Sign In

Star Wars Despecialized Editions - Custom Bluray Set (Released) — Page 20

Author
Time

Has anyone been able to successfully unpack the rotj 25gb doco disc? I’ve had a report of difficulties with that one.

Author
Time

I’m downloading right now. Will let you know the outcome…

Author
Time

Just unpacking (which is all I’ve done so far) worked for me. Unrar program should tell them which rar file is broken, if it failed during unrar.
I didn’t check the ISO after extracting though.

Author
Time

There are 38 parts, and apparently the rar program was asking for part 39. Very strange. Good to hear it worked for you SnooPac. Would you mind playing the ISO to make sure it’s not corrupted and let me know please?

Author
Time

JDownloader 2 did not want to unpack, but I was able to unpack with The Unarchiver (Mac). Mounted the ISO and it seems to play fine in VLC, from what I could tell in my 5 minutes of scanning various chapters…

Author
Time

I won’t have it downloaded here to check until a few hours. And I’ll be sleeping then, so I wouldnt be able to check until tomorrow at the earliest.
But in the meantime, I did a sha256 check:

$ sha256sum “ROTJ Documentaries BD25.iso”
12feaa8b386c18bdcdd5922f42a7c71ecba5484167aea100986bfaf9aa98cb58 ROTJ Documentaries BD25.iso

Author
Time

Thanks, looks like it’s ok afterall.

Author
Time

The disc plays fine in my Sony Blu Ray player. I’m sorry but I don’t remember the model number right now. But I went through the whole menu and everything plays fine.

Author
Time

hi all,
i was wondering if anyone in this forum could help me out,
i am from Australia and as you would all know, we have horrible internet, both up and down speeds,
if anyone would be so awesome as to burn me the Blu-rays listed that would be awesome
(i don’t condone piracy, i just want to experience star wars as they were intended to be)
i am more then happy to pay for shipping and re-reimbursement of Blu-rays,
thanks 😃

Author
Time

Thanks again for the hard work; the discs and materials are really very cool. I was able to unpack the doco ROTJ without any issues using JDownloader, basically using the same process for the other discs. Burned them with img burn and verified playback in my PS3…everything is lovely. I am also working on a boxed set so once my materials arrive, maybe I can post some pics…

thanks again

Author
Time

I have now uploaded all 3 fanedits to Mega (Pulp Empire BD25, War of the Stars I and II DVD9, Adywan’s SW Revisited DVD5) for those who would like to create the same 9 disc set that I am currently putting together.

Pulp Empire BD25: features include 5 audio tracks (including 5.1 surround main audio, two commentaries, a podcast interview, and an alternate music track), About this Edit featurette, Alternate ending and Trailer.

War of the Stars I&II DVD9: This double feature (approved by TMBTM) is themed as a trip to a 1970’s grindhouse cinema, playing both of the films. It includes both films and bonus features from each disc, as well as motion menus and chapter index, all themed as a 70’s cinema experience.

Adywan’s Star Wars Revisted DVD5: This is Adywan’s official DVD release, with no changes. I have re-uploaded it for the convenience of those who want to download the full set.

PM me if interested in the fanedit set. Full artwork pack to follow.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

If you downloaded the first version of the ROTJ BD50 disc, and want to get the new HD menu without downloading another 50 GB (perhaps you have a monthly cap or something like that), i have a way you can download just 200+ MB and convert the original download into the updated one!

