Sign In

Star Wars Games — Page 2

Author
Time

Ive got:

PC x-wing- one of my favs but hard as hell, still havnt beat it after all these years

Rogue squadron for N64- no longer have this, but loved it and mastered the game

Rogue Leader for gamecube- still have this one and love it. mastered it as well.

Battlefront 1 for x-box- love this

"There's no cluster of midiclorians that controls my destiny!" -Han Solo, from a future revision of ANH

Author
Time

I have a soft spot for Shadows of the Empire on N64. Not amazing, but it takes me back.

Rogue Leader is one of the best, and it still looks pretty good almost a decade later. Then again, there's that damn frigate captain lady...

The Battlefront games are okay, mostly for parties, though. Same for Galactic Battlegrounds.

The Jedi Knight games were okay, and I had fun with KOTOR for a while.

Author
Time

I liked Battlefront II and was pissed when they cancelled III for the Xbox and PS3 which was in development and had a space mission mode.

 

Also pissed they cancelled Kotor III, i liked the first 2 games, though the unfinished 2nd game is a mistake that shouldn't have happened the extra levels should have been finished if only for the PC version if the XBOX one had to be rushed for deadline.

I like the Kyle Katarn Jedi Knight Games.

Terrible would be star wars obi wan, even revenge of the sith which had horrible controls was somewhat okay.

“Always loved Vader’s wordless self sacrifice. Another shitty, clueless, revision like Greedo and young Anakin’s ghost. What a fucking shame.” -Simon Pegg.

Author
Time

Whoops, forgot about LEGO Star Wars.

I liked Jedi Power Battles (though I haven't gotten very far in it), the Dreamcast version is miles better than the sloppily controlled Playstation version.

I liked Shadows of the Empire, but someone borrowed it from me and never gave it back =(

This signature uses Markdown syntax, which makes it easy to add formatting like italics, bold, and lists:

Author
Time

skyjedi2005 said:


I liked Battlefront II and was pissed when they cancelled III for the Xbox and PS3 which was in development and had a space mission mode.

Not only that. From what's been seen, Battlefront 3 would've enabled players to fight on the ground then fly from the ground all the way up into space and engage in space battles.

<span style=“font-weight: bold;”>The Most Handsomest Guy on OT.com</span>

Author
Time

Dark Forces
Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Mysteries of the Sith

Also, I've been keeping tabs on the various mods to upgrade DF and JK:DF2 to more sophisticated engines (usually a later Jedi Knight engine), but they're suffering the same fate as most mods like this: developers leave the project, things stall, that sort of thing. Shame, too, as I'd really like to play DF again. :(

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who do not.
Author
Time
 (Edited)

Any news on that mmo thing, Old Republic or something.  I heard it was delayed until 2012.

Even though they were bad star wars and sort of prequelish, i really kind of liked the force unleashed I and II and that it was close to the oot era.

The fact they canceled III is a joke, and they let their best writer go Hayden Blackman.

“Always loved Vader’s wordless self sacrifice. Another shitty, clueless, revision like Greedo and young Anakin’s ghost. What a fucking shame.” -Simon Pegg.

Author
Time

^What do you care? You're always talking about how it's no KOTOR 3 and just a damn cash grab.

I always liked Jedi Academy (MP and mod purposes, single player was eh,) Outcast, and Rogue Squadron.

A Goon in a Gaggle of 'em

Author
Time

bkev said:

^What do you care? You're always talking about how it's no KOTOR 3 and just a damn cash grab.

I always liked Jedi Academy (MP and mod purposes, single player was eh,) Outcast, and Rogue Squadron.

There were some rumors and even hints they might reveal the story that would have been kotor III in some kind of backstory or download content.

The timeline makes reference to the first game even if the story is somewhat inconsistent with that game, i am also wondering if part 2 which was not done by bioware is no longer canon and has been erased from continuity since it has not been referenced.

