I edited this film so Luke has a decent arc. Not this old man giving up thing.
- Over 340 edits. For a 207 min movie.
- Included some deleted scenes.
- Tons of changes. The list of changes is 7 pages long.
- Rey starts training before any ships start firing.
- Luke never says anything about being the last jedi.
- Poe gets informed bout what’s going on early, no mutiny.
- Luke does not go to burn down the text but meets Yoda anyway.
- Rey gets Snoke!
- Rose gets shot by a walker during the speeder scene and then. .
- Luke now seems to do things cause the island is sending him signals.
- No jokes. 98 percent are now gone.
- Almost the whole movie is there, just rearranged better.
- This edit starts and ends with Luke. How it should be. .
End of spoilers.
This took me almost 2 weeks. It sure took on a life of it’s own.
This is the first movie where I absorbed many different documentaries, utube reviews and just reviews of all the hate of said movie. Before I even seen the thing.
The reviews are right. After purchasing the product on itunes, I watched it with my son. We shut it off halfway through. Halfway through. I tried to like it. I tried to see some star wars in the material, I could not see much. Not enough to keep watching.
So then came what I thought would be a light edit. No so. Not so young padawan.
So now this flick is kinda like “The Empire Srikes Back”. In that the story follows the exact same structure. Maybe this is why they cut the movie in the way it is. Who knows.
It is available now for those who would like to check it out.
Here is one review, “Star Wars has turned to shit but this fan edit is badass” “This really felt like watching an old school Star Wars movie”
Edit: I am making a few small changes. Shout out to Chris solo for noticing them.