Sign In

Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Redux Ideas thread — Page 98

Author
Time

Ed Slushie said:

I’m not sure if anyone wants to make an edit that removes the old woman and the ghosts from the ending entirely, but I used some masking and added a bit from the Idirhh/ChaseAddams alternate “Rey Skywalker” take to shorten the scene. Now, Rey is simply looking sentimentally at the sunrise before flying off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-20dPbubR8&feature=youtu.be

That looks really good. I’d prefer this version in a Ben lives edit.

Peace is a lie
There is only passion…

Author
Time
 (Edited)

My only problem with using Jedi temple shots TOO unchanged is that it’s important to remember that the Jedi Temple was remodeled into the Imperial Palace, so it’s probably looking at least a WEE bit more sinister these days, at least on the inside.

Author
Time

I think it would be reasonable to assume the New Republic restored it to it’s former glory post-Empire expecting a new crop of Jedi would take up residence at some point.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I agree with josh, the dream like surrealist atmosphere is really selling the idea, add padme’s ruminations and it’s gold.

Peace is a lie
There is only passion…

Author
Time
 (Edited)

omnimuffin said:

My only problem with using Jedi temple shots TOO unchanged is that it’s important to remember that the Jedi Temple was remodeled into the Imperial Palace, so it’s probably looking at least a WEE bit more sinister these days, at least on the inside.

sorry! that where it appears? I’m not following the expanded universe or legends😅

Author
Time

It’s a sort of Jerusalem; it gets claimed and reclaimed and snatched and rebranded.

Initiating self-destruct countdown…

Author
Time

Absolutely. Recently watched the director’s cut of Ridley Scott’s Kingdom of Heaven, a phenomenal film that really highlights that idea.

Peace is a lie
There is only passion…

Author
Time
 (Edited)

jonh said:

omnimuffin said:

My only problem with using Jedi temple shots TOO unchanged is that it’s important to remember that the Jedi Temple was remodeled into the Imperial Palace, so it’s probably looking at least a WEE bit more sinister these days, at least on the inside.

sorry! that where it appears? I’m not following the expanded universe or legends😅

In Lucasfilm Canon, it’s mostly appeared in a bunch of (very good) comics and novels. Here’s a picture:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/DQqz0

The exterior structure is mostly the same, save for some lovely banners. The interior appears have had at least some degree of structural change, however, at least based on what we see of the throne room and the Emperor’s vault.

Here’s the throne room, as illustrated in the comic adaption of the first of the new Thrawn books- looks pretty similar to his throne room on the Death Star:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/3/36/Emperors_throne_room_Imperial_Palace.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180220134421

However, looking over the various related comics, it looks as though most of the actual interior structures have remained intact, they’ve just been stripped of their Jedi symbolism and statues and the like, and instead replaced with imperial symbolism and statuaries and all that.

This isn’t directly relevant (I just like talking about lore), but it’s kind of implied that Palaptine chose to turn the temple into the Imperial Palace because the Jedi temple was, eons ago, built atop a Sith shrine. During an ancient war with the Sith, the Sith built a shrine in that location and, through heinous bloodshed and general Sith-ery, created a nexus of Dark Side power. The Jedi Temple was built on that location to cap and contain that dark power, in order to prevent it from directly corrupting the rest of Coruscant.

I’m sure that, at the very least, most of the Imperial symbols and relics would have been stripped away by 35 ABY, which is roughly when the ST takes place.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Would have been sick to have Palpatine hiding in the sith shrine deep below the temple instead of Exogol, right under the noses of the New Republic and The First Order. Imagine the surprise of the destroyers emerging from deep below the surface of the industrial regions of the capital. A true power play.

Judging from this concept art this may have been the case in an early draft.
https://mobile.twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1218324295765512192/photo/1

Peace is a lie
There is only passion…

Author
Time

omnimuffin said:

jonh said:

omnimuffin said:

My only problem with using Jedi temple shots TOO unchanged is that it’s important to remember that the Jedi Temple was remodeled into the Imperial Palace, so it’s probably looking at least a WEE bit more sinister these days, at least on the inside.

sorry! that where it appears? I’m not following the expanded universe or legends😅

In Lucasfilm Canon, it’s mostly appeared in a bunch of (very good) comics and novels. Here’s a picture:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/DQqz0

The exterior structure is mostly the same, save for some lovely banners. The interior appears have had at least some degree of structural change, however, at least based on what we see of the throne room and the Emperor’s vault.

Here’s the throne room, as illustrated in the comic adaption of the first of the new Thrawn books- looks pretty similar to his throne room on the Death Star:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/3/36/Emperors_throne_room_Imperial_Palace.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180220134421

However, looking over the various related comics, it looks as though most of the actual interior structures have remained intact, they’ve just been stripped of their Jedi symbolism and statues and the like, and instead replaced with imperial symbolism and statuaries and all that.

This isn’t directly relevant (I just like talking about lore), but it’s kind of implied that Palaptine chose to turn the temple into the Imperial Palace because the Jedi temple was, eons ago, built atop a Sith shrine. During an ancient war with the Sith, the Sith built a shrine in that location and, through heinous bloodshed and general Sith-ery, created a nexus of Dark Side power. The Jedi Temple was built on that location to cap and contain that dark power, in order to prevent it from directly corrupting the rest of Coruscant.