i used xdelta to create a binary diff of the two files (http://xdelta.org/).
this is how i created it it:
xdelta3 -9 -S lzma -B 2000000000 -W 16777216 -I 0 -P 16777216 -e -s "Return of the Jedi Despecialized BD50.iso.old" "Return of the Jedi Despecialized BD50.iso" "Return of the Jedi Despecialized BD50.xdelta"

you can find this on most linux repos (and via macports), and get windows binaries here: https://github.com/jmacd/xdelta-gpl/releases/tag/v3.0.11

to apply the diff/delta, you need the original iso (renamed to .old), plus my patch file which you can get here: https://mega.nz/#F!Eo5kDLZA!RN2auJSFvwoTZv9kv7U5oA

xdelta3 -d -s "Return of the Jedi Despecialized BD50.iso.old" "Return of the Jedi Despecialized BD50.xdelta" "Return of the Jedi Despecialized BD50.iso"

this should get you the updated file (sha256sum):
819e30e6ddf616a95e0818dfa86f3fecc0b3014b27cbc4189fac3f08856eb87d Return of the Jedi Despecialized BD50.iso

Author
Time

Guys,

Because I’m stupid, how do I embed images in this danged post? I shared a few designs with njvc and he thought I should share them here.

Author
Time

JMoomer said:

Guys,

Because I’m stupid, how do I embed images in this danged post? I shared a few designs with njvc and he thought I should share them here.

its not because you are stupid, its because markdown is arcane.

try this format for an embedded pic:
![](http://your_picture_url_here_i_suggest_using_imgur.com/becuase/its/free)

Author
Time

No, no. There is a modicum of stupidity involved. There have been so many unfinished Criterion-esque covers that I thought I’d create some unfinished ones of my own. I’m still tweaking them, plus I won’t consider them final until the cases arrive and the test prints look correct. Because the two-disc Criterion cases were sold out on Casetopia, I opted for three-disc sets as well. But unlike njvc, my third disc is the grindhouse version of each. At the moment, I have two designs of each because I like reversible covers, though for Jedi, I may replace the droids cover with non-reversible Ewoks that are revealed when discs are removed (TBD when the cases arrive). Of course, someone can use just one cover and use whatever interior artwork they fancy.

These aren’t done yet in my eyes. I’m open to friendly, supportive, nurturing opinions (and proofreading!) because I just do this for fun. Please don’t ruin my fun.

Also, I initially started out making the discs thematically the same as if they all came as a set, but I got bored of that rather quickly. Instead, each disc is meant to stand on its own.

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Enjoy.

Author
Time

Fuck that’s good!!

(excuse my language)

Can we expect links to these covers soon! Best art I’ve seen by far for Custom Star Wars sets, I’ve spent hours looking at custom art and this tops all!!

Great work again!

It doesn’t hurt to offer help, but it always hurts to disregard those that do.

Author
Time

Thanks a fuckin’ lot, Vexed.

(excuse my language)

Thank you for the kind words, Vexed.

The goal was always to make something that could sit undetected next to the other Criterions. I’m CLOSE. Obviously, I could use the Criterion logo and such, but this is more fun.

The cases that I ordered should arrive this week. In a perfect world, everything fits and looks nice when printed and inserted. If not, I’ll fix stuff. Also, I just started some disc art. Also, every time I look at the images, I adjust something, so I’ll need to stop fussing. Maybe I’ll have something final within the next week or two? I can’t assign a deadline to a hobby (I just can’t), but I also really want to see them on my shelf.

Thanks again.

Author
Time

Those covers are amazing.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I am trying to post a pic, and I don’t know what in the hell I am doing, but what the hell…it’s worth a shot. A couple of weeks ago I asked if anyone had ever used a site “casetopia.com” and although I didn’t get any response, I took a shot and ordered some cases from them.

Firstly, the website does look a bit shady, but the prices are pretty cheap, plus they ship to Poland, unlike Criterion… Also, here a few snaps of my box set work in progress…thanks again for all the hard work and art work shared!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Finally got to burn all three movies today not too long ago and they are fantastic. One little thing though, my player doesn’t start reading(that might be the wrong term) the disc immediately, so most of the drum roll for the opening 20th Century Fox logo gets cut off before the sound catches up. Would increasing the delay before the movie starts be something you might consider implementing in the future?

