Sign In

Star Wars DVD Covers — Page 134

Author
Time
Originally posted by: pat_the_geek
Originally posted by: Troy
Why is it in lego!?


i dunno i just wanted to make something original. and maybe even kid friendly


Awesome cover!
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1113/userbar381851ln2.gif
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8653/userbar381853dp6.gif
Super Mario Bros. - The Wicked Star Story
"Ah, the proverbial sad sack with a wasted wish."
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Ell the Ewok
HA! Kool!

Now if only someone would cap the WHOLE of Lego Star Wars and edit it...


hmmmm....


you think you could do it Ell? you do the hard work i'll provide the covers lol
Author
Time
here is the final look. i will do the discs soon. hope you guys like it PM if you want them

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s171/patthegeek/LEGOANH.jpghttp://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s171/patthegeek/LEGOESB-1.jpghttp://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s171/patthegeek/LEGOROTJ.jpg
Author
Time
I think there great however the only thing I would say is be consistant, either make the picture on the front of ANH the same size as the other two or make ESB and ROTJ the same size as ANH.
Author
Time
I know this has probably been asked in this thread before but what do you use to present your covers like that?So they are folded out like that?Is there a particular piece of software?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

<span style=“font-size:14pt;line-height:100%”></span>

http://www.bigbaddaddyvader.com

Original Star Wars Props and Production Material

Author
Time
Originally posted by: bigbaddaddyvader
I know this has probably been asked in this thread before but what do you use to present your covers like that?So they are folded out like that?Is there a particular piece of software?

I use, as a lot do I think, IMANDIX, I think its free to download on the net.
Author
Time
pat_the_geek, I'd really like to have your covers. I'd PM you, but your PMs seem to be turned off. PM me if you can, please.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Faustus
pat_the_geek, I'd really like to have your covers. I'd PM you, but your PMs seem to be turned off. PM me if you can, please.

Speaking of PMs are yours on! I PMd you the other day and you didnt reply

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Troy
I think there great however the only thing I would say is be consistant, either make the picture on the front of ANH the same size as the other two or make ESB and ROTJ the same size as ANH.


thx Troy!.

as i mentionned in my first post, i use Paint to do these, since Photoshop is like Greek to me. i've spent hours and hours trying to find the same size picture for the 3 of them, but sadly with no success the back pictures a different, but it is on purpose.

And reducing a picture in Paint, usually ends up being very pixeled or distorted. but if anyone with time and good Photoshop (or similar) skills, would help me make them look better, i would be forever grateful!!!!!

Author
Time
good job on the lego idea. I know my way around photoshop pretty well, and could do these in two shakes of a lamb's tail, if you want. just would need to send me the images you have.

On another note, it would be great if someone used the Lego Star Wars game engine to recreate the Star Wars Saga movies. I know there are a lot of home-made actual Lego brick-films out there. You can see a bunch over at archive.org. Someone did an hour version of Episode IV using the audio track from the movie, and stop-action Lego. I made it into a DVD a while back and threw in some other brick shorts and Revenge of the Brick as bonus material. I would love to see full versions of the movies done. I dont know if that is possible with the game or not

ThrowgnCpr’s edits on Fanedit.org

Author
Time
That's pretty sweet. I'd put that on my shelf. Reminds me of a cover I did based on the Smithsonian Exhibit companion book, what ever that was called. Magic of Myth, maybe?

EDIT: If any one is cleaning up the Lego cases, maybe you could use a Lego font? There is one here, for instance.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Sluggo
That's pretty sweet. I'd put that on my shelf. Reminds me of a cover I did based on the Smithsonian Exhibit companion book, what ever that was called. Magic of Myth, maybe?

EDIT: If any one is cleaning up the Lego cases, maybe you could use a Lego font? There is one here, for instance.


thx for the Lego font!!! that's something that never crossed my mind
Author
Time
Pat, those cases rock. Ever think of doing the prequel trilogy to make a complete set?
Author
Time
OK, I'm a big dummy and want to print one of these out - but the last time I did, it sucked. Is there a certain way to do it on good printers? Should I go to a print shop or somewhere?
And does anyone have the measurements of a normal DVD case in customary system?

A Goon in a Gaggle of 'em

Author
Time
Originally posted by: ThrowgnCpr
I've got some Lego fonts, Pat, I can use for the covers. I received your email, I'll get something together for you in the next couple days



thx!! you rock!

i will send you pics for the prequel movies as well
Author
Time
Originally posted by: bkev
OK, I'm a big dummy and want to print one of these out - but the last time I did, it sucked. Is there a certain way to do it on good printers? Should I go to a print shop or somewhere?
And does anyone have the measurements of a normal DVD case in customary system?



i've been using Acoustica label maker for years, im sure its not the best one, but it works for me
Author
Time
OK, I want to print out something like this (figure I should be more specific about my problems:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/CrookedCross/2.jpg
And when I do, it's all bled out. Any program or place I could go that would fix that?

A Goon in a Gaggle of 'em

Author
Time
Originally posted by: bkev
OK, I want to print out something like this (figure I should be more specific about my problems:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/CrookedCross/2.jpg
And when I do, it's all bled out. Any program or place I could go that would fix that?


OH OK. you cant print those, these kind of images are for display and showing only. its from a software call IMANDIX
Author
Time
OK, one more addition to my post:
I have a full-res version *was posted but is too big for thread* of one of those. But when printed out it is all bled, as said before.
Anyone have any suggestions?

A Goon in a Gaggle of 'em

Author
Time
could be the printer/paper/ink... are you sure the settings are as high as they go and the paper is worth while to print on?


Is it not sad that in this time, we are more surprised by acts of love than acts of hate?
-Me