“Always loved Vader’s wordless self sacrifice. Another shitty, clueless, revision like Greedo and young Anakin’s ghost. What a fucking shame.” -Simon Pegg.

Author
Time

Likes

Star Wars Racer

Rogue Leader

 

Dislikes

Knights Of The Old Republic - a good game but undeserving of the Star Wars title

Rogue Leader II - what where they thinking with the addition of those third-person missions?

 

 

 

That's some bad hat, Harry
Author
Time
 (Edited)

No one mentioned Masters of Teras Kasi?

Played TFU:I and it was ok, controls were kinda crappy but the story was good.

kotor 1 and 2 were both great to me, even if 2 was unfinished basically.

i have fond memories of shadows of the empire for the n64

Tie Figther was the greatest though, great gameplay and story.

Played various other star wars games, but dont remember enough about them to mention them.

No one mentioned Star Wars Galaxies either, no one played that? (I didnt either, just saying...)

Shit I also forot about Empire at War! Pretty decent RTS game back in the day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars_video_games#Empire_at_War

Good list of games, might jog more peoples memories.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

TIE Fighter

Rogue Squadron

The Phantom Menace

Starfighter

Galaxies

Jedi Outcast

Jedi Academy

Knights of the Old Republic

Battlefront

Battlefront II

The Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition

Those were the ones I liked (all for PC). I regret not having played Shadows of the Empire, and I regret even more not being able to find it today...

P.S: I had Imperial Ace on my mobile. Good game, too.

Author
Time

I didn’t want to start a new thread for this game so here goes…

I bought Lenovo’s Jedi Challenges for only 50€ even though I didn’t have a required phone to play it with (yet). I just tested it on my relative’s iPhone and it was much more fun than I thought of. Okay, the trooper battles are pretty lame but still okay, but the lightsaber duels are really fun. Didn’t have the time to test other game options. In addition to having fun battling myself, it was ridicilous to see others play the game too. Half of the fun became from that. But it would be great to have a real duel, too bad I don’t know anyone else who has this.

And in the time of greatest despair, there shall come a savior, and he shall be known as the Son of the Suns.

Author
Time

LexX said:

I didn’t want to start a new thread for this game so here goes…

I bought Lenovo’s Jedi Challenges for only 50€ even though I didn’t have a required phone to play it with (yet). I just tested it on my relative’s iPhone and it was much more fun than I thought of. Okay, the trooper battles are pretty lame but still okay, but the lightsaber duels are really fun. Didn’t have the time to test other game options. In addition to having fun battling myself, it was ridicilous to see others play the game too. Half of the fun became from that. But it would be great to have a real duel, too bad I don’t know anyone else who has this.

50 Euros? Where? The best I can find is £150 from Currys and PC World. Also if you are Irish (I’m Northern Ireland) I would totally battle you sometime!

Author
Time

Mway1 said:

LexX said:

I didn’t want to start a new thread for this game so here goes…

I bought Lenovo’s Jedi Challenges for only 50€ even though I didn’t have a required phone to play it with (yet). I just tested it on my relative’s iPhone and it was much more fun than I thought of. Okay, the trooper battles are pretty lame but still okay, but the lightsaber duels are really fun. Didn’t have the time to test other game options. In addition to having fun battling myself, it was ridicilous to see others play the game too. Half of the fun became from that. But it would be great to have a real duel, too bad I don’t know anyone else who has this.

50 Euros? Where? The best I can find is £150 from Currys and PC World. Also if you are Irish (I’m Northern Ireland) I would totally battle you sometime!

I bought it at a local auction site. There always seems to be one or two for 70-90€ even unopened. The seller of mine said he had won it from somewhere and it was sealed too. Maybe check eBay? I’m pretty sure they are out there because I could imagine some kids could get bored easily or something. It has a huge novelty value but you pretty much need to be a True Fan to appreciate it even after a year.
Sorry, I don’t live there. 😛

And in the time of greatest despair, there shall come a savior, and he shall be known as the Son of the Suns.

