Sign In

Star Wars Digital HD Release .... April 10th — Page 11

Author
Time

We could just make up numbers.

...

As of now, over 100 downloads have been sold.

So, it's official: This is the best selling digital version of Star Wars, EVER!!!!!

Star Wars Episode XXX: Erica Strikes Back

         Davnes007 LogoCanadian Flag

          If you want Nice, go to France

Author
Time

Seems like the deleted scenes are presented in thoroughly lackluster 480p. Someone who bought the set describes them as looking identical, going so far as to say he would not be surprised in they were ripped right from the commercial DVDs.

Well done. I will disengage self-destruct initiative.

Author
Time

Davnes007 said:

As of now, over 100 downloads have been sold.

So, it's official: This is the best selling digital version of Star Wars, EVER!!!!!

 *headdesk* It's the only commercial digital version of Star Wars.

Nobody sang The Bunny Song in years…

Author
Time

Danfun128 said:

Davnes007 said:

As of now, over 100 downloads have been sold.

So, it's official: This is the best selling digital version of Star Wars, EVER!!!!!

 *headdesk* It's the only commercial digital version of Star Wars.

 THATS THE JOKE

Author
Time

Is it time to talk about digital distribution vs. format again or am I early?

Author
Time

As far as people complaining about no more Fox fanfare logo goes, I'd love for the new films to go with a John Williams version of the When You Wish Upon a Star Castle intro as the new alternative. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0SZCrTuhzI

Author
Time

Or just play Jedi Rocks over the Lucasfilm logo. At least that would be a slight improvement over what is there now

Author
Time

generalfrevious said:

Or just play Jedi Rocks over the Lucasfilm logo. At least that would be a slight improvement over what is there now

How about we then give the Lucasfilm logo a mouth and have it jump at the camera going "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Nobody sang The Bunny Song in years…

Author
Time

ThiefCobbler4ever said:

Throwing my hat into the ring here; I'm upset that I, II, III, V, and VI are missing the Fox logo and fanfare as much as you are.

Sure those films are solely Lucasfilm and they made them and Fox simply distributed them, but to me, they're still Fox films.

I suggest we contact Disney tomorrow and ask them nicely to right this wrong.

Ah, this makes sense. Lends credence to the idea that Fox retained some rights related to 1977 Star Wars.

“I find your lack of faith disturbing.”

Author
Time
 (Edited)

FigmentJedi said:

As far as people complaining about no more Fox fanfare logo goes, I'd love for the new films to go with a John Williams version of the When You Wish Upon a Star Castle intro as the new alternative. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0SZCrTuhzI

 Sounds great! But, what about this?
https://youtu.be/TQgvoQ9NEqU

Author
Time

bilditup1 said:

ThiefCobbler4ever said:

Throwing my hat into the ring here; I'm upset that I, II, III, V, and VI are missing the Fox logo and fanfare as much as you are.

Sure those films are solely Lucasfilm and they made them and Fox simply distributed them, but to me, they're still Fox films.

I suggest we contact Disney tomorrow and ask them nicely to right this wrong.

Ah, this makes sense. Lends credence to the idea that Fox retained some rights related to 1977 Star Wars.

 So does this: http://www.disneystudioshelp.com/detail_STARWARSIV__SUPPORT.html

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I hope someone posts a rip of the fanfare & logos so I can make a Disney version of Despecialized, just to see which member puts a bounty on me first.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Danfun128 said:

generalfrevious said:

Or just play Jedi Rocks over the Lucasfilm logo. At least that would be a slight improvement over what is there now

How about we then give the Lucasfilm logo a mouth and have it jump at the camera going "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

 How about Jabba's burping during the Lucasfilm Logo?

Or ... oh wait ... Obi-Wan's Blu-ray Krayt Dragon Wohoooooooo?

Rogue One is redundant. Just play the first mission of DARK FORCES.
Being surrounded by yes men: the hallmark of a corrupt leader.
‘The best visual effects in the world will not compensate for a story told badly.’ - V.E.S.
‘Star Wars is a buffet, enjoy the stuff you want, and leave the rest.’ - SilverWook

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Haarspalter said:

Or ... oh wait ... Obi-Wan's Blu-ray Krayt Dragon Wohoooooooo?

 

People everywhere will wonder "Why did they use the sound of the 'leave Britney alone' guy reacting to his having spilled hot coffee in his lap for the Lucasfilm logo?"

 

"These deadly rays will be your death..."

Author
Time

Now that I've thought about it, aren't we overreacting a little too much to the fanfare change?

Author
Time

generalfrevious said:

Now that I've thought about it, aren't we overreacting....

 ALLOL!!!!!!!!!

Author
Time

Haarspalter said:

Danfun128 said:

generalfrevious said:

Or just play Jedi Rocks over the Lucasfilm logo. At least that would be a slight improvement over what is there now

How about we then give the Lucasfilm logo a mouth and have it jump at the camera going "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

 How about Jabba's burping during the Lucasfilm Logo?

Or ... oh wait ... Obi-Wan's Blu-ray Krayt Dragon Wohoooooooo?

 http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/Worst-Edit-Ideas/topic/10696/

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:

Seriously, I'm laughing so hard right now. 

 Well you keep saying I'm repetitive. I have changed my mind and have decided while the new fanfare is not good, it's not the worst thing ever.

Author
Time

generalfrevious said:

TV's Frink said:

Seriously, I'm laughing so hard right now. 

 Well you keep saying I'm repetitive. I have changed my mind and have decided while the new fanfare is not good, it's not the worst thing ever.

No, they're right -- this is hilarious. 

Author
Time

generalfrevious said:

Now that I've thought about it, aren't we overreacting a little too much to the fanfare change?

Considering it's about 20 seconds of a 2 hour movie, yes.