Sign In

Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Redux Ideas thread — Page 184

Author
Time

Anakin Starkiller said:

Strongly disagree with all of that.

I’m working on a quick edit to show my idea, but on paper, I can see how it doesn’t work. Are you happy with Luke’s Death in ‘Last Jedi’?

Author
Time

Yes I am. Obviously our differing opinions aren’t gonna be reconcilable within the same cut. Not only am I satisfied with Luke’s death, but I really love Kylo seeing Han as nothing more than a memory in his head. In fact, I’m not too clear why Leia dies for it to happen. Or was she dying for Rey to heal Kylo?

Author
Time

Anakin Starkiller said:

Yes I am. Obviously our differing opinions aren’t gonna be reconcilable within the same cut. Not only am I satisfied with Luke’s death, but I really love Kylo seeing Han as nothing more than a memory in his head. In fact, I’m not too clear why Leia dies for it to happen. Or was she dying for Rey to heal Kylo?

The REAL reason she was dying was because they had no more Carrie Fisher footage and they had to do something to force her death and this was their choice. I always assumed the strength she took to reach out to him and interrupt him mid-fight was beyond her normal capabilities. May have been that she helped in the healing as well on top of that, but either way it feels forced. At some point the light side of the force, his death, and Leia together were able to bring him back to the light side. The talk with Han was the representation of him coming back.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Here is a 5 minute clip of Luke and Leia dying together. Mods if this is too long of a clip, let me know.

This is strictly an experiment, an idea I came up with last night. Never liked the way Luke dies in ‘Last Jedi’ and never liked the Idea of Han showing up, normally this is reserved for a force ghost. What if Luke and Leia were able to bring Han back in Kylo’s mind, in otherwords, overwhelm him with the light side of the force. They sacrifice their own lives, Leia for her son, Luke to redeem his mistakes that were made with his nephew. Editorially thinking, the moment Leia rubs the medallion, it allows us to bring in Luke for a pretty decent link.

https://mega.nz/file/t1wEDYzZ#z7nKyusOt76ZKD00j4x1_X2S7UzInQcx_UFuUUhu8Xw

Again, just ideas in action. I plan to do Mandalorian type episodes with the sequel trilogy and I may try and use this. But wanted to throw it out as it is an idea and execution I have not seen before. Curios if anyone else likes it.

Author
Time

jrs81 said:

The REAL reason she was dying was because they had no more Carrie Fisher footage and they had to do something to force her death and this was their choice. I always assumed the strength she took to reach out to him and interrupt him mid-fight was beyond her normal capabilities. May have been that she helped in the healing as well on top of that, but either way it feels forced. At some point the light side of the force, his death, and Leia together were able to bring him back to the light side. The talk with Han was the representation of him coming back.

  1. “You’re not doing this, the effort would kill you.”

  2. She got shot into space, dude. That’ll do a number on the ol’ internals, no matter how force-y you are. Her days were numbered.

  3. The other two carked it in the two previous films, it seemed inevitable that she would in this one, too.

Star Wars: The Last Skywalker Awakens (a sequel trilogy mega-edit)

Author
Time

Someone had recreated Sebastian Shaw from an image of Tobey Maguire. I decided to put together a gallery myself to possibly help jonh with a new Force ghost sequence.

https://imgur.com/gallery/oukgjQa

The name’s Lawson. Noah Lawson.

Author
Time

Master Lawdog said:

Someone had recreated Sebastian Shaw from an image of Tobey Maguire. I decided to put together a gallery myself to possibly help jonh with a new Force ghost sequence.

https://imgur.com/gallery/oukgjQa

Hmmmm, I think it could work (although he looks kind of odd in some of the pictures)

But we should only use pictures where Tobey’s hairstyle resembles the one that Sebastian had in ROTJ (and also where Tobey’s beard is pretty much non-existent), mostly because FaceApp tries to merge both hairstyles and you might end up with an “emo” Sebastian Shaw

Author
Time

ELAYEM said:

Master Lawdog said:

Someone had recreated Sebastian Shaw from an image of Tobey Maguire. I decided to put together a gallery myself to possibly help jonh with a new Force ghost sequence.

https://imgur.com/gallery/oukgjQa

Hmmmm, I think it could work (although he looks kind of odd in some of the pictures)

But we should only use pictures where Tobey’s hairstyle resembles the one that Sebastian had in ROTJ (and also where Tobey’s beard is pretty much non-existent), mostly because FaceApp tries to merge both hairstyles and you might end up with an “emo” Sebastian Shaw

That is true. I at least tried my best.

The name’s Lawson. Noah Lawson.

