Sign In

Star Wars DVD Covers — Page 168

Author
Time

Are  you speaking to me?

If you are, I'm not Boon.

I don't know who Boon is.

“Anakin had those qualities so rarely seen, exuding an unmistakable confidence and yet still able to touch one’s heart in simply knowing how he was so flawed… wounded.”

Author
Time

I did figure that out actually. Do you like how they solicit donations on their website? Oh and "YOU MUST OWN AN OFFICIALLY RELEASED VERSION TO LEGALLY WATCH A FANEDIT." Is that supposed to be legal advice? ROFL. If someone gets sued for dling a fanedit, they can say in court fanedit.org told me it was legal.

As a side-note many of the movies I dl that I don't own, if I like it I go and buy the DVD (or order it online). That's why I have like 300 DVD, lolz.

I'm actually trying to make covers, but I really have no idea what I'm doing so it's going to take a lot longer than I thought. HAHAHAHA.

__Valeyard.net

Author
Time

Oo! Nice!

<span style=“font-weight: bold;”>The Most Handsomest Guy on OT.com</span>

Author
Time

*drops jaw* ah crap, this is what I'm up against?? That looks so freaking good. About 1000% better than the 2006 official packaging.

AVP, could you possibly please upload just the pics of the posters exactly how you used them, but without any logos etc on them?

__Valeyard.net

Author
Time

RU.08 said:

I did figure that out actually. Do you like how they solicit donations on their website? Oh and "YOU MUST OWN AN OFFICIALLY RELEASED VERSION TO LEGALLY WATCH A FANEDIT." Is that supposed to be legal advice? ROFL. If someone gets sued for dling a fanedit, they can say in court fanedit.org told me it was legal.

As a side-note many of the movies I dl that I don't own, if I like it I go and buy the DVD (or order it online). That's why I have like 300 DVD, lolz.

Ah, thanks for clearing up the fact that you are a pirate. :-/

Author
Time

Could I get the links to these?

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/7867/setmu5.jpg

Author
Time

Photobucket

Ive been watching this thread for sometime admiring a lot of the work here so i thought id share a different take on the old "face" covers. I hated the font and colors on the originals but liked the design ideas. I also thought that Yoda did not fit the cover theme well. I am going to work on matching covers for the prequels. I have no idea if these are printable they are large but i dont use cover art for printing purposes so if anyone wants them i cannot make any promises. I use cover art for my visualizations using media browser for my media collection.

 

Author
Time

Photobucket

I decided on this alternate version of A New Hope and would like your opinions on it. To me vaders helmet seemed out of continuity with the other covers due to the fact that the others have the neck and chest that fade into the mini scenes in the bottom left corner but they had vaders head just floating in the air. I added the chest piece and cape which for continuity in the covers meant i had to remove the death star from the right side of the image.

Author
Time

Spyderbyte said: I have no idea if these are printable they are large but i dont use cover art for printing purposes so if anyone wants them i cannot make any promises. I use cover art for my visualizations using media browser for my media collection.

 

Standard procedure for DVD covers is 3240 x 2175 @ 300 dpi for a standard DVD case.  That makes the front and back covers 1535 wide each and the spine 170 wide

My outlook on life - we’re all on the Hindenburg anyway…no point fighting over the window seat.

Author
Time

Has anyone got the credits for the bottom of the cover written out as text? And if so, could you please post them? Thanks :-)

Author
Time

ator said:

Could I get the links to these?

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/7867/setmu5.jpg

where is the artwork for these from?

and could I get copies too?:)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

ChainsawASH did the 90 box set, so I've decided to tackle the 92 box set.

I will upload these after I am confident in their quality, and I am done with the Blu Ray sized covers I am doing for Harmy's edits.

The images I used are the highest quality I could manage. Painstaking hours in front of a computer searching for the highest of quality images. The fonts I used aren't exact, but they are very close.

 

"The other versions will disappear. Even the 35 million tapes of Star Wars out there won’t last more than 30 or 40 years. A hundred years from now, the only version of the movie that anyone will remember will be the DVD version [of the Special Edition], and you’ll be able to project it on a 20’ by 40’ screen with perfect quality. I think it’s the director’s prerogative, not the studio’s to go back and reinvent a movie." - George Lucas

<span> </span>

Author
Time

Those look great, EyeShot.  Looking forward to the final product.

Author
Time

Hellbot said:

Those look great, EyeShot.  Looking forward to the final product.

Thanks, it'll be a while before they are out.

"The other versions will disappear. Even the 35 million tapes of Star Wars out there won’t last more than 30 or 40 years. A hundred years from now, the only version of the movie that anyone will remember will be the DVD version [of the Special Edition], and you’ll be able to project it on a 20’ by 40’ screen with perfect quality. I think it’s the director’s prerogative, not the studio’s to go back and reinvent a movie." - George Lucas

<span> </span>

Author
Time

Gotta say guys,these are pretty impressive covers,,keep up the superb work :)

Author
Time

ator said:

Could I get the links to these?

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/7867/setmu5.jpg

 

me too

 

Author
Time

Murry Sparkles said:

Darth Solo said:

Re-jigged my manga covers:

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/7867/setmu5.jpg
 Are these dvd covers still available, theyre amazing i love them.Can anyone point me in the right direction?.

someone share these please.

Author
Time

EyeShotFirst said:

ChainsawASH did the 90 box set, so I've decided to tackle the 92 box set.

Fantastic job EyeShotFirst!  So, you are making these with Blu-ray dimensions??  want!

ThrowgnCpr’s edits on Fanedit.org

Author
Time

ThrowgnCpr said:

EyeShotFirst said:

ChainsawASH did the 90 box set, so I've decided to tackle the 92 box set.

Fantastic job EyeShotFirst!  So, you are making these with Blu-ray dimensions??  want!

I guess I could, maybe after I'm done with the DVD sized, and my Despecialized Harmy covers.

"The other versions will disappear. Even the 35 million tapes of Star Wars out there won’t last more than 30 or 40 years. A hundred years from now, the only version of the movie that anyone will remember will be the DVD version [of the Special Edition], and you’ll be able to project it on a 20’ by 40’ screen with perfect quality. I think it’s the director’s prerogative, not the studio’s to go back and reinvent a movie." - George Lucas

<span> </span>

Author
Time

They look a lot like mine which are still on hold, LOL. Nice.

And in the time of greatest despair, there shall come a savior, and he shall be known as the Son of the Suns.