Sign In

Star Wars Despecialized Editions - Custom Bluray Set — Page 22

Author
Time
 (Edited)

njvc, if I may ask, what font did you use for the menu screens? I looked back through the the topic, but couldn’t find and mention of it.

Author
Time

I’m thinking about putting together a box to hold the Blu Ray cases for this set. Does anyone have a high-res copy of the Despecialized version of the Definitive Collection logo from the laserdisc box set? I looked through a bunch of threads here but couldn’t find a good link, and the only version I have is too small for this. Thanks!

Author
Time

RoccondilRinon said:

It’s a combination of two separate fonts: the uppercase is Trajan, and the lowercase is Albertus small caps. I’d advise getting the originals.

cool, thanks for the info. I will check into those as well.

Author
Time

njvc said:

Don’t know if this has been mentioned yet, but I throughly enjoyed the easter egg on the ROTJ disc. Thank you njvc!

Author
Time

Glad you found it 😃

Has anyone here had issues burning the Star Wars Despecialized 50GB to disc? A few people over at Myspleen have been saying it’s been a problem.

I know for certain that some of you have burned the file without a problem, so would be good to figure out where the issue lies.

FYI, one of these people tried downloading the MEGA version and had the same issue, so it’s not just the myspleen torrent that is faulty.

Author
Time

njvc said:

Glad you found it 😃

Has anyone here had issues burning the Star Wars Despecialized 50GB to disc? A few people over at Myspleen have been saying it’s been a problem.

I know for certain that some of you have burned the file without a problem, so would be good to figure out where the issue lies.

FYI, one of these people tried downloading the MEGA version and had the same issue, so it’s not just the myspleen torrent that is faulty.

I burned ANH 50GB and ESB 50GB and had zero issues. i haven’t burned ROTJ 50GB yet. i would blame cheap media before i would blame your files.

Author
Time

ok thanks dahmage. Hey, do you mind reposting a link to the artwork you created? I’ll add it to the OP if that’s cool with you.

Author
Time

njvc said:

ok thanks dahmage. Hey, do you mind reposting a link to the artwork you created? I’ll add it to the OP if that’s cool with you.

stardork had pointed out that i used one of the wrong fox logos on my ROTJ insert, so i should probably fix that, will PM you the link when that is done

Author
Time

I’ve burned all the 50gb discs (Imgburn onto Verbatim discs via a Pioneer burner) and have no issues playing them back on my PS3. They don’t work in my Panasonic Blu-ray player, but I’ve found that’s true of all 50gb discs, so nothing specific to these.

Author
Time

I’ve burned everything except for the De-2.0 ESB main disc and no issues burning or playing back anything.

Author
Time

for what its worth, i have been using a pioneer burner, BD50 verbatim m-disc, and samsung blu-ray player.

Author
Time

The only issue that I have had is with the ROTJ 25gb discs in my PS3: after the main titles are on screen for a while, instead of cycling back around, the disc goes into a black screen/black hole abyss that cannot be escaped except through ejecting the disc and reinserting. It will then play with no problems. This has happened 3 or 4 times.

Author
Time

What are the odds that, despite actively keeping up with all of the main Despecialized threads, I didn’t find out about this amazing Blu-ray set until this time yesterday, which just so happens to coincide with the beginning of an unexpected freeleech period at the spleen?

(On a related note, in just that time I’ve already gotten all of the double layer options of the films and all the documentary discs.)

Author
Time

I just recently finished burning the BD25 film only version of Star Wars onto a BD50-RE disc and there seems to be some motion smearing compared to the BD25-R disc I burned of the same version.

This may not be the kind of problem you’re looking for, njvc, as it’s probably just on my end, but would anyone know why this may be happening for me? I’ve used Imgburn for all burning. The BD50-Re discs are 2x and the BD25-R’s 6x write speed.

youtube.com/c/StarWarsComparison

Author
Time

The same ISO just on different discs is resulting in image smearing on just one disc? Are you playing it back with the same player?

If everything else in your setup is the same, I would say that either there are actual read errors due to the poorer quality of one of the discs (though I don’t think I would describe that as smearing), or perhaps you’re just now noticing it on the second one under more scrutiny?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Yes, same player and everything.

I’m beginning to think that it is the actual burner itself. I originally had some BD25-RE I tried using, but apparently they had less space on them then the BD25-Rs I have, so I had to opt to overburn. I usually got several I/O errors before the burner actually got it all on the disc, but compared to the BD25-R’s, the frame rate suffered. I say this because I not too long ago woke up and had Jedi burning overnight, which results in an I/O error. I restarted the burning the process and not even 15 minutes later I got another I/O error. Here’s the screenshot:

I think I’ll be returning this burner and ordering a new one then. At least I have the writable discs to rely on in the mean time. Thanks for your help, Towne.

youtube.com/c/StarWarsComparison

Author
Time

Yes, it sounds like the burner. The issues with the discs are likely due to the write errors you had, the quality of the RE/R media, or both. I would throw out any discs that had write errors. Or at least “verify” them with IMGburn.

Author
Time

Just a heads up that I will be removing the edits from MEGA in the coming days. If you are yet to download the set and would like to do so, feel free to PM me (asap), otherwise they will still be available via myspleen.

Thanks to everyone here who chipped in on these forums for your encouragement and assistance in getting these blurays finished. It was a pleasure working on them and sharing them with you all. Hopefully those that downloaded them have enjoyed what they’ve seen.

I’ve decided to retire from fan-editing to work on other things, so if anyone would like to adapt these blurays for future releases of the Despecialized editions, please feel free to do so with my blessing. But the simplest method would be to swap out the new video (when Harmy releases it) with the outdated version using multiAVCHD.

Thanks again, and best wishes,

njvc

Author
Time

njvc said:

Just a heads up that I will be removing the edits from MEGA in the coming days. If you are yet to download the set and would like to do so, feel free to PM me (asap), otherwise they will still be available via myspleen.

Thanks to everyone here who chipped in on these forums for your encouragement and assistance in getting these blurays finished. It was a pleasure working on them and sharing them with you all. Hopefully those that downloaded them have enjoyed what they’ve seen.

I’ve decided to retire from fan-editing to work on other things, so if anyone would like to adapt these blurays for future releases of the Despecialized editions, please feel free to do so with my blessing. But the simplest method would be to swap out the new video (when Harmy releases it) with the outdated version using multiAVCHD.

Thanks again, and best wishes,

njvc

Thanks tons man! I have finally decided to throw in some cash for a pioneer blu Ray Burner and will hopefully get your full trilogy set burned 😃 again, thanks so much. They now have the professional presentation, packaging and bonus features of an Offical release 😉

Return of the Jedi: Remastered

Lord of the Rings: The Darth Rush Definitives