.

The doco clips can be seen here
https://vimeo.com/398677816

Not sure if anyone has collected the trailer shots yet, but it’s not much if I remember.

cool find

Author
Time

spoRv said:

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

  • Anakin makes an important promise to Padme behind the scene

Does anyone know what this refers to or where it’s from?

Author
Time

Bobson Dugnutt said:

spoRv said:

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

  • Anakin makes an important promise to Padme behind the scene

Does anyone know what this refers to or where it’s from?

i don´t know where this could be…
only sporv knows that.but he isn´t here for a long time.
so it´s only up on you watch all the dvd and bluray extra stuff and all the tv and video specials for find this… 😉
good luck with google…😃

Author
Time

spoRv said:

NOTES

Completely unfinished/animatics or sketches only will NOT be added.
If a scene is found on multiple sources, I’ll note only the best one, or, if quality is the same, the most easy to find.
A project, using many of these scenes, is in progress: http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Star-Wars-saga-Extra-Extended-Edition-1080p/id/5213

link don´t work.

this works:
https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Star-Wars-saga-Extra-Extended-Edition-1080p/id/52131

Author
Time

Was a LaserDisc capture ever done of Lapti Nek on high-end equipment? I know spoRv had been weighing doing a capture of all LD featurettes, including that, 5-7 years ago but has many other projects going. I’d be willing to commission the capture for anyone with solid equipment/processes – any interest, AntcuFaalb?

The RowMan bonus I’ve had since high school is the only capture I’ve been able to verify was done, and I don’t know whether that was sourced from LD or the Executor VHS, but I’m sure it could be improved on – even if the music video itself is extremely poor quality.

I’m hoping to mask in at least two shots of the dancers that add character and continuity, and maybe try to figure something out with the shot of Salacious Crumb drinking. I have an RTX 2080 Super (not Ti) on the way and will play around with upscaling methods, but the current source probably wouldn’t benefit at all.

Also wondering… was any video ever released of the royal guards crossing staves in front of Vader? It mirrors/adds foreshadowing to the shot of the Gamorreans barring Luke’s entry. It’s been so many years, I can’t recall where I saw/read about that.

Author
Time

alter said:
Also wondering… was any video ever released of the royal guards crossing staves in front of Vader? It mirrors/adds foreshadowing to the shot of the Gamorreans barring Luke’s entry. It’s been so many years, I can’t recall where I saw/read about that.

Isn’t that from the deleted scene where Darth Vader almost strangles Moff Jerjerrod? Or is that (crossing staves) from another deleted scene?