Sign In

Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Redux Ideas thread — Page 186

Author
Time

I think Chase Adams did that excellent clip for the Nihilus statue pages ago.

Author
Time

It is a new shot. But me and another user, Ed Slushie, couldn’t find the original footage without the text in the screen.

Author
Time

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned, but has anyone toyed with having Poe’s speech before the final battle be broadcasted across the galaxy? It’s the only time we see Poe in a leadership position and it’d be great if that was what turned the tide. If anything, it would better justify lightspeed-skipping, as it would explain how Lando got around and recruited so many ships so fast.

Another way I thought of incorporating this idea would be to have the different ships of the cavalry parroting lines from Poe’s speech as they take down the Star Destroyers, though that depends on whether everyone on this sight wants to record fighter pilot dialogue again.

Author
Time

Have you ever made the Darth Nihilus statue shot available, Chase?

“The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.”
-Sheev Palpatine, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (2005)

Author
Time

For those why want to keep in the Force Dyad, is there anyway to make Kylo bring up the Rule of Two? I liked how the novelizaition said that the Sith Rule was an attempt to force a Dyad into existance.

Author
Time

Something I was thinking about adding - would there be some way to depict the Sith Destroyers beginning to leave Exegol? It would add some decent tension to the sequence (“Guys, it’s starting! We’re out of time!”) and it would help to establish how so many Destroyers have already traveled to other planets for the ending montage, when the whole battle is framed around the idea that “We have to stop them before they leave.” (Except for the one ship that blows up Kijimi.)

It could be easily done by recording a new line of dialogue from a random Resistance pilot somewhere - “Did you see that? Two of them just jumped into hyperspace!” - but I wonder if there’s some way of repurposing footage to depict it visually?

Author
Time

sherlockpotter said:

Something I was thinking about adding - would there be some way to depict the Sith Destroyers beginning to leave Exegol? It would add some decent tension to the sequence (“Guys, it’s starting! We’re out of time!”) and it would help to establish how so many Destroyers have already traveled to other planets for the ending montage, when the whole battle is framed around the idea that “We have to stop them before they leave.” (Except for the one ship that blows up Kijimi.)

It could be easily done by recording a new line of dialogue from a random Resistance pilot somewhere - “Did you see that? Two of them just jumped into hyperspace!” - but I wonder if there’s some way of repurposing footage to depict it visually?

I am also using this idea in my own fan edit/fan film. The Idea is that Palpatine reorganizes The First Order into The Final Order, under General Pryde as leader of the entire fleet. This would work best probably by using The Fortnite broadcast message while ships are being deployed across the galaxy, while Poe and the Resistance are listening.

This is my Rough Cut- https://streamable.com/adrmda I know it’s very poor but it gets the concept of the scene.

#TROSFAN

Author
Time

Jar Jar Bricks said:

The ships that are destroyed in the planetary sequence are First Order ones.

Nah, doesn’t Palps tell Pryde to join up with the Sith Fleet? I took that to mean that they incorporated all of the First Order assets into the Sith Fleet and they all became one huge force.

Dude, are you telling me that the central conflict they had been building up for two and a half films (the First Order) was resolved off-screen by a bunch of unknown people whom we never meet? While our protagonists were dicking around with a random side mission?

God, I hate this film.

Author
Time

sherlockpotter said:

Dude, are you telling me that the central conflict they had been building up for two and a half films (the First Order) was resolved off-screen by a bunch of unknown people whom we never meet? While our protagonists were dicking around with a random side mission?

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently.

Author
Time

Darth Raditz said:

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned, but has anyone toyed with having Poe’s speech before the final battle be broadcasted across the galaxy?

I tried using Lando’s message from the Star Tours Disneyland ride for this purpose: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dHO9Ox2T94RPV_iC_lO1I4FeW0xOL3Cx/view?usp=sharing

Unfortunately there wasn’t a really good source without lots of chatter from riders, so this is as good as I could get it.

Author
Time

axlanian said:

Darth Raditz said:

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned, but has anyone toyed with having Poe’s speech before the final battle be broadcasted across the galaxy?

I tried using Lando’s message from the Star Tours Disneyland ride for this purpose: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dHO9Ox2T94RPV_iC_lO1I4FeW0xOL3Cx/view?usp=sharing

Unfortunately there wasn’t a really good source without lots of chatter from riders, so this is as good as I could get it.

I’m not sure if u saw my post. I found a better source of it on YouTube that has the least amount of interruptions. Hope this helps. I would love to try and incorporate some footage of this into an edit

Author
Time

sherlockpotter said:

Jar Jar Bricks said:

The ships that are destroyed in the planetary sequence are First Order ones.

