PM me for V1 links
The main purpose of these edits is to have the “main saga” watchable in episodic order.
In order to do this, in Episode IV there in no mention about Vader being Ben’s former apprentice, nor about Vader being a former Jedi at all. I know that some people don’t like this idea, and I totally agree with you on the fact that Vader being a fallen apprentice is a core idea of ANH, but something has to be sacrified in order to fulfill the main goal.
With my Episode III edit (not released yet) there’s no connection between Anakin and Vader (just as in many other edits), and at this moment we, as audience, believe that Anakin is dead (showed in Episode III and stated in this movie’s crawl).
So, when Ben says that Vader killed Anakin, we know very well that’s a lie, but we accept it because we realize that Ben could never tell to Luke that he killed his father.
- Despecialized edition
- Telecine’s SFX for some blaster shots.
- 2019 version
- Complete color correction. I want it to be more in line with Rogue One and to keep a consistent look in the whole saga as much as I can. Less red and more yellow on Tatooine (similar to The Mandalorian), Falcon’s interiors in line with TFA (blue in living room, yellow/green in corridors), different colors inside the Death Star (dark blue corridors and meeting room, grey/black in the laser control room).
- New music tracks.
- Remove any mention of Vader being Obi Wan’s apprentice.
- Enhanced engines, lightsabers, etc.
- More modern intro with Lucasfilm’s logo.
- New crawl.
- Tatooine has an atmosphere.
- More saturated Tantive IV’s engines.
- Removed wide blue color after the Star Destroyer’s engines appear.
- Enhanced Star Destroyer’s engines and lasers.
- A little bit more contrast added throughout the movie.
- New track during the battle.
- All lasers repainted.
- Rogue one’s Imperial March to introduce Vader, and also at the end of the scene.
- Recolored Tatooine.
- New track during 3PO and R2’s dialogue, which is shortened. Removed 3PO alone in the desert scene.
- Enhanced blue laser shot by Jawas to R2.
- Shortened scene inside the sandcrawler.
- Enhanced Leia’s hologram and recolored room.
- Another Krayt dragon call (don’t remember if it’s the original… it’s the one heard in Revisited).
- Obi Wan does not say he doesn’t remember ever owning a droid.
- Restrucured scene inside Ben’s hut, similar to Revisited.
- Recolored and enhanced lightsaber.
- Obi Wan does not mention Vader being his apprentice, nor Vader being a former Jedi.
- New track during the Death Star meeting room, and recolored scene.
- At the beginning of the scene, the center sphere shows the hologram of the galaxy, then shuts down.
- A part of the Blu Ray Mos Eisley’s entrance is kept. Just the overall view.
- Added shot from Despecialized Edition (color corrected) to remove the Ronto walking in front of the camera.
- Recolored Cantina.
- The yellow lamps on tables are light-blue now (NOT IN V2).
- One of the aliens is watching Imperial propaganda holonews.
- Enhanced Ben’s lightsaber.
- Han shoots first (I masked the superior part of the shot to keep it static, so that Greedo does not shoot and Han’s face remains still).
- Color corrected Death Star control room, and new track.
- No Jabba scene.
- Just like in Revisited, recolored droid near 3PO to make it look like it’s not R2, which appears later.
- Repainted stormtroopers’ lasers.
- New track during escape.
- Recolored Millennium Falcon’s cockpit.
- Again, new Tatooine atmosphere.
- Recolored Millennium Falcon’s engines and Star Destroyer’s lasers.
- Han does not say he knows a few maneuvers, because he does not make any of them.
- Whole new Alderaan’s destruction. Clips taken from some YouTube videos showing Earth being hit by an asteroid and a clip of the Death Star shooting against a planet. New ROTS track.
- Millennium Falcon’s interior recolored, similar to the blue and yellow tones from TFA.
- New track during Luke’s training.
- Fixed Vader gesturing without talking.
- Imperial officer speaking to Tarkin and Vader is now a hologram.
- Added hyperspace lights inside the MF’s cockpit, and the tunnel itself outside. Also, new music track.
- Added energy shields in the Death Star hangar.
- Removed any mention of Ben being Vader’s former master.
- Shortened fight in the detention area, and shortened trash compactor sequence.
- All the Death Star wall lights are enhanced. Different colors for different areas, to give more diversity to the massive station.
- Removed Han chasing Stormtroopers. I’ve always hated this scene.
- Completely restructured duel. New tracks. The gang leaves the DS with the MF while Ben is still fighting Vader, and they don’t see him dying. Alternate sequence between the actual duel and the Tie Fighters scene.
- Luke being sad for Ben’s departure is moved after the Tie Fighters’ scene.
- Hyperspace tunnel seen from inside the Falcon. Enhanced MF’s arrival at Yavin. New engines and music track from Rogue One.
- Enhanced screen from the Rebels meeting.
- New track while the Rebels prepare to launch.
- Color corrected X-Wing engines to match the ones from Rogue One.
- Holograms inside the Yavin IV “control room”.
- A couple new tracks during the battle.
- All lasers repainted.
- Color corrected ending.
CHOSEN ONE - A STAR WARS STORY (3-in-1 prequels).
Personal saga: I - SHADOW OF THE PAST. II - KEEPERS OF THE PEACE. III - RISE OF THE DARK SIDE. IV - THE HEIR OF SKYWALKER. VI - RETURN OF THE JEDI.
Just look for them around here, and PM me for links if interested.