is there a list of deletet scenes you will use? i added some behind the scenes and pics for my version…
Sorry took so long to compile, but here is my shot list. Bold is deleted scenes, where as non-bold would be new made from radio drama audio and some compositing other shots, new shots etc.
Cockpit Tantive IV arriving at skarif
• Leia enters the fleet above skarif shortly after the Raddus, which was supposed to be here escort to Tatooine. The scenes cuts to some new scenes inside the Tantive IV’s cockpit and inside then Raddus where Leia is instructed to dock inside for protection. Update for first verison might just start at the last scene before the plans are handed over to leia and go from this point to not take too much from RogueOne.
Imperial Officer Scenes & Vader After Skarif
• After Vader returns from the raddus, there is dialogue between him and officer about tracking the Rebels which has now jumped to hyperspace (end of R1). Vader’s Devastator enters hyperspace in pursuit.
Hallway Tantive IV, Antilles and Leia Enroute To Tatooine
• Captain Antilles talks to the droids and instructs them to go to go to a certain area of the ship for now + follow all orders of leia that may come. Leia informs Antilles of the mission they must proceed with, being to get plans to jedi general on Tatooine, which is their next stop.
Luke with Treadwell - deleted scenes #1
• Intro of luke and conversation with treadwell while he works on a vaporator. Scene establishes his frustration of farm life but also his optimism as he notes no sandstorms coming. Update might be removed for pacing…the longer #2 scene will still remain
• Imperial officer scenes & Vader #2
Vader is told by an officer while on the bridge that they did get a homing beacon on the ship and they have calculated the Rebels trajectory and location. Vader instructs the officer to prepare a full platoon this time.
Tantive 4 exists hyperspace at Tantooin
• Establishing shot showing arrival at Tatooine, but before the famous “Star destroyer entrance”
Luke with treadwell deleted scenes #2
• Essentially the deleted scene many know, but with matched radio drama audio. Luke sees the ship and then another (much larger) appear from macrobinoculars view. Luke mentions to treadwell there is a lot of firing and we do see firing in the original deleted scenes. Like leaves in landspeeder to tell his friends.
Extra Deleted scenes of rebels getting ready for the door to be blasted open + extra scene of stormtroopers entering
• Does not add much, but does give a sense that the troopers checked each door first before proceeding through halls - TBD if will use
__Longer cut of captain Antilles capture and Vader
• Here, vader uses force pull to bring the captain to his choking hand and there is some dialogue from radio drama with imperial officer in the same scene. Only some of this is deleted scene.
Longer cut of Leia giving R2 the plans from Radio Drama
• Does not add much, but does give a sense that she records the message just in time + we would see more shots of the famous scene as it happens- TBD if will do or might be done in a V2.
Extended scenes of droids looking for an escape pod
• from Radio Drama, here is more dialogue before they get in and while inside. Little addition, but have the footage to make it look genuine.
Luke on his way to toshi station, where luke’s speeder almost runs over a lady
• Lady was actually a local and was a clip that was filmed- She also made an appearance in the comic version.__
• Luke rushes into Tosche Station excitedly telling his friends about the battle above their planet. He is overjoyed to be reunited with his friend Biggs Darklighter who is on planet leave from the Academy. All follow Luke outside to see the battle with Luke’s macrobinoculars. The battle appears to have ended and Luke’s friends ridicule him for making it all up. There is also some more dialogue to this scene from the radio drama.__
Droids in the desert
• Longer scene of the droids after they land with slightly more cuts and interesting angles.
Lars Family meal #1
• Starts with the “Beru’s Blue Milk” deleted scenes and then Radio drama scenes with Luke and Lars taking about getting more droids for help and we first see Lars temper. Luke leaves the table after frustrated.
• Longer scene with him boarding the sandcrawler now that is has arrived to him from when he waived it down in the prior scene. We also see C3po enter the sandcrawler in hopes they will repair and help him. May leave out for pacing reasons
Luke and Biggs at the station.
