Sign In

Star Wars Prequels 35mm 4K Filmized Editions by Emanswfan — Page 37

Author
Time

Well, I guess I’ll have to buy a 4K TV just to watch these. Fantastic job!

It was the 2016 election…I regret this name choice

Author
Time

disclaimer said:

http://www.framecompare.com/image-compare/screenshotcomparison/9B2MMNNU

There’s gotta be something wrong with the UHD conversion because it’s way oversaturated.

What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. Come, lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy.
Episode 9 Rewrite THE SHATTERED SWORD (Complete!)
The Force Awakens Restructured (V3 Released!) and The Starlight Project (WORKPRINT RELEASED!)

Author
Time

This has been discussed elsewhere on the board but it does have to do with coming from the original HDR, it shouldn’t look like that (though the filmized would still be even less saturated).

“The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.” - DV

Author
Time

Here’s some test footage from TPM.

https://mega.nz/#!qLxAzCYb!0WnWHc9JtCHjiQIYMe1NZ00JCbKKGfI5C3OkwFXYT8g

This doesn’t have the sharpening/deblocking filter on it as that is a shot by shot process and is VERY resource intensive, and so is reserved for screenshots for now.

I redid the grading again: added a little blue and pink, desaturated the colors a bit. Increased grain and added a bit of flicker.

Much like the previous screenshots, these are first dips into working from the new 4K Blu-ray, so feedback is very much welcome.

I did look at the trailer posted earlier, and I did end up creating a look nearly identical, but I thought it looked too blue and desaturated and was really wondering if that was an accurate color corrected view of the trailer print. Still I pushed a little bit closer to what the colors looked like there, but still kept warmth.

Author
Time

Woah… That’s amazing. I just have one gripe, it’s a bit too dark.

Author
Time

This looks gorgeous! That grain really hits the spot. I love this movie, but I never thought I’d be this excited to see it again!

Author
Time

Ok, I’m now officially HYPED for this

Author
Time
 (Edited)

emanswfan said:

Here’s some test footage from TPM.

https://mega.nz/#!qLxAzCYb!0WnWHc9JtCHjiQIYMe1NZ00JCbKKGfI5C3OkwFXYT8g

This doesn’t have the sharpening/deblocking filter on it as that is a shot by shot process and is VERY resource intensive, and so is reserved for screenshots for now.

I redid the grading again: added a little blue and pink, desaturated the colors a bit. Increased grain and added a bit of flicker.

Much like the previous screenshots, these are first dips into working from the new 4K Blu-ray, so feedback is very much welcome.

I did look at the trailer posted earlier, and I did end up creating a look nearly identical, but I thought it looked too blue and desaturated and was really wondering if that was an accurate color corrected view of the trailer print. Still I pushed a little bit closer to what the colors looked like there, but still kept warmth.

That looks excellent! The colors are close to perfect, very filmic! Perhaps a tiny bit more shadow detail.

Author
Time

Having a little trouble viewing this video but man, what I see looks magnificent. It puts me in the mind of watching technicolor epics from the 50s and 60s. Beautiful grain, gorgeous colour - love those slightly teal-y technicolor blues. Fantastic work.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Tantive3+1 said:

I feel that the room in this shot here should be more white
Filmized

Recolored

No, I think the colors here are very accurate to the original coloring. This room was never white:

Author
Time

Indeed, Tantive3+1’s proposal looks very nice, but is moving away from the theatrical version.

Author
Time

Can confirm from having seen Phantom Menace in theaters, a long time ago…

“The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.” - DV

Author
Time

Maaga said:

DrDre said:
Perhaps a tiny bit more shadow detail.

This^

Will do, I was trying to get the light levels just right. The shadows are darker than the original, so I can bring them back up. Should the highlights be brighter too, or are they at a good level?

Author
Time

emanswfan said:

Maaga said:

DrDre said:
Perhaps a tiny bit more shadow detail.

This^

Will do, I was trying to get the light levels just right. The shadows are darker than the original, so I can bring them back up. Should the highlights be brighter too, or are they at a good level?

The hightlights are great! Keep up the fantastic work! I’ve been refreshing this page multiple times a day to see if any new updates were made!!

Author
Time

This is all looking really impressive! Very much looking forward to watching this. 😃

Author
Time

Can’t wait to see this finished! Would love to use this for a TPM Theatrical edit later on. Looks great 😃

Author
Time

Is there a possibility you could release a 1080p version when you’re finished?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

emanswfan said:

Here’s some test footage from TPM.

https://mega.nz/#!qLxAzCYb!0WnWHc9JtCHjiQIYMe1NZ00JCbKKGfI5C3OkwFXYT8g

This doesn’t have the sharpening/deblocking filter on it as that is a shot by shot process and is VERY resource intensive, and so is reserved for screenshots for now.

I redid the grading again: added a little blue and pink, desaturated the colors a bit. Increased grain and added a bit of flicker.

Much like the previous screenshots, these are first dips into working from the new 4K Blu-ray, so feedback is very much welcome.

I did look at the trailer posted earlier, and I did end up creating a look nearly identical, but I thought it looked too blue and desaturated and was really wondering if that was an accurate color corrected view of the trailer print. Still I pushed a little bit closer to what the colors looked like there, but still kept warmth.

Hey now! That test clip looks really good to me, and the grain is really satisfying.

I guess it depends on what you’re after. If you want a darker, noisier film print look, the test clip does a good job at that. But it has a slightly grungy look to it.

I’d personally prefer something more like a brand new, pristine 4K digital remaster like Sony would release on 4K Blu-ray. A little brighter (as you’ve already adjusted) and maybe take the noise/flicker down just a touch.

Author
Time

ZigZig said:

Indeed, Tantive3+1’s proposal looks very nice, but is moving away from the theatrical version.

Well to be fair, so is this entire project with AotC and RotS. It isn’t so much a restoration of the film versions shown in theaters, it’s an edit that makes them look like film, an entire third version.

Death of the Author