Sign In

Star Wars: REBORN - The Complete Saga — Page 20

Author
Time

InfoDroid said:

I've learned the trick is to wait until you've FINISHED an edit before you start the thread...  LOL! 

FINISHED FINISHED...or finished, but willing to implement post-"finished" suggestions? :p It's really fun for people to see the progress and offer things that might help. Sure, it's a shame if it doesn't actually get done (and we all mourn your situation with Crystal Skull, of course), but oh well.

I've been surpremely enjoying following the progress of "Doc Savage: Detarnished". People need to check that out.

My crazy vinyl LP blog

My dumberer blog

My Retro blog

Author
Time

bobgarcia74 said:

I think I'll finish it before I post a thread. LoL

=)

 

 

Author
Time

Ripplin said:

InfoDroid said:

I've learned the trick is to wait until you've FINISHED an edit before you start the thread...  LOL! 

FINISHED FINISHED...or finished, but willing to implement post-"finished" suggestions? :p It's really fun for people to see the progress and offer things that might help. Sure, it's a shame if it doesn't actually get done (and we all mourn your situation with Crystal Skull, of course), but oh well.

I've been surpremely enjoying following the progress of "Doc Savage: Detarnished". People need to check that out.

Oh, I love the suggestions.  Definitely.  I just hate being the king of great but unfinished projects.  LOL!   

Author
Time

Maybe one day they will end up posting all of the dialogue from the prequels on the Star Wars soundboards.  :)

"You were so preoccupied with whether or not you could...you never stopped to think if you should." - Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Author
Time

Yay! I thought......nay....:(

You can never go home again, but i guess you can shop there.

Author
Time

Sorry... Just like to come here and... Well, mourn.

 

 

Author
Time

funnily enough (or not) I utubed Infodroid yesterday cos i couldnt remember the name of this project and watched the trailers again they're awesome... if asteroid-man is still working on his renascent it will be exciting :)

You can never go home again, but i guess you can shop there.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Some threads need to be taken off of life-support and let die a dignified death.

Author
Time

Sluggo said:

Some threads need to be taken off of life-support and let die a dignified death.

I suppose you're right.

 

 

Author
Time
 (Edited)

It would seem my habit of stumbling upon great posts too late has caught up with me again. I was extremely thrilled to see the youtube trailers, only to have my hopes shattered a few pages further ahead. (No offence InfoDroid). Not to sound too harsh about A-Man's editing skills, but is there a way maybe for Adywan to breathe new life into the Reborn project?

Since InfoDroid was excited about using Ady's Revisited footage, it makes all the more sense for the source to finish the job, no? Seeing how extremely talented Adywan is, I'm sure a project like Reborn should take far less time than say for example ESB:R (since it wouldn't take new input, budgets, etc..).

OT Forum; FanEdit.org: Radi0n FanEdit Forum: Kal-El
tehPARADOX Galen_Marek_True_Jedi (I know... don't ask)
My Man of Tomorrow (Superman Returns) Fan Edit (FanEdit forum link)

THE ICE CREAM WARS


Author
Time

Time is a resource just like any other.

By taking time out to do a project like this it would take a busy chap like Adywan away from his other work and he is a perfectionist so if he were to do it he would want to edit from materials he was happy with which would probably mean waiting for the OT:R and PT:R being finished (many years from now).

That's why it makes more sense for other people to attempt it.

Like everyone on here I too feel the disappointment that this project was abandoned but hopefully the idea will be salvaged by A-Man and hopefully others too as new materials become available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Dp2OfIT_M

Author
Time

Radi0n said:

It would seem my habit of stumbling upon great posts too late has caught up with me again. I was extremely thrilled to see the youtube trailers, only to have my hopes shattered a few pages further ahead. (No offence InfoDroid). Not to sound too harsh about A-Man's editing skills, but is there a way maybe for Adywan to breathe new life into the Reborn project?

Since InfoDroid was excited about using Ady's Revisited footage, it makes all the more sense for the source to finish the job, no? Seeing how extremely talented Adywan is, I'm sure a project like Reborn should take far less time than say for example ESB:R (since it wouldn't take new input, budgets, etc..).

I was just like you when I discovered this thread. I myself have attempted this edit (several times)... It's one that is very hard to get right.

But who knows... Maybe one day ID and TJ will find new energy and try to tackle this again.  They were the founders of this style edit, and IMO had the strongest ideas, so I keep hoping.

 

 

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Bingowings said:

Time is a resource just like any other.

By taking time out to do a project like this it would take a busy chap like Adywan away from his other work and he is a perfectionist so if he were to do it he would want to edit from materials he was happy with which would probably mean waiting for the OT:R and PT:R being finished (many years from now).

So wait, what?! He's going to revisit the PT as well?!
Well that's a first... I never saw this being mentioned anywhere.
If OT:R takes this much time, how will he possibly hope to fix the mess that is PT?

mrbenja0618 said:

But who knows... Maybe one day ID and TJ will find new energy and try to tackle this again.  They were the founders of this style edit, and IMO had the strongest ideas, so I keep hoping.

I was thinking the exact same thing! :)

OT Forum; FanEdit.org: Radi0n FanEdit Forum: Kal-El
tehPARADOX Galen_Marek_True_Jedi (I know... don't ask)
My Man of Tomorrow (Superman Returns) Fan Edit (FanEdit forum link)

THE ICE CREAM WARS


Author
Time

Adywan said he intended on doing the whole saga quite early on (I hope he doesn't burn himself out though I'd rather have a fully functioning Adywan in the world than another Revisited project no matter how good it may be).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Dp2OfIT_M

Author
Time

Wow, and to think I overlooked this the entire time.

I agree though Bingowings, rather have an energetic Adywan feeling better than ever, tackling some random film, instead of going down under on a nightmarish project like the PT.

OT Forum; FanEdit.org: Radi0n FanEdit Forum: Kal-El
tehPARADOX Galen_Marek_True_Jedi (I know... don't ask)
My Man of Tomorrow (Superman Returns) Fan Edit (FanEdit forum link)

THE ICE CREAM WARS


Author
Time

Bingowings said:

Adywan said he intended on doing the whole saga quite early on (I hope he doesn't burn himself out though I'd rather have a fully functioning Adywan in the world than another Revisited project no matter how good it may be).

I agree and if he never gets around to doing those awful prequels so much the better.  I would rather watch his version of the original trilogy when finished.

“Always loved Vader’s wordless self sacrifice. Another shitty, clueless, revision like Greedo and young Anakin’s ghost. What a fucking shame.” -Simon Pegg.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Don't get me wrong, I really want to see his take on the PT too (if anything they need working over much more than the OT).

It's a much broader canvas to play on and it's less sacred ground even if it's royally screwed up.

It presents so many challenges but it also presents opportunities.

George may have done us (not the majority of Star Wars fans but us in particular) a bit of a favour by screwing up his own film series.

Where would we all be without it?

Not here because here would not be here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Dp2OfIT_M

Author
Time

So, that Reborn idea was pretty amazing.

 

Sorry, it's just that if we're going to talk in here, let it be about this! =)