I’m sure that, at the very least, most of the Imperial symbols and relics would have been stripped away by 35 ABY, which is roughly when the ST takes place.

uhhh interesting! I did not know, I did not know it! I’m just a mega fan of movies hahaha, I’ll have to start with the EU 😃

Author
Time

idir_hh said:

Would have been sick to have Palpatine hiding in the sith shrine deep below the temple instead of Exogol, right under the noses of the New Republic and The First Order. Imagine the surprise of the destroyers emerging from deep below the surface of the industrial regions of the capital. A true power play.

Judging from this concept art this may have been the case in an early draft.
https://mobile.twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1218324295765512192/photo/1

Hm. I’d read that concept art as an initial version of the Mustafar sequence, with him finding the wayfinder within the Emperor’s vaults instead of what is meant to be the area nearby Vader’s castle.

That being said, that is a dope visual.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

idir_hh said:

Would have been sick to have Palpatine hiding in the sith shrine deep below the temple instead of Exogol, right under the noses of the New Republic and The First Order. Imagine the surprise of the destroyers emerging from deep below the surface of the industrial regions of the capital. A true power play.

Judging from this concept art this may have been the case in an early draft.
https://mobile.twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1218324295765512192/photo/1

shit! what could have been and was not

we are going to make an opening that is going to shake our hands!

Author
Time

I guess most of us are not that much of sticking to the wider canon when making fan-edits or suggesting ideas (personally, I prefer to acknowledge TCW, if anything) but the Jedi Temple/Imperial Palace bit is actually one of my favorite elements of the new canon, and the idea the Jedi chose Coruscant to build their Temple to suppress the power of an ancient Sith shrine is pretty compelling besides opens a wide can of possibilities.

Either way, I believe you’re developing a genuinely great idea, jonh. It would be awesome to have this opening. And even if it’s not plausible in the end, Coruscant would act as a pretty background for the First Order board meeting, instead of a random location in space. That’d be a funny little shout out to the unproduced “Duel of the Fates” and what it could have been.

Author
Time

Yeah it’s a fascinating idea. It also goes back to how many Christian churches and cathedrals were built upon Pagan shrines and temples.

Peace is a lie
There is only passion…

Author
Time

So cool, really amazing to see Coruscant again. I will say the feet placement appears slightly off, almost like he’s hovering but from looks of it should be a easy fix.

Author
Time

Hi everyone !

I’ve been watching the amazing stuff you’re all doing for some time now and I’ve finally decided to join the forum.
I’m beginning with audio mixing and here’s a rescored version of the battle of Exegol, with the rearranged version of the SW main theme by Samuel Kim (I must admit I didn’t ask his permission to use his stuff but we’ll probably have to if someone wanted to implement this in its edit) :

https://vimeo.com/422006287

pw: fanedit

It’s still a little rough so please let me know about any possible improvement.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I admit that although I love Samuel Kim’s arrangements, most of them do not fit to be in the films themselves because they feel too much like trailer music. For example, the main theme version from the TROS trailer is based on a four-chord sequence, a trait that’s very un-Williams but common in more modern cinematic music.

But even if the music doesn’t feel Williams, I can’t deny that your rescore is goosebump-inducing. I would have loved if that scene in the film had a more emotional soundtrack like the one you used. The space battle in general deserved more attention and screentime.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

JEDIT: forgot which thread I was in…

Initiating self-destruct countdown…

Author
Time

Luka Frik said:

Hi everyone !

I’ve been watching the amazing stuff you’re all doing for some time now and I’ve finally decided to join the forum.
I’m beginning with audio mixing and here’s a rescored version of the battle of Exegol, with the rearranged version of the SW main theme by Samuel Kim (I must admit I didn’t ask his permission to use his stuff but we’ll probably have to if someone wanted to implement this in its edit) :

https://vimeo.com/422006287

pw: fanedit

It’s still a little rough so please let me know about any possible improvement.

That’s a really nice job. I think you slightly lose a bit of sound quality in places. High frequencies get a little ringy so may be try to bring them down or low end up?

Samuel Kim’s work is amazing. He’s just given me permission to use some of his work. I wanted to use his duel of the fate on Kylo & Rey duel just it doesn’t fit with my cut. I hope someone else can work it in somewhere…

Check out - http://www.youtube.com/moviesremastered

Author
Time

Movies Remastered said:

Samuel Kim’s work is amazing. He’s just given me permission to use some of his work. I wanted to use his duel of the fate on Kylo & Rey duel just it doesn’t fit with my cut. I hope someone else can work it in somewhere…

I will second this. I too have gotten his permission to use his music,“Battle of the Heroes and Duel of the Fates” in my case for the same scene, although I haven’t attempted to put it in yet.

Very good job on the video. The music works really well in some places, but doesn’t feel right in other places.

Author
Time

joshuabri said:

I will second this. I too have gotten his permission to use his music,“Battle of the Heroes and Duel of the Fates” in my case for the same scene, although I haven’t attempted to put it in yet.

I’m still having trouble navigating this site but if you ever upload that scene with Samuels score please let me know. I did a very tight edit on that scene so the music queues were off.

Check out - http://www.youtube.com/moviesremastered