Sign In

Star Wars Despecialized Editions - Custom Bluray Set — Page 48

Author
Time

Thanks for all your hard work! I would love to get copies of these, specifically for the special features. Are these uploaded on myslpeen? I was looking for them on binsearch with no avail.

Author
Time

Wow. Crap like that makes me even more hesitant to respond to newbies. It is irritating enough when no one can follow simple directions/rules, but now we have to deal with this shite…

Author
Time

Perhaps it would be better spent on some materials to refresh you on how to read?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

First of all, let me apologize to the original creator of this artwork. The source pdf file got seperated from the folder with the name of who I downloaded it from so I lost track of the creator. But I thank you. My small contribution is nothing more than basic rearranging and miniscule modification of your outstanding work to meet my particular needs.

UPDATE: Thanks to RoccondilRinon for the original source material. Thanks again!

My 6 disc M-disc set of the NJVC blu-rays did not have room in the case for a very thick booklet with all the details. So I trimmed down the excellent 12-page one into a more compact 4-page versions with just the info I personally needed in my set. I was also having difficulty getting a good 2 sided print, likely due to my cheap photo paper. So I rearranged the 4 pages so that I could fold a bly-ray size booklet from just a single sided photo print. I just thought I would share it in case somebody else could benefit.

Foldable Print

Lessons learned when creating booklet: Letter size works OK but A4 paper gives a better match to blu-ray insert clips. Fold top to bottom, then side to side. Fold first, flatten seams, (tape), then cut to size along unfolded edges so that any misalignment from folding is on the cut off portion. Use double sided tape to conceal/join uprinted sides to make it appear as though booklet was 2 sided print from thicker stock. Cover booklet with a blank sheet of paper when using a hard object run along seams to set the folds so that you don’t damage your print job. Using a black sharpie along the cut edges does conceal the white but it’s inconsistent and softens/swells the edge. Live with the white if you can stand it (IMHO).

Author
Time

scotchka said:

I’d report this guy too. He’s made thousands off these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-DESPECIALIZED-UNALTERED-ORIGINAL-TRILOGY-THEATRICAL-WIDESCREEN-HD-/142364514216?hash=item21259617a8:g:JCQAAOSw2gxY2Ah2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-DESPECIALIZED-UNALTERED-ORIGINAL-TRILOGY-THEATRICAL-WIDESCREEN-HD/142344671770

Done and done.

DuracellEnergizer: “^He’s embraced the absurd. Don’t expect to gain any conventional understanding from his posts.”
A New Hope Technicolor Recreation (Released!)
The Force Awakens Restructured (V2 Released!) and The Starlight Project

Author
Time

scotchka said:

I’d report this guy too. He’s made thousands off these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-DESPECIALIZED-UNALTERED-ORIGINAL-TRILOGY-THEATRICAL-WIDESCREEN-HD-/142364514216?hash=item21259617a8:g:JCQAAOSw2gxY2Ah2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-DESPECIALIZED-UNALTERED-ORIGINAL-TRILOGY-THEATRICAL-WIDESCREEN-HD/142344671770

Can we leave reviews telling people they can get these free with some work lol.

But honestly, I have a few buddies I made some sets for. The only thing they have done is either grab me a pack of discs or cases or bring their own. Never sold these and never will.

Author
Time

Tyler0013 said:

scotchka said:

I’d report this guy too. He’s made thousands off these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-DESPECIALIZED-UNALTERED-ORIGINAL-TRILOGY-THEATRICAL-WIDESCREEN-HD-/142364514216?hash=item21259617a8:g:JCQAAOSw2gxY2Ah2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-DESPECIALIZED-UNALTERED-ORIGINAL-TRILOGY-THEATRICAL-WIDESCREEN-HD/142344671770

Can we leave reviews telling people they can get these free with some work lol.

But honestly, I have a few buddies I made some sets for. The only thing they have done is either grab me a pack of discs or cases or bring their own. Never sold these and never will.

I admit he definitely needs to be reported and its illegal as hell but telling people they can get these free with some work is a bit misleading. It be more accurate to say they might be able to get these free with some work. The standard Harmy’s sure but the this set requires access to MySpleen which not everyone has.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

TerranGuy93 said:

Tyler0013 said:

scotchka said:

I’d report this guy too. He’s made thousands off these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-DESPECIALIZED-UNALTERED-ORIGINAL-TRILOGY-THEATRICAL-WIDESCREEN-HD-/142364514216?hash=item21259617a8:g:JCQAAOSw2gxY2Ah2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-DESPECIALIZED-UNALTERED-ORIGINAL-TRILOGY-THEATRICAL-WIDESCREEN-HD/142344671770

Can we leave reviews telling people they can get these free with some work lol.

