This is the story of one man taking over the Galaxy and those who fought against him. It’s a trilogy of trilogies. A nine part epic.
In theory, this will be my definitive go-to Star Wars experience. I have an in-depth changelist, but to keep things simple, let’s focus on the broad points:
- Count Dooku serves as the PT’s over-arching antagonist, equivalent to Vader and Kylo. This will be accomplished through his inclusion in TPM, having already left the Jedi and started working with what would become the CIS. He will be taking over much of Sidious’s role for that film.
- Less creepy Anakin in AotC.
- Cuts will likely be made to speed up the drowsy middle section of RotS on Coruscant.
- Less creepy Han in TESB.
- I may skip the droids’ arrival at Jabba’s Palace to speed up RotJ’s sluggish first act.
- Leia isn’t a Skywalker. This unfortunately means Kylo is no longer Vader’s grandson, but I think the story can work just fine without it, as he’s still a Vader fanboy, relative or not. Leia also never trains as a Jedi as a result, but being the mother of Ben, there’s nothing wrong with her learning a few Force tricks here or there. Since she never had a lightsaber, Qui-Gon’s will take its place in TRoS.
- Death Star II and Exegol climaxes both moved to Coruscant. The former is at the top of the Jedi Temple while the latter is at the bottom of the Sith Temple beneath it, as conceptualized by George Lucas and his team for The Clone Wars.*
- Palpatine survives his fall in RotJ. The version in TRoS is explicitly his original body. None of that cheesy cloning nonsense or leaving it ambiguous.
- Less comedic antics in the ST. It shouldn’t feel like I’m watching a parody.
- Starkiller Base is just that: a base. It’s not an equator-spanning planet-destroying superweapon. The Senate is destroyed by a dreadnought instead.
- TFA ends with Rey and Chewie leaving the Resistance base to imply a time skip between it and TLJ (who knows how long they scoured that chunk of the map for the planet he was on? or perhaps how long they searched that planet for his island).
- Ffs Finn could you talk about something other than Rey for five minutes?
- Planets in the ST will be altered to be more visually iconic. Ajan Kloss is now Teth, hence this edit series’s tentative name (the alternative would be The Palpatine Saga). I’m looking to integrate Christophsis in some minor capacity, perhaps in place of D’Qar or more modestly as a cameo during the lightspeed skipping or victory montage.* Pasaana will be a tropical island world like Scarif.* Gonna give Takodana lakes of orange juice.
- In the complete opposite direction, Jakku is now Tatooine. It just makes more thematic and pragmatic sense.
- Kylo’s search for Palpatine occurs in TLJ.
- Rey isn’t a Palpatine, obviously. That would be dumb, wouldn’t it?
- The Knights of Ren get lightsabers.***
- Yub Nub is reinstated for RotJ in order to move Victory Celebration to this Saga’s definitive end in TRoS.
- I very well might recolor blaster bolts and lightsaber blades for a more consistent blue=good red=bad. Green represents balance. The only people with green sabers are Qui-Gon (rebellious Jedi and iconography), Luke (reformist Jedi and iconography), Kit Fisto (matches his skin and I think he’s cool), and Yoda (for iconography reasons and because it matches his skin). All the other Jedi would have blue blades. The Rebel troopers would also shoot blue blasters.**
- A bunch of miscellaneous existing changes mixed and matched from other sources (ex: Lapti Nek, Jonh’s Force Ghosts).
- A few scenes are rescored.
- A general emphasis on continuity, even if it means altering the OT. Nothing is sacred.
*Very technically demanding changes so don’t hold your breath. They might not be feasible.
**Very time consuming changes so don’t hold your breath. Also would completely shatter any semblance of compatibility with other canon material (ex: The Clone Wars).
***Somewhere in between the other two.