Sign In

Star Wars Blu-ray and DVD Combo Packs. (Please Read 1st post)

Author
Time

 Hey I'm finally back on OT.com, I was very busy. Anyways here is the link for information on the combo packs.

One day we will have properly restored versions of the Original Unaltered Trilogy (OUT); or 1977, 1980, 1983 theatrical releases; So that future generations can enjoy these historic films that change cinema.

Yoda: Try not, do or do not, there is no try.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

May I suggest everyone read the third post.....it's much more interesting:

Here

J

Author
Time

Oh yeah, missed that one Frank, this one's good though

J

Author
Time
 (Edited)

darth_ender said:

Hey, how are you guys making all those lynx?

Well, _ender, when a man and woman love each other very, very much, they go into their room while you are sleeping, and 20 years later...

http://targetcenter.s3.amazonaws.com/img/4_Lynx_2012.jpg

Author
Time

I'd make a link to the nth post, but the demons currently controlling my body won't let me.

I can no longer call myself a Star Wars fan. I’m sick of the same played-out aesthetics/tropes being remixed/regurgitated time-&-time again; I’m sick of the deteriorating characterization/worldbuilding which have been in play since 1983; I’m sick of the toxic fanboys from all ideological camps; I’m sick of the capitalist pigs who refuse to allow this IP into the public domain where it rightly belongs. So while I may still admire the first two films for their technical achievements and characters, I’m no longer capable of enjoying Star Wars in any capacity due to the reasons delineated above.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Watch Lucasfilm be lazy and bundle the 2004 dvds with the 2011 blu ray.

Even if its the 2011 version on dvd who cares, i no longer buy dvd's and i want the originals on blu ray.

Its no longer 2006 even a nice anamorphic clean looking master of the oot on DVD is not going to cut it.

It has to be in 1080P 24fps  and on BD.  Or get the hell out.

“Always loved Vader’s wordless self sacrifice. Another shitty, clueless, revision like Greedo and young Anakin’s ghost. What a fucking shame.” -Simon Pegg.

Author
Time

I swear, people will never be satisfied with a film/TV show's resolution until technology reaches a point where they can actually plug themselves into it.

I can no longer call myself a Star Wars fan. I’m sick of the same played-out aesthetics/tropes being remixed/regurgitated time-&-time again; I’m sick of the deteriorating characterization/worldbuilding which have been in play since 1983; I’m sick of the toxic fanboys from all ideological camps; I’m sick of the capitalist pigs who refuse to allow this IP into the public domain where it rightly belongs. So while I may still admire the first two films for their technical achievements and characters, I’m no longer capable of enjoying Star Wars in any capacity due to the reasons delineated above.

Author
Time

skyjedi2005 said:

It has to be in 1080P 24fps  and on BD.  Or get the hell out.

I want to get a vision of the originaltrilogy.com forums in the horrible alternate world where the OUT gets released in a frame rate other than 24fps. Though my friend and I have discussed how interesting it would be to have vector based interpolation meta-data on video.

Author
Time

DuracellEnergizer said:

I swear, people will never be satisfied with a film/TV show's resolution until technology reaches a point where they can actually plug themselves into it.

If that was true then i should be happy with my crappy dodgy pan and scan vhs.  Because presentation means nothing especially when HDTV is now the standard and so is blu ray.

To me its a happy medium no i am happy with 1080P and don't need 4K.

“Always loved Vader’s wordless self sacrifice. Another shitty, clueless, revision like Greedo and young Anakin’s ghost. What a fucking shame.” -Simon Pegg.

Author
Time

i'll take the OT in dvd quality.

Author
Time

vacuum said:

i'll take the OT in dvd quality.

 

I died a little inside, and I don't even desperately want the OUT. Don't settle man. Fans deserve Blu-ray minimum, and a Ultra-HD prepared scan ideally.

Author
Time

valinkrai said:

vacuum said:

i'll take the OT in dvd quality.

 

I died a little inside, and I don't even desperately want the OUT. Don't settle man. Fans deserve Blu-ray minimum, and a Ultra-HD prepared scan ideally.

it should be remasterd in hi def, but i don't really care for blu ray.

Author
Time

vacuum said:

valinkrai said:

vacuum said:

i'll take the OT in dvd quality.

 

I died a little inside, and I don't even desperately want the OUT. Don't settle man. Fans deserve Blu-ray minimum, and a Ultra-HD prepared scan ideally.

it should be remasterd in hi def, but i don't really care for blu ray.

Why don't you care for blu ray?

Anyone remember different camera angles from ROTJ?

Author
Time

Yes I love my Blu-Rays.

But I think there's one more better format to go before I'm truely happy though. Next generation you aren't gonna be able to even see the pixes or compression without a magnifying glass on a regular big TV and that's good enough for me. Because only a tiny tiny percentage of people are going to have giant TVs big enough to detect any increase in quality beyond that.

VIZ TOP TIPS! - PARENTS. Impress your children by showing them a floppy disk and telling them it’s a 3D model of a save icon.

Author
Time

Ryan McAvoy said:

Yes I love my Blu-Rays.

But I think there's one more better format to go before I'm truely happy though. Next generation you aren't gonna be able to even see the pixes or compression without a magnifying glass on a regular big TV and that's good enough for me. Because only a tiny tiny percentage of people are going to have giant TVs big enough to detect any increase in quality beyond that.

I hope you're right. I'm a bit worried if another physical media format can be sustained in this age of ever decreasing reliance on physical media. I guess there's probably an enthusiast market if not, though the prices might be prohibitive.

Author
Time

I think Frink needs to use that shot in his next project. ;)

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

SpilkaBilka said:

vacuum said:

valinkrai said:

vacuum said:

i'll take the OT in dvd quality.

 

I died a little inside, and I don't even desperately want the OUT. Don't settle man. Fans deserve Blu-ray minimum, and a Ultra-HD prepared scan ideally.

it should be remasterd in hi def, but i don't really care for blu ray.

Why don't you care for blu ray?

too clear. wheres the grit?

Author
Time

If you mean grain, that's the fault of some studio's overuse of noise reduction, not the format itself.

 

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

SilverWook said:

If you mean grain, that's the fault of some studio's overuse of noise reduction, not the format itself.

Proposal: From now on, grain=grit.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Post 102 is worth more.

I’m late to the party, but I think this is the best song. Enjoy!

—Teams Jetrell Fo 1, Jetrell Fo 2, and Jetrell Fo 3

Author
Time

SilverWook said:

If you mean grain, that's the fault of some studio's overuse of noise reduction, not the format itself.

 

Isn't film grain just a natural occurrence on film, it becomes more noticeable depending what film stock you use or what film format....16mm film when blown up on a projection screen would have more grain evident.

I think when TPM was released on BD the digital scan was processed and cleaned up so much (DNR) that it not only removed grain but also removed so much detail that it made the characters look like waxworks

J