PM me for links
FULL TRAILER: https://vimeo.com/365259942
I will go back to my Episode III edit (Rise of the Dark Side), but right now I started working on this one.
The main purpose of this is to create a main saga which is watchable in episodic order.
In order to do this, in the prequels Anakin is NOT Obi Wan’s apprentice, and in Episode IV there will be no mention about Vader being Ben’s former apprentice.
Vader is just a Jedi who betrayed the Order, but at this moment we, as audience, believe that Anakin is dead (showed in Episode III and in this movie’s crawl).
When Ben says that Vader killed Anakin, we know very well that this is a lie, but we accept it because we realize that Ben could never tell that to Luke.
The other two overall changes will be on the visual and musical sides.
I’m not a professional editor, and I only use Sony Vegas, but wherever I can I will change the look of the scenes (colors, backgrounds, blaster bolts, lightsabers, etc.). I will also add/change music in order to give the feel on one single cohesive saga.
- 2011 Blu Ray
- Despecialized edition
- Possessed’s ANH edit (for some SFX)
- Repossessed (for a couple of rebel fighters’ shots)
- Color Correction. I want it to be more in line with Rogue One and to keep a consistent look in the whole saga as much as I can. Tatooine is more saturated, as is 3PO. Darker Lightsabers, purple/pink X-wing engines, etc.
- New music tracks.
- Remove any mention of Vader being Obi Wan’s apprentice. If we watch the movies in episodic order, Vader must look like another of Palpatine’s apprentices, just another villain after Maul, Dooku, Grievous and Anakin.
- More modern intro with Lucasfilm’s logo.
- New crawl.
- Tatooine has an atmosphere.
- More saturated Tantive IV’s engines.
- Diminished the blue tonality after the Star Destroyer’s engines appear.
- Enhanced Star Destroyer’s engines and lasers.
- Color correction inside the Tantive IV (whiter walls) and enhanced 3PO a little bit.
- New track during the battle.
- All lasers repainted.
- Rogue one’s Imperial March to introduce Vader, and also at the end of the scene.
- Improved Tatooine and sky’s colors.
- New track during 3PO and R2’s dialogue, which is shortened.
- Enhanced blue laser shot by Jawas to R2.
- Shortened scene inside the sandcrawler.
- Enhanced Leia’s hologram and the environment around it.
- Another Krayt dragon call (don’t remember if it’s the original… it’s the one heard in Revisited).
- Obi Wan does not say he doesn’t remember ever owning a droid.
- Restrucured scene inside Ben’s hut, more in line with Revisited.
- Recolored and enhanced lightsaber.
- Obi Wan does not mention Vader being his apprentice, nor Vader being a former Jedi. When Luke asks about his father, Ben just says “Darth Vader helped the empire hunt down and destroy Jedi Knights, and murdered your father”. No betrayal, nothing. At this point Vader must be considered just a commos villain, like Maul, Dooku and Grievous. Even in my saga we KNOW Ben is lying, but we suppose he does that because of course he can’t tell Luke that he murdered Anakin, as we all should think at this point.
- New track during the Death Star meeting room, and enhanced blue lights. I think the new tonality is quite ok, mostly because the Death Star should be the most technologically advanced place in the galaxy.
- At the beginning of the scene, the center sphere shows the hologram of the galaxy, then shuts down.
- A part of the Blu Ray Mos Eisley’s entrance is kept. Just the overall view.
- Added shot from Despecialized Edition (color corrected) to remove the Ronto walking in front of the camera.
- Darkened Cantina.
- The yellow lamps on tables are light-blue now.
- One of the aliens is watching Imperial propaganda holonews.
- Enhanced Ben’s lightsaber.
- Han shoots first (I masked the superior part of the shot to keep it static, so that Greedo does not shoot and Han’s face remains still).
- Color corrected Death Star control room, and new track.
- No Jabba scene.
- Just like in Revisited, recolored droid near 3PO to make it look like it’s not R2, which appears later.
- Repainted stormtroopers’ lasers.
- New track during escape.
- Recolored Millennium Falcon’s cockpit.
- Again, new Tatooine atmosphere.
- Recolored Millennium Falcon’s engines and Star Destroyer’s lasers.
- Han does not say he knows a few maneuvers, because he does not make any of them.
- Whole new Alderaan’s destruction. Clips taken from Rogue One, Man of Steel, some YouTube videos showing Earth being hit by an asteroid and a clip of the Death Star shooting against a planet. New Endgame track.
- Millennium Falcon’s interior recolored, more in line with the blue and yellow tones from TFA.
- New track during Luke’s training.
- New Hyperspace tunnel.
- Added hyperspace lights inside the MF’s cockpit, and the tunnel itself outside.
- Added energy barrier in the Death Star hangar.
- Removed any mention of Ben being Vader’s former master.
- Shortened fight in the detention area, and shortened trash compactor sequence.
- All the Death Star wall lights are enhanced, and they change from white to blue based on the area, to give more diversity to the massive station.
- Completely restructured duel. New tracks from PT and Rogue One. The gang leaves the DS with the MF while Ben is still fighting Vader, and they don’t see him dying. Alternate sequence between the actual duel and the Tie Fighters scene.
- Hyperspace tunnel seen from inside the Falcon.
- Enhanced MF’s arrival at Yavin. New engines and music track from Rogue One.
- Enhanced screen from the Rebels meeting.
- New track while the Rebels prepare to launch (from TLJ).
- Color corrected X-Wing engines to match the ones from Rogue One.
- New shots of Rebel fighters getting closer to the DS.
- Holograms inside the Yavin IV “control room”.
- A couple new tracks during the battle.
- All lasers repainted.
- Color corrected ending.
I’m pretty much satisfied with the result. This is definitely the most challenging and complex edit I’ve ever done. But don’t expect anything too revolutionary or perfect.
CHOSEN ONE - A STAR WARS STORY (3-in-1 prequels).
Personal saga: I - SHADOW OF THE PAST. II - KEEPERS OF THE PEACE. III - RISE OF THE DARK SIDE. IV - THE SON OF SKYWALKER. VI - RETURN OF THE JEDI.
Just look for them in the forum, and PM me for links if interested.