Sign In

Star Wars Trilogy SE bluray color regrade — Page 24

Author
Time
 (Edited)

yotsuya said:

NeverarGreat said:

This is one of those shots where the true color of the shot simply doesn’t exist in the Blu-ray. Note the magenta of the cup on the left, which is supposed to be white, still retains a magenta hue in the correction. Similarly, Luke’s dusty offwhite shirt has too much green in the highlights and too much magenta in the shadows, and the correction still doesn’t completely remove these inaccuracies.

This picture skews red but still shows how Luke’s shirt is definitely not white like Leia’s gown:
Luke Shirt

That is a good photo. If you correct for the red, it would have nice skin tones and maybe more blue to the walls in the background.

I think I’ve found what you are looking for:

Author
Time

slumberdore said:

yotsuya said:

That is a good photo. If you correct for the red, it would have nice skin tones and maybe more blue to the walls in the background.

I think I’ve found what you are looking for:

Can someone white balance to the edges of the card? Could bring out some interesting color.

Does anyone think the old topps trading cards are of any use whatsoever to color correction reference? I’ve got a near mint collection of the yellow ones.

Author
Time

NeverarGreat said:

This is one of the last scenes of this half of the film I haven’t finalized yet, but here’s something close to final:

Luke Leia Han

Luke Leia Han

Descpecialized 3.0 is going to be REALLY awesome!

Author
Time

So Dr. Dre… no more screenshots now that you’re on Team Blu? 😃

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Dreamaster said:

So Dr. Dre… no more screenshots now that you’re on Team Blu? 😃

I am not DrDre but I am sure he will still post some great screens for us to look at and keep improving this wonderful tool, but a lot of us are really busy at the moment and we have a lot of great SW Trilogy stuff to line up.

Author
Time

dark_jedi said:

Dreamaster said:

So Dr. Dre… no more screenshots now that you’re on Team Blu? 😃

I am not DrDre but I am sure he will still post some great screens for us to look at and keep improving this wonderful tool, but a lot of us are really busy at the moment and we have a lot of great SW Trilogy stuff to line up.

Whew! Well it’s good to know “Ahsoka” that you didn’t use any of that dark Jedi powers on him! I was skeered!

Author
Time

It makes me sad when there are no updates to this thread…

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I’m sort of figuring out the technicolor color timing for Star Wars, based on the technicolor frames I have, and a number of other technicolor print references. I think I’ve settled on the in my view correct color timing for the Death Star conference room scene. Here’s an example shot:

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Here’s a shot of the Obi-Wan’s cabin sequence with the technicolor grading - DrDre style:

Author
Time

Are you using bots to grade this or manual grading?

Author
Time

I like it! Does it differ greatly from Neverar’s treatment of that shot/scene?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Stotchy said:

I like it! Does it differ greatly from Neverar’s treatment of that shot/scene?

I’m not sure. I haven’t seen Neverar’s result for this shot. The shot does now closely match the frames I have of this sequence, for which my scans are a bit on the cool side. I’m now personally convinced the technicolor prints are supposed to have a warm, yellow color grading, which is reflected in this regrade.

Author
Time

I love the warmer feel of that. And man, those blu-ray colors are crap! Who in their right mind thought that looked appropriate?