Star Wars - Episode I: The Ancient Lore
Episode I is the best-looking of the three prequels, with a lot of devotion put into them from both the crew, actors as well as the director himself before he went all ludacris on Digital moviemaking. It is also the most dull of the three prequels, with little to no character banter or real character development. It has to be remade.
Moving on from my Harry Potter Revisited franchise, It was time to rework one of my other childhood memories. One that lacked a good story and good surprises and villains. For those who know me by now, you know I don't do with only editing pace or lines or simple cutting. I really change everything. Mattepaintings, music, sound effects, visual treatments you name it.
The Phantom Menace will not resemble anything close to what you have seen before. There is a completely new narrative and structure to the story, and with that a completely new beginning, middle and end.
Master and Apprentice
The Hunt for the Sith Lord
Nemodians talk to their Lord - Beta
Qui-Gon - The Rogue Jedi Knight, saving the Queen.
- There are many new visual effects, and many alterations to both audio (voice and alien language) as well as music and sound effects.
- Appearances of Lord Sidious will have his hologram face hidden, as well as his one real-life appearance with Maul, as well as voice altered and new plot points given.
- The Nemodians (Nute Gunray & Co.) now speak in foreign Alien language, to give of new and menacing voices, as well as completely new plot points for the story.
- The Purple saber of Mace Windu will be removed in my trilogy, and given to Qui-Gon. It makes him more important, and fits his rogue style as he choses not to be on the Jedi Council. Mace Windu will get green.
- Jar-Jar Binks has a new voice.
- Battle Droids has a new voice.
- Jar-Jar Binks will serve as comic relief, although appearances or voice from him that diminish an important character or story moment, will be removed or decreased.
- Qui-Gon is the main character of the story. Obi-Wan and Anakin are sidecharacters that will get to shine a little bit throughout, but are part of a bigger puzzle to occur in the later entries of the trilogy.
- Story narrative completely altered. The beginning of the movie in the Trade Federation Ship now takes place in the middle of the movie, and the story now starts with a Space chase, Naboo and the saving of the Queen.
The original thread is over at fanedits.org, so if you want to follow this closely you'll find my thread over there. :)