Author
Time

Is there any way to remove Palpatine wanting to transfer his spirit into Rey and make healing himself with dyad his plan from the get-go?

Author
Time

Jar Jar Bricks said:

The best place to start would be isolating the trailer dialog of Palpatine: “And now your coming together is your undoing.”

If anyone here wants to now how to do that, try using Acapella Extractor. It’s free online.

The name’s Lawson. Noah Lawson.

Author
Time

See the thing is the way the climax is structured I can’t figure out a way to pull off the scene where Rey passes Ben the lightsaber without the ritual. The scene is built around the tension of Rey killing Palpatine to fulfill his plan (not that it ever seemed like it was actually gonna happen, but regardless there’s a sense she is actually in danger). Without the ritual, you just have Rey awkwardly standing there when she could attack Palpatine at any moment. I guess if one could frame this as reluctance to start the inevitable fight based on the fear Palpatine will be strong for her, maybe it could work.

Author
Time

I believe your looking for the script rewriting section. This thread is solely for edits of the actual movie.

Author
Time

Anakin Starkiller said:

I believe your looking for the script rewriting section. This thread is solely for edits of the actual movie.

oh… I’m sorry I’m very thrown off by the different topics seeming so similar to my eyes. I would move this if I knew how to delete it.

Author
Time

You can’t delete post but what you can do is edit them. Just click on edit, then remove all the text and type [Redacted] in its place. The post the text that was there in the appropriate rewriting thread.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I just saw this, it’s pretty wack lol, but a cool concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHE7vuzn8ws

I want to see someone try this again and try to make a more cohesive edit with better choices in voice lines and less fan editing showing through because there’s a lot of potential here. Has anyone else tried an edit like this in this scene, besides this?

Because it shows that it’s easy to replace Han with someone else with pretty simple editing, so I wonder what someone with better skill and hardware could do with this concept.

I’m also curious how it’d would sound if you used better voice clips because these ones are not the best choices :v (there’s so much Anakin content it can’t be that hard, why use BF2 clips only?)

Maybe I’ll give it a try myself but I’m brand new at this kind of thing, and sifting through every episode of the Clone Wars, episodes 2 and 3, etc. for voice lines for this concept would be a lot of work, but it could be worth it, I guess :v

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I’ve done it in novel format, if that’s of any help. Obviously this is more for ideas than anything:

"Ben,” came a young man’s voice from behind him. He turned.
The young man had long, curly hair and a slight grin on his face. His entire person was partially transparent, gleaming with a blue light, and adorned in the robes of a Jedi.
“I’ve been wanting to speak with you,” he said.
Kylo blinked. He could hardly believe his eyes. “Grandfather?”
His smile grew wider. “Yes,” he said, striding toward him. “In my true form. Not the lie Palpatine wanted you to see.”
“You’re just a manifestation of Vader’s failure,” Kylo said.
“No,” Anakin said, his eyes full of compassion. “Vader was my greatest failure.”
Kylo looked away from his eyes, gripping the snippet in his hand even tighter. Snoke had told him that Vader had suffered a moment of weakness when he chose to save his son over power. Another lie, it seemed.
“What’s that in your hand?” Anakin asked.
Kylo had a feeling he already knew what it was. He opened his hand anyway, revealing the small trinket in his palm. Its leather strap was looped loosely around his gloved fingers.
“I made that, you know,” Anakin said, reminiscing. “A gift for your grandmother. Before I took her life in my lust for power…”
“I’m being torn apart,” he muttered. “I want to be free of this pain.”
“Ben,” Anakin said, his face suddenly grave. “If I had only been selflessly devoted to those I loved, I would have avoided a lifetime of pain.”
“It’s too late.” It was something the voices in his head had always said. It’s too late for you. They’ll never take you back. But this time it was true, because: “She’s already gone. He’s gone.”
“Your parents are gone. But Rey isn’t. Finish what I truly started. Save the one you love.”
He stared at his grandfather, afraid to believe his words. Afraid of what he was feeling. Domination was all Kylo Ren understood.
“I know what I have to do,” Kylo admitted, his voice tremulous. “But I don’t know if I have the strength to do it.”
“I believe in you,” Anakin said. “And your father would, too.”
Kylo Ren turned, and launched his lightsaber into the air. It sailed in a high arc, far above the wreckage, and disappeared into a haze of ocean spray.
Ben Solo turned back around, and the ghost of Anakin Skywalker was gone. He was alone in the middle of the sea.
For the first time in more than a decade, Ben’s mind was clear. No longer did he desire conquest, only love. To give it to others and receive it. He stuffed the japor snippet back into his pocket.

Tragedy of Vader - A Novelization of The Rise of Skywalker