Sign In

Star Wars Despecialized Editions - Custom Bluray Set (Released) — Page 67

Author
Time
 (Edited)

MusicallyInspired said:

A Bluray burner is $60 on Newegg. That’s pretty cheap nowadays. It’s not an unobtainable thing.

Good point, but why buy a Blu Ray burner just for these discs? Might as well just pay the $60 for the deluxe edition the greedy dude is selling and be done with it. Bandwith is terrible for many people too. Not to mention data caps and unreliable connections. Someone suggested going back and forth to a public library to download the files in parts, and that’s an option, but it’s not a practicle one. A good alternative to the mkv versions that I suggested earlier would be to download the full 50gig ISOs if bandwith and hard drive space isn’t an issue and run them off your PC through PowerDVD. If you have a good PC setup connected to your TV it’s just as good as having the physical Blu Rays.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

ZodWriter said:

MusicallyInspired said:

A Bluray burner is $60 on Newegg. That’s pretty cheap nowadays. It’s not an unobtainable thing.

Good point, but why buy a Blu Ray burner just for these discs? Might as well just pay the $60 for the deluxe edition the greedy dude is selling and be done with it.

If you can buy a blu ray burner and learn to to burn discs you have acquired skills and equipment required to also burn many other projects to disc - ie, other Star Wars Fan Edits / Preservations on here - and are also in a position to even to help others out too, if so minded, and able.

Let alone not giving money to a bunch of freeloading money-grabbing leeches 😃

 

Of course, there are other ways other than having to watch films via disc these days - the humble usb drive will play films on many a modern tv set - or through a dvd player with that usb function, or something like a chromecast type device (especially useful for older tv’s), or a media centre set-up of sorts.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? 
Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
 
Welcome | About | Help | How do I do this on the OT.com? | Announcements | General Assistance |
Site Timeline | Forum Rules | Fan Edit & Preservation Rules + FAQs | Signature Rules | MySpleen Info

Author
Time
 (Edited)

oojason said:

ZodWriter said:

MusicallyInspired said:

A Bluray burner is $60 on Newegg. That’s pretty cheap nowadays. It’s not an unobtainable thing.

Good point, but why buy a Blu Ray burner just for these discs? Might as well just pay the $60 for the deluxe edition the greedy dude is selling and be done with it.

If you can buy a blu ray burner and learn to to burn discs you have acquired skills and equipment required to also burn many other projects to disc - ie, other Star Wars Fan Edits / Preservations on here - and are also in a position to even to help others out too, if so minded, and able.

Let alone not giving money to a bunch of freeloading money-grabbing leeches 😃

I absolutely agree. I’m just playing devil’s advocate for the average Joe. We live in a convenience driven society. Most people asking for discs are NOT looking for multiple fan edits and learning how to have an in home Blu Ray factory, they just wanna watch the original Star Wars Trilogy. 😃

Author
Time

Or you could resell the burner (to someone here even) or hold onto it until the next Despecialized (1080p) or 4k77 or whatever you like comes out, so that you don’t pay yet another scumbag for those. 😃

Author
Time

I considered buying a Blu Ray writer a while ago, but decided I would be happier with multiple terabyte hard drives and a Blu Ray player instead. Space, a good internet connection, a smart TV and a reasonable computer go a long way.

Author
Time

Ryan said:

Many of us can turn off our modem and turn it back on to change IP address. Can you change your IP address to get around the download cap from Mega?

I guess it would be worth trying in the future when the next releases drop.

The NJVC Custom Bluray Set of Harmy’s Despecialized Editions is available on Mega.

Go to this thread

Author
Time

solkap said:

Ryan said:

Many of us can turn off our modem and turn it back on to change IP address. Can you change your IP address to get around the download cap from Mega?

I guess it would be worth trying in the future when the next releases drop.

I’m waiting on the next release to download them. That will give me time to figure out all the burning stuff as my Blu-Ray burner has a bunch of settings I don’t yet understand. And it will also give me time to settle on the artwork. I’ve got an Epson 1400 inkjet to print my discs with.