Nah, doesn’t Palps tell Pryde to join up with the Sith Fleet? I took that to mean that they incorporated all of the First Order assets into the Sith Fleet and they all became one huge force.

Dude, are you telling me that the central conflict they had been building up for two and a half films (the First Order) was resolved off-screen by a bunch of unknown people whom we never meet? While our protagonists were dicking around with a random side mission?

God, I hate this film.

Why would they move all their assets directly on exegol? That just sounds illogical. It’s not so different that in RotJ, the entire imperial fleet was not all present at the battle of Endor. I don’t think it’s that hard to imagine that a sizeable portion of the first order fleet is regrouped on exegol while the remaining ships scattered across the galaxy remained in place.

So no, it’s not a side mission persay. While in TrOS there’s many things that are nonsensical, I just don’t see this as a reason and if at all, one of the major ones.

Author
Time

jadenkorr41 said:

axlanian said:

Darth Raditz said:

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned, but has anyone toyed with having Poe’s speech before the final battle be broadcasted across the galaxy?

I tried using Lando’s message from the Star Tours Disneyland ride for this purpose: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dHO9Ox2T94RPV_iC_lO1I4FeW0xOL3Cx/view?usp=sharing

Unfortunately there wasn’t a really good source without lots of chatter from riders, so this is as good as I could get it.

I’m not sure if u saw my post. I found a better source of it on YouTube that has the least amount of interruptions. Hope this helps. I would love to try and incorporate some footage of this into an edit

Yeah I definitely missed that lol

Thanks for the link! I’ll see what I can do with this during the weekend

Author
Time

Yeah I definitely missed that lol

Thanks for the link! I’ll see what I can do with this during the weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNA64iKRFB0

Here’s the link. I forgot to paste it in my previous message lol.

I’m envisioning palpatine’s broadcast which we see a montage of star destroyers arriving at different planets and then lando’s message/broadcast, which we see a montage of ppl gearing up/arming up to prepare to meet on exegol.

Author
Time

jadenkorr41 said:

sherlockpotter said:

Jar Jar Bricks said:

The ships that are destroyed in the planetary sequence are First Order ones.

Nah, doesn’t Palps tell Pryde to join up with the Sith Fleet? I took that to mean that they incorporated all of the First Order assets into the Sith Fleet and they all became one huge force.

Dude, are you telling me that the central conflict they had been building up for two and a half films (the First Order) was resolved off-screen by a bunch of unknown people whom we never meet? While our protagonists were dicking around with a random side mission?

God, I hate this film.

Why would they move all their assets directly on exegol? That just sounds illogical. It’s not so different that in RotJ, the entire imperial fleet was not all present at the battle of Endor. I don’t think it’s that hard to imagine that a sizeable portion of the first order fleet is regrouped on exegol while the remaining ships scattered across the galaxy remained in place.

So no, it’s not a side mission persay. While in TrOS there’s many things that are nonsensical, I just don’t see this as a reason and if at all, one of the major ones.

You’re right in that it makes sense mechanically - that there could still be First Order ships elsewhere in the galaxy. My point is that I don’t think it’s very satisfying narratively. You have two and a half movies building up the First Order as the primary antagonists, led by Kylo Ren and General Hux; and then the finale isn’t about stopping them - it’s about stopping Palpatine (who was just retconned back into existence for this one film) and his fleet of ships, the command of which was given to General Pryde (a new character introduced in this film). From a story perspective, there’s no buildup to Palpatine, Pryde, or the Sith Fleet, and therefore neither the characters nor the audience have any emotional investment in the battle.

Maybe that’s why, in my head, I tried to recontextualize the final battle so that it did involve the First Order again. Which brings me back to my original point that if the First Order has set up on Exegol, I’d also like to establish that the Star Destroyers are starting to launch.

Author
Time

Nindroid243 said:

sherlockpotter said:

Something I was thinking about adding - would there be some way to depict the Sith Destroyers beginning to leave Exegol? It would add some decent tension to the sequence (“Guys, it’s starting! We’re out of time!”) and it would help to establish how so many Destroyers have already traveled to other planets for the ending montage, when the whole battle is framed around the idea that “We have to stop them before they leave.” (Except for the one ship that blows up Kijimi.)

It could be easily done by recording a new line of dialogue from a random Resistance pilot somewhere - “Did you see that? Two of them just jumped into hyperspace!” - but I wonder if there’s some way of repurposing footage to depict it visually?

I am also using this idea in my own fan edit/fan film. The Idea is that Palpatine reorganizes The First Order into The Final Order, under General Pryde as leader of the entire fleet. This would work best probably by using The Fortnite broadcast message while ships are being deployed across the galaxy, while Poe and the Resistance are listening.