P.S. This isn’t exclusive to the movie starting, but whenever clips/interfaces/sections of the disc are qued(ex. the Harmy Film intro).

youtube.com/c/StarWarsComparison

Author
Time

All these covers are making me feel quite inadequate, but here’s my own contribution. I’ve deliberately kept details of this specific release off the individual covers, so you could use them for any release of the Despecialized Editions. I’ve done a 10-disc version (for people who can only do 25GB discs), disc art and a simple 12-page booklet as well, and I’ll be putting them all in a single zip file and uploading them soon. They’ll be better image quality than you can see here, I’ll be exporting them as pdfs not jpegs; this is just for the sake of having a preview.

Any comments, suggestions or requests are more than welcome.

Box set cover

Star Wars cover

The Empire Strikes Back cover

Return of the Jedi cover

I’m also planning on a variant of this set including Adywan’s Revisited edits, for when they’re all finished.

The Hobbit: Roadshow Edition

Author
Time

I forgot to add that the “box” in my boxed set is just an empty Lord of the Rings extended edition Blu-ray set box I found on Ebay. I wanted something stronger than just a cardboard box, and basically disassembled the original, added the minimalist artwork and then put the box back together…

Author
Time

JMoomer said:

No, no. There is a modicum of stupidity involved. There have been so many unfinished Criterion-esque covers that I thought I’d create some unfinished ones of my own. I’m still tweaking them, plus I won’t consider them final until the cases arrive and the test prints look correct. Because the two-disc Criterion cases were sold out on Casetopia, I opted for three-disc sets as well. But unlike njvc, my third disc is the grindhouse version of each. At the moment, I have two designs of each because I like reversible covers, though for Jedi, I may replace the droids cover with non-reversible Ewoks that are revealed when discs are removed (TBD when the cases arrive). Of course, someone can use just one cover and use whatever interior artwork they fancy.

These aren’t done yet in my eyes. I’m open to friendly, supportive, nurturing opinions (and proofreading!) because I just do this for fun. Please don’t ruin my fun.

Also, I initially started out making the discs thematically the same as if they all came as a set, but I got bored of that rather quickly. Instead, each disc is meant to stand on its own.

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Enjoy.

Very nice. Would you mind making disc art as well?

Author
Time

dahmage said:

If you downloaded the first version of the ROTJ BD50 disc, and want to get the new HD menu without downloading another 50 GB (perhaps you have a monthly cap or something like that), i have a way you can download just 200+ MB and convert the original download into the updated one!

i used xdelta to create a binary diff of the two files (http://xdelta.org/).
this is how i created it it:
xdelta3 -9 -S lzma -B 2000000000 -W 16777216 -I 0 -P 16777216 -e -s "Return of the Jedi Despecialized BD50.iso.old" "Return of the Jedi Despecialized BD50.iso" "Return of the Jedi Despecialized BD50.xdelta"

you can find this on most linux repos (and via macports), and get windows binaries here: https://github.com/jmacd/xdelta-gpl/releases/tag/v3.0.11

to apply the diff/delta, you need the original iso (renamed to .old), plus my patch file which you can get here: https://mega.nz/#F!Eo5kDLZA!RN2auJSFvwoTZv9kv7U5oA

xdelta3 -d -s "Return of the Jedi Despecialized BD50.iso.old" "Return of the Jedi Despecialized BD50.xdelta" "Return of the Jedi Despecialized BD50.iso"

this should get you the updated file (sha256sum):
819e30e6ddf616a95e0818dfa86f3fecc0b3014b27cbc4189fac3f08856eb87d Return of the Jedi Despecialized BD50.iso

Does anyone still have the original ISO around and willing to verify that this works for them (i know it works for me, but i am wanting to make sure the process is easy for others before suggesting this to users on myspleen who downloaded the first BD50 iso).

Author
Time

This is an off topic question but does anyone know how to print the disc labels? I have a printer and a mac. Anyone have suggestions for types of paper, and steps for how to print? Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is the last step in completing my collection.