Sign In

Star Wars: Rogue One - * Non Spoiler Discussion Thread * — Page 43

Author
Time

flametitan said:

So I looked at my local theatre’s showings for Rogue One. No, they’re not showing Rogue One until January. Instead they’re going to show trollz this weekend. So now I have to get to the next nearest theatre instead (a good 45 minute drive for someone without a vehicle).

Oh joy.

Is it a single screen theater? Because that seems like a bad business decision otherwise.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

Maybe it’s much cheaper for them to show Rogue One as a second-run film, which they figure people will still pay to see in January?

Author
Time

The three-screen independent theater in the town where I went to college was going to show RotS until they found out how big of a cut GL wanted from the box office.

Even in their largest aud, which was pretty big and had a lot of seats, they would’ve needed to sell out every showing for a couple months just to turn a profit. They did show Crystal Skull there though, so maybe things broke down differently with Paramount.

There was a regal only six miles away where I ended up seeing it (my first midnight opening). It’s still there now. The independent theater, however, closed last year only a month or two before TFA was released.

I know they were one of the only two-hundred or so theaters in the U.S. showing Interstellar in 35mm, so at least they had a last hurrah.

Author
Time

Twelve hours to go. Saw a couple of “X character is/isn’t in the movie” spoilers this morning, but I’m still more or less completely in the dark about what actually happens in the film. I think I’m going to stay off the internet before I see something more substantial. See you guys on the other side.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

SilverWook said:

flametitan said:

So I looked at my local theatre’s showings for Rogue One. No, they’re not showing Rogue One until January. Instead they’re going to show trollz this weekend. So now I have to get to the next nearest theatre instead (a good 45 minute drive for someone without a vehicle).

Oh joy.

Is it a single screen theater? Because that seems like a bad business decision otherwise.

Single screen, yeah. Though sometimes it seems like they’re able to at least advertise having two different films at one time (at different showings, of course)

Specifically, they’re not showing Rogue One because they’re showing Trolls, Allied, and Bad Santa 2 all for the next week.

Author
Time

We’ve got ours booked for Saturday morning, so far I haven’t ran into any spoilers thank god.

FINISHED Projects: Chronologically LOST HD

Youtube Profile

Author
Time

I’m currently racing to try and finish Catalyst before tonight.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Stepping softly in a danger zone…

Author
Time

flametitan said:

SilverWook said:

flametitan said:

So I looked at my local theatre’s showings for Rogue One. No, they’re not showing Rogue One until January. Instead they’re going to show trollz this weekend. So now I have to get to the next nearest theatre instead (a good 45 minute drive for someone without a vehicle).

Oh joy.

Is it a single screen theater? Because that seems like a bad business decision otherwise.

Single screen, yeah. Though sometimes it seems like they’re able to at least advertise having two different films at one time (at different showings, of course)

Specifically, they’re not showing Rogue One because they’re showing Trolls, Allied, and Bad Santa 2 all for the next week.

Bad Santa 2 tanked so hard, the studio should be paying them to run it. 😉

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

Just over two hours until I see this. It’s probably closer to two and a half since there’s bound to be a boatload of trailers.

Overall I feel way less spoiled going into this than I did for TFA, which is ironic since I feel like they’ve shown more clips (TFA only released one single clip if I’m not mistaken) and shown more in trailers and tv spots than they did for TFA.

Author
Time

Finally seeing the movie today, can’t wait!

Also, I finished Catalyst. It was good, but I need to wait until after the movie to decide whether or not to include it (and the movie) in my personal canon timeline.

.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Exactly 24 hours until I see Rogue One. Just have to avoid spoilers until then…

JEDIT: Does it annoy anyone else on this forum when the markdown abbreviates 4-dot ellipsis into 3? I guess you could manually insert a space into it . . . .

What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. Come, lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy.
Episode 9 Rewrite THE SHATTERED SWORD (Complete!)
The Force Awakens Restructured (V3 Released!) and The Starlight Project (WORKPRINT RELEASED!)

Author
Time

NeverarGreat said:

Exactly 24 hours until I see Rogue One. Just have to avoid spoilers until then…

JEDIT: Does it annoy anyone else on this forum when the markdown abbreviates 4-dot ellipsis into 3? I guess you could manually insert a space into it . . . .

Well, the correct way to enter an ellipses according to most style guides is with a full-width space between each period, so this seems an excellent solution. . . .

When doing a four-dot ellipses, the first one acts as the period for the sentence and should not be preceded by a space. It should look as above.

TV’s Frink said:

I would put this in my sig if I weren’t so lazy.

Author
Time

DominicCobb said:

Why would anyone want to do a four dot ellipsis. . . .

For English reasons!

Keep Circulating the Tapes.

END OF LINE

(It hasn’t happened yet)

Author
Time

DominicCobb said:

Why would anyone want to do a four dot ellipsis. . . .

Grammatically speaking, you should use a four dot at the end of a sentence. Technically, the first dot is a period, and the next three are the ellipse. I’m the middle of a sentence or after a fragment . . . only three are necessary. . . .

TV’s Frink said:

I would put this in my sig if I weren’t so lazy.

Author
Time

DominicCobb said:

Why would anyone want to do a four dot ellipsis. . . .

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Stepping softly in a danger zone…

Author
Time

Someone send Tobar to the missed the joke thread.

Author
Time

I have just seen this, easily the best star wars film since the OT. Yes some dodgy jokes, too many characters, vader’s castle but at last a proper prequel that actually felt like a Star Wars film.