Author
Time

Ryan said:

solkap said:

Ryan said:

Many of us can turn off our modem and turn it back on to change IP address. Can you change your IP address to get around the download cap from Mega?

I guess it would be worth trying in the future when the next releases drop.

I’m waiting on the next release to download them. That will give me time to figure out all the burning stuff as my Blu-Ray burner has a bunch of settings I don’t yet understand. And it will also give me time to settle on the artwork. I’ve got an Epson 1400 inkjet to print my discs with.

The versions that are available now are quite wonderful. I don’t have them burned to Blu Ray discs but I have the 3 50gig ISO images on my PC running off an external hard drive through PowerDVD. The results are simply marvelous! I don’t miss out by not having them burned and for when I only want to see the films without extras I put the mkv files onto my media server which works just as amazingly. There is a plethora of options for enjoying these edits. 😃

Author
Time

Hey, not everyone is blessed with a copy of PowerDVD, and unless you took advantage of the New Year’s 90% off sale, it’s quite expensive. That kind of goes against your point for the “average Joe”. 😉

Author
Time

MusicallyInspired said:

Hey, not everyone is blessed with a copy of PowerDVD, and unless you took advantage of the New Year’s 90% off sale, it’s quite expensive. That kind of goes against your point for the “average Joe”. 😉

There are other free Blu Ray software programs for PCs. I’ve used a couple different ones. PowerDVD is the best one in my opinion, and it came bundled with my internal Blu Ray/DVD/CD drive I bought for my computer. Those are considerably cheaper than Blu Ray writers.

Author
Time

Let’s try to evaluate a situation that one would be in given how people actually think:

  • Option A: Go the route we think of as morally correct. First, one would have to find a way to download these files. Most will opt for the single-file download, as the multi-part wars are way too persnickety for most people to care for. If you are not so lucky as to be blessed with good Internet connection, then this might take a while. Sure, you could go to the public library, but there’s more hurdles than you think there. Firstly, the Internet there might not be any better; secondly, you have to make time for going there. Not all people can do that, there’s things like work and school and family and various other scheduling conflicts. Now, let’s say that you clear this hurdle. Now you need a Blu-ray burner. If you don’t have one already built-in to your computer (most people don’t), then you must buy one. We’re already at a major stumbling block here. People don’t like money being attached to anything. An app that costs five cents is likely to do much worse than an app that’s free, no matter how little the price difference is or how great the difference in quality. But let’s say that you do buy a Blu-ray burner. Now you have to hope that all the software works for it, and learn the software. Pass all these hurdles, and boom, you have your Star Wars disc.

  • Option B: Go the route we think of as morally irresponsible. Let’s lay out the steps for this one: first, have the means to buy a pre-made disk, buy it, and then enjoy. It’s really as simple as buying toilet paper from Amazon, most of the time.

  • Option C: Do nothing. This option is implicit in almost all choices.

Pressed to make a choice, most people would choose option C — that’s what most people do in situations with stakes like these. If one is inclined to do something, option B requires way less effort, for the same reward, so most people would choose that. Remember, most people don’t have the same moral compass we do about these sorts of things.

Any argument that makes the point of “it’s not REALLY that hard” or “this is how you SHOULD think” is missing the point. People don’t think nobly most of the time. It’s true of all of us. It’s just human nature. While yes, to us here, option A didn’t seem like a lot when we did it, that’s only because we’re here — and people here are different from the general population. What I wrote is how people think of things. If you accept these principles, it’s perfectly logical to see why people take the ‘B’ train.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Indeed The B train is the quick and easy path. 😃 Leading of course to the darkside.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

yhwx said:

Let’s try to evaluate a situation that one would be in given how people actually think:

  • Option A: Go the route we think of as morally correct. First, one would have to find a way to download these files. Most will opt for the single-file download, as the multi-part wars are way too persnickety for most people to care for. If you are not so lucky as to be blessed with good Internet connection, then this might take a while. Sure, you could go to the public library, but there’s more hurdles than you think there. Firstly, the Internet there might not be any better; secondly, you have to make time for going there. Not all people can do that, there’s things like work and school and family and various other scheduling conflicts. Now, let’s say that you clear this hurdle. Now you need a Blu-ray burner. If you don’t have one already built-in to your computer (most people don’t), then you must buy one. We’re already at a major stumbling block here. People don’t like money being attached to anything. An app that costs five cents is likely to do much worse than an app that’s free, no matter how little the price difference is or how great the difference in quality. But let’s say that you do buy a Blu-ray burner. Now you have to hope that all the software works for it, and learn the software. Pass all these hurdles, and boom, you have your Star Wars disc.

  • Option B: Go the route we think of as morally irresponsible. Let’s lay out the steps for this one: first, have the means to buy a pre-made disk, buy it, and then enjoy. It’s really as simple as buying toilet paper from Amazon, most of the time.

  • Option C: Do nothing. This option is implicit in almost all choices.

Pressed to make a choice, most people would choose option C — that’s what most people do in situations with stakes like these. If one is inclined to do something, option B requires way less effort, for the same reward, so most people would choose that. Remember, most people don’t have the same moral compass we do about these sorts of things.

Any argument that makes the point of “it’s not REALLY that hard” or “this is how you SHOULD think” is missing the point. People don’t think nobly most of the time. It’s true of all of us. It’s just human nature. While yes, to us here, option A didn’t seem like a lot when we did it, that’s only because we’re here — and people here are different from the general population. What I wrote is how people think of things. If you accept these principles, it’s perfectly logical to see why people take the ‘B’ train.

Yes, but all this only adds up to the sum of people who absolutely need to own it on a disc. I think an enormous amount of people (especially within certain age ranges) are perfectly comfortable with downloading an MKV or even some smaller transcoded version on a public tracker. Hell, even VPNs are now a part of common conversation and not just a topic for nerds/pirates.

Not everyone, obviously, will want to pass up physical media. And I’m aware that this is the thread specifically dedicated to the discs. But when faced with the options of ‘pay for overpriced burned discs’, ‘do nothing’, or ‘download free MKV’, the third option is going to rank significantly in some people’s decisions, even if they might have gone for the discs if they were more convenient.

Author
Time

Hey guys, after following the instructions I’m confused as to which folder link in the Notepad file (NJVC OOT BR MLS) is for The Return of the Jedi 25GB disc.

I only want to download the movie discs for now, but I’m all a bit confused as to which ones they are. Sorry for the newbie question but I could do with the help of an Original Trilogy Jedi master right now.

Thanks!

Author
Time

Hi MuffinMan!

The folder links are only there to use if you want to import the files to your own mega.nz account. They are way too big to be of much use for straight downloading.

As far as an ROTJ 25GB disc, there isn’t one.

NJVC’s ISO’s require the follwing sized discs:

SW - 50 GB Dual Layer Blu-ray
ESB - 50 GB Dual Layer Blu-ray
ROTJ - 50 GB Dual Layer Blu-ray

SW Documentaries - 25 GB Blu-ray
ESB Documentaries - 25 GB Blu-ray
ROTJ Documentaries - 50 GB Dual Layer Blu-ray

The ROTJ Extras Disc has so much stuff on it that it needs a 50 GB Disc just like the main feature.

As far as what links you need, if you are looking to download the ROTJ Documentaries, scroll down to where it says:

-----------------------------------
Return of The Jedi BD 50 Docs Links
-----------------------------------

Under that it will say "Folder Link:"
Under that there will be a single weblink which you can ignore for the reason I mentioned above.
Under that it will say "File Links for FreeRapid Downloader:"
And under that there will be a long list of mega links.

^Those will be the links you need to download if you are using my guide to get the NJVC ROTJ Documentaries ISO.