This is my Rough Cut- https://streamable.com/adrmda I know it’s very poor but it gets the concept of the scene.

Ha! I also wanted to pair Palpatine’s speech with the “Anthem of Evil” music! I like what you’re going for here with all of the ships invading the galaxy. Redubbing all of the dialogue would probably be a challenge, but I’d be interested in seeing how it could all come together! Maybe skipping the stuff with Poe and Merry in the beginning, and just starting from Rose’s “Listen, there’s a broadcast coming through”?

Author
Time

sherlockpotter said:

Nindroid243 said:

sherlockpotter said:

Something I was thinking about adding - would there be some way to depict the Sith Destroyers beginning to leave Exegol? It would add some decent tension to the sequence (“Guys, it’s starting! We’re out of time!”) and it would help to establish how so many Destroyers have already traveled to other planets for the ending montage, when the whole battle is framed around the idea that “We have to stop them before they leave.” (Except for the one ship that blows up Kijimi.)

It could be easily done by recording a new line of dialogue from a random Resistance pilot somewhere - “Did you see that? Two of them just jumped into hyperspace!” - but I wonder if there’s some way of repurposing footage to depict it visually?

I am also using this idea in my own fan edit/fan film. The Idea is that Palpatine reorganizes The First Order into The Final Order, under General Pryde as leader of the entire fleet. This would work best probably by using The Fortnite broadcast message while ships are being deployed across the galaxy, while Poe and the Resistance are listening.

This is my Rough Cut- https://streamable.com/adrmda I know it’s very poor but it gets the concept of the scene.

Ha! I also wanted to pair Palpatine’s speech with the “Anthem of Evil” music! I like what you’re going for here with all of the ships invading the galaxy. Redubbing all of the dialogue would probably be a challenge, but I’d be interested in seeing how it could all come together! Maybe skipping the stuff with Poe and Merry in the beginning, and just starting from Rose’s “Listen, there’s a broadcast coming through”?

Yeah probably

#TROSFAN

Author
Time
 (Edited)

sherlockpotter said:

jadenkorr41 said:

sherlockpotter said:

Jar Jar Bricks said:

The ships that are destroyed in the planetary sequence are First Order ones.

Nah, doesn’t Palps tell Pryde to join up with the Sith Fleet? I took that to mean that they incorporated all of the First Order assets into the Sith Fleet and they all became one huge force.

Dude, are you telling me that the central conflict they had been building up for two and a half films (the First Order) was resolved off-screen by a bunch of unknown people whom we never meet? While our protagonists were dicking around with a random side mission?

God, I hate this film.

Why would they move all their assets directly on exegol? That just sounds illogical. It’s not so different that in RotJ, the entire imperial fleet was not all present at the battle of Endor. I don’t think it’s that hard to imagine that a sizeable portion of the first order fleet is regrouped on exegol while the remaining ships scattered across the galaxy remained in place.

So no, it’s not a side mission persay. While in TrOS there’s many things that are nonsensical, I just don’t see this as a reason and if at all, one of the major ones.

You’re right in that it makes sense mechanically - that there could still be First Order ships elsewhere in the galaxy. My point is that I don’t think it’s very satisfying narratively. You have two and a half movies building up the First Order as the primary antagonists, led by Kylo Ren and General Hux; and then the finale isn’t about stopping them - it’s about stopping Palpatine (who was just retconned back into existence for this one film) and his fleet of ships, the command of which was given to General Pryde (a new character introduced in this film). From a story perspective, there’s no buildup to Palpatine, Pryde, or the Sith Fleet, and therefore neither the characters nor the audience have any emotional investment in the battle.

Maybe that’s why, in my head, I tried to recontextualize the final battle so that it did involve the First Order again. Which brings me back to my original point that if the First Order has set up on Exegol, I’d also like to establish that the Star Destroyers are starting to launch.

It’s definitely the case where the big climax of the movie only dealt with the new threat that was introduced in this movie, so the conflict of the previous movies is resolved as an epilogue with Finn’s line “people are rising up all over the galaxy” and the following montage. But to be fair, they do suggest early on that the First Order is struggling to maintain a foothold and they would dwindle on their own, so the main struggle now becomes stopping Palpatine from joining the First and Final Order. Once that’s accomplished and dealt with taking care of the remaining First Order forces spread thin across the galaxy is just the cherry on top.

Even if they might just be “nerfing” the First Order to prop up Palpatine’s forces, I think it pairs well with the ending of TLJ, which was pretty hopeful despite all the preceding tragedies. Specially with the edits on Hal’s Ascendant, which better emphasize the struggles of the the First Order and directly link them to Luke’s actions in TLJ as the spark of hope that ignited flames of rebellion.