Author
Time

Awesome, thanks for the tip, I’ll keep an eye out!

Author
Time

No Genesis love? Star Wars Arcade on 32X was my shit back in the day. And it’s one of the few good games on 32X that’s dirt cheap these days.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

‘Star Wars: Jedi Challenges Dark Side Expansion, Kylo Ren Lightsaber’

https://www.ubergizmo.com/2018/08/jedi-challenges-kylo-ren/

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/jedi-challenges-dark-side-expansion-3544373
 

$99 US seems a decent price (may be cheaper soon after?) - looks an intriguing game, and good to see it’s getting free updates too.

 

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

I find that answer vague and unconvincing. Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves?
Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? And say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Author
Time

Anyone else do any tabletop Star Wars gaming? I’ve really enjoyed Fantasy Flight’s stuff recently, I’ve played both their card games and I’d like to try their miniatures games. I also picked up some of the handbooks for the West End Games RPG a little while back but I haven’t had the chance to really sit down and learn them yet.

Author
Time

joefavs said:

Anyone else do any tabletop Star Wars gaming? I’ve really enjoyed Fantasy Flight’s stuff recently, I’ve played both their card games and I’d like to try their miniatures games. I also picked up some of the handbooks for the West End Games RPG a little while back but I haven’t had the chance to really sit down and learn them yet.

I played the X-Wing miniatures game this past weekend and I believe I’m hooked! Very cool mechanics, and the models themselves are beautiful. My friends and I just played with basic TIEs and X-wings, but I definitely plan to pick up the Falcon before we play again.

Author
Time

I’d like to try that but I don’t know anyone who might be interested. Also, I’d rather try it on someone else’s game set first than buying my own.

And in the time of greatest despair, there shall come a savior, and he shall be known as the Son of the Suns.

Author
Time

I finally got to try Battle Pod and I have to say even with the big screen and loud sound and fancy bells and whistles I was extremely unimpressed. Anyone who has played Trilogy Arcade or rogue squadron will best it in five minutes. It’s super easy as you just mash the trigger at the auto lock on and hope you get it done in enough time to pass. Little skill is involved. I got on the top leaderboard in only one play through and every level is virtually the same.

VADER!? WHERE THE HELL IS MY MOCHA LATTE? -Palpy on a very bad day.

“George didn’t think there was any future in dead Han toys.”-Harrison Ford

My review blog: thehificelluloidmonster.wordpress.com

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Some great info here on the ‘Jakks’ or ‘Touch Pad’ handheld / plug n play type Star Wars games (with pics and gifs) on this blog:-

http://zc-infinity.blogspot.com/2017/01/
 

The ‘Red Leader’ game looks a lot of retro arcade style fun 😃

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

I find that answer vague and unconvincing. Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves?
Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? And say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Author
Time

Stumbled upon this today on YouTube, looks very promising:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/xwvm

“XWVM is a mod to the original Star Wars: X-Wing game from Lucas Arts and Totally Games by Larry Holland and Edward Kilham. Our goal is to rebuild the game engine with newer technologies that allow it to run and make use of the latest hardware and improvements in gaming hardware. The mod will require the player to own and have installation of the original Star Wars: X-Wing game, or have the GOG or Steam versions of X-Wing Special Edition (either the 1993 floppy, the 1994 CD, and/or 1998 Windows edition). XWVM neither contains nor distributes any copyrighted material. All game resource files (missions, voiceovers, SFX, iMUSE automaton, etc) are loaded from the player’s copy of the original game, or are original creations of our team, where the original resources are considered inadequate for today’s standards.”

Save London’s Curzon Soho Cinema

Author
Time

This would be a dream come true! I hope the developers fabricate a fairly playable version.

Rogue One is redundant. Just play the first mission of DARK FORCES.
‘Star Wars is a buffet, enjoy the stuff you want, and leave the rest.’ - SilverWook