They are all pieces of the ISO file, split into smaller chunks so you can download a really huge ISO file in smaller parts instead of all at once.

The NJVC Custom Bluray Set of Harmy’s Despecialized Editions is available on Mega.

Go to this thread

Author
Time

solkap said:

Hi MuffinMan!

The folder links are only there to use if you want to import the files to your own mega.nz account. They are way too big to be of much use for straight downloading.

As far as an ROTJ 25GB disc, there isn’t one.

NJVC’s ISO’s require the follwing sized discs:

SW - 50 GB Dual Layer Blu-ray
ESB - 50 GB Dual Layer Blu-ray
ROTJ - 50 GB Dual Layer Blu-ray

SW Documentaries - 25 GB Blu-ray
ESB Documentaries - 25 GB Blu-ray
ROTJ Documentaries - 50 GB Dual Layer Blu-ray

The ROTJ Extras Disc has so much stuff on it that it needs a 50 GB Disc just like the main feature.

As far as what links you need, if you are looking to download the ROTJ Documentaries, scroll down to where it says:

-----------------------------------
Return of The Jedi BD 50 Docs Links
-----------------------------------

Under that it will say "Folder Link:"
Under that there will be a single weblink which you can ignore for the reason I mentioned above.
Under that it will say "File Links for FreeRapid Downloader:"
And under that there will be a long list of mega links.

^Those will be the links you need to download if you are using my guide to get the NJVC ROTJ Documentaries ISO.

They are all pieces of the ISO file, split into smaller chunks so you can download a really huge ISO file in smaller parts instead of all at once.

Hi solkap, thank you ever so much. I suppose what I’m really looking for is each movie and those awesome custom main menus. Mainly because I already own the Complete Saga set with all the nice extras. What we’re prepared to do for our love of Star Wars! 😃

Author
Time

OK, cool!

In that case do everything the same as what I said above, but use the links the following headings instead:

-----------------------------------
Star Wars BD 50 Links
-----------------------------------

-----------------------------------
Empire Strikes Back BD 50 Links
-----------------------------------

-----------------------------------
Return of The Jedi BD 50 Links
-----------------------------------

The NJVC Custom Bluray Set of Harmy’s Despecialized Editions is available on Mega.

Go to this thread

Author
Time

When it comes to burning the disks for me it’s not the technical skills, it’s simply the fact that I don’t have the blu-ray burner 😦 oh well. I guess I’m stuck with DVDs.

TPM ROTJ ESB TFA TLJ TROS ROTS ANH SOLO RO ATOC
TFA:R https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/TFA-A-Gentle-Restructure-Released/id/50117
TLJ:R https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/The-Last-Jedi-Rekindled-Released-V3-UPDATE/id/61939
TROS:A https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/The-Rise-of-Skywalker-Ascendant-WIP/id/71835/page/1

Author
Time

That is a choice. Or you could bite the bullet and buy a blu-ray burner.

OR you can download the ISOs and watch them after mounting them as a virtual drive.

The NJVC Custom Bluray Set of Harmy’s Despecialized Editions is available on Mega.

Go to this thread

Author
Time

Hi guys,

I have some problem with Star Wars (A new hope) movie, when I try to extract files an error show up. Can anyone help me with this? I’ll be really grateful. I’m using 7zip.

MTFBWY

Author
Time

Have you tried using another extractor, like winrar or peazip? Sometimes that does the trick.

Beyond that, we need more information to help. What specifically does the error say?

The NJVC Custom Bluray Set of Harmy’s Despecialized Editions is available on Mega.

Go to this thread

Author
Time
 (Edited)

solkap said:

Have you tried using another extractor, like winrar or peazip? Sometimes that does the trick.

Beyond that, we need more information to help. What specifically does the error say?

problem solved, I had to download some files once more and now everything is fine.

Author
Time

I downloaded the blu-ray discs (Thanks njvc!) but haven’t been able to catch Pulp Empire online on fanedit.info. Is it permanently down/unavailable?