But honestly, I have a few buddies I made some sets for. The only thing they have done is either grab me a pack of discs or cases or bring their own. Never sold these and never will.

I admit he definitely needs to be reported and its illegal as hell but telling people they can get these free with some work is a bit misleading. It be more accurate to say they might be able to get these free with some work. The standard Harmy’s sure but the this set requires access to MySpleen which not everyone has.

Myspleen yes is needed unless there is a gentle person out there who would give links by PM

Author
Time

DonShockley said:

First of all, let me apologize to the original creator of this artwork. The source pdf file got seperated from the folder with the name of who I downloaded it from so I lost track of the creator. But I thank you. My small contribution is nothing more than basic rearranging and miniscule modification of your outstanding work to meet my particular needs.

That was me. No apology necessary. This reminded me, I’ve continued to work on that set of artwork since I uploaded it, I ought to make the finished version available. Will probably post it here at some point this weekend.

The Hobbit: Roadshow Edition

Author
Time

Sending a link and posting a link are the same thing? Oh shit, sorry about all the porn I’ve been posting guys.

Author
Time

Lol…to clarify, you can send links via PM. You can’t post links in the forum, which is why I only quoted that part of the post.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

njvc said:

Can everyone here please follow me in reporting this asshole to EBAY?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Blu-Ray-ORIGINAL-THEATRICAL-VERSION-Despecialized-Edition-Box-Set-/262953391703

Hey everyone, I’m new here but have been following along for the last month or so. I have no words to describe how infuriating something like this is.

All the hard work by everyone involved with Despecialized. The valuable input and effort from all of you during the construction of these wonderful BD sets and amazing covers. And here is someone just cashing in on it. What a POS.

By the way thanks for putting these BDs together, they’re fantastic. And thanks to everyone who contributed to the creation of these fantastic case slips, simply wonderful!

Edit: Definitely will be reporting these ebay clowns mentioned in previous posts.

Author
Time

I don’t know if this has been asked but NJVC have you considered making a custom prequel trilogy blu-ray set? Having episodes I,II, and III with the same menu and bonus material format that you did for the Despecialized Editions would really be awesome.

Author
Time

Anyone by chance have a list of checksums for all of these ISOs that they can post here or PM me? I don’t see any in the OP or on MySpleen.

Sorry for asking, I’m kind of a stickler when it comes to verifying file integrity.

Author
Time

CarterStarkiller said:

I don’t know if this has been asked but NJVC have you considered making a custom prequel trilogy blu-ray set? Having episodes I,II, and III with the same menu and bonus material format that you did for the Despecialized Editions would really be awesome.

Sorry mate, not going to happen. L8wrtr’s edits are my go to. I made the blurays for his versions if interested to seek those out, but they don’t have the same set of features as the OT ones.

Author
Time

ThePJzer said:

Anyone by chance have a list of checksums for all of these ISOs that they can post here or PM me? I don’t see any in the OP or on MySpleen.

Sorry for asking, I’m kind of a stickler when it comes to verifying file integrity.

I am exactly the same 😃.

But there isn’t any need to worry about checksums for torrent downloads. As I understand it, the .torrent file contains a hash list (the SHA-1 checksums of the pieces concatenated together). As each piece of the file has finished downloading, your bittorrent client automatically checks that the checksum agrees with that contained in the .torrent file. If it doesn’t, the piece is discarded and downloaded again.

If you want peace of mind, it is possible to verify a completed torrent download from within most (all?) clients. In utorrent 2.2.1, for example, just stop the torrent seeding, right-click it, and select “Force Re-Check”. You don’t need to be online for this to work; the client simply runs through every single piece of your downloaded file(s) in the torrent, verifying all the checksums once again against your local copy of the .torrent file.

The only time you should ever need to manually compare checksums against somebody else who has the file is if you have concerns that the torrent may be fake i.e. not the version you thought you were downloading. Assuming you obtained njvc’s work from the usual source, this isn’t an issue.

Hope this helps,
Bluto