• Longer version of this scene where they are inside talking and drinking their beverages, before walking out to the backside of the station and the familiar deleted scene. This scene is a conversation between Luke and Biggs Biggs quietly tells Luke that he has decided to join the Rebellion against the Empire. In a tense and emotional conversation, the two young men say their final farewells, at least until they meet later
Slightly longer version of special edition troopers searching for droids
• There is an off camera order from an official and more wind sound in the radio drama, otherwise the same scene as we all know.
R2 sabotoses R5D4
• Extra scene from radio drama at Skywalker farm,. An R5D4 malfunctions as R2 sabatoshes the droid before they leave the crawler ensuring he will get picked. May change to be out of the crawler or may do this one - TBD
Cleaning up the tech droids
• There is also a longer scene in the radio drama when Luke is cleaning the droids up in the techdome.
Rise and Shine
• There is an extra scene in the morning, where they push the landspeeder out as to not wake up everyone. When they go to search for R2.
Search for R2
• This deleted scene footage includes a projected background to make the landspeeder appear to be moving. As Luke and 3po ride through the desert. There is more conversation here between Luke and 3PO and we get some history on how luke met Ben along time ago.
• A longer shot of them in the cayon finding R2 and rolling up next to him. Included is Extended scene of sandpeople trying to climb on the banthas and showing there were actually 4 tuskin raiders (one apparently is always offscreen keeping watch perhaps)
Extended scene with Ben and single arm 3PO
• Ben mentioned it was a krayt dragon sound he made when asked by luke and he helps more getting the droid together so they can take shelter.
• They go to ben’s home where there is the same scene except a little more backstory and a few more lines….luke tries to find out more about vader, but is somewhat dismissed for now.
Ride to mos eisley
• They drive to mos E. There is more dialogue here, than in the movie. Ben suggest they go up to a ridge for a far look at the city and to plan their next move.
On Cliff Above Mos Eisley
• “Well there we are, Mos Eisley spaceport” - “I’m ready for anything” - longer version of the scene used in the movie.
__Longer Cantina scene#1
• showing all monsters old and new and some creatures cut entirely
Longer Cantina scene#2
We see Ben walk ahead to the table as when luke enters Ben is already not with them. There is a longer scene here where Ben talks a corlillian pilot (not han) His name is BoShek and we get the first introduction of Chewie. A quick extra scene before the group sits down with Han
Hiding in the Droid Lot
• New scenes from radio drama with 3PO and R2 as they try to hide in a used droid lot. Will do this scene or the extra scene where 3po and r2 knock on doors to avoid capture and tell an owner that he and Artoo are members of the Skywalker Technical Maintenance Service, and that the droids are canvassing the area as a part of a publicity campaign. When the owner steps out, Threepio and Artoo hide inside the shop and lock the door (will pick one of these two, but not both)
Stormtrooper Search Tatooine
• An alternate version of this scene of stormtroopers searching the Mos Eisley alleyways where we see “stilt monster”. This made it into the final film. Footage from this deleted take found its way into The Star Wars Holiday Special.
Scene with Vader arriving with Leia to death star
• Shorter version of much longer scene in the radio drama where vader shows death star from outside. Including him docking with her only because it sets up the next scenes which mentions it.
Extended scene with governers talking in the death star board room
• Here they mention vader and mentioning vader as a sith lord and that tarkin went to meet vader who has arrived with Leia.
• Same special edition scenes with ROTJ orange eyes and more green and slime on mouth to look like ROTJ Jabba which will only be 6 years later. For SE they used Phantom menace Jabba which is what he would like 32 years ago
Selling the Speeder
• Luke talks to the junk dealer in the speaker lot and obiwan uses jedi mind trip on him to get $2K for the speeder. This is the 2nd time obi uses his jedi mind trick
Darth Vader Widens the Search
• In this short scene, Darth Vader and Chief Bast walk along a corridor on the Death Star. Bast reports that the search for the missing droids has extended to Mos Eisley spaceport. Vader observes that Princess Leia is resisting interrogation, and Bast boldly criticizes Tarkin’s plan to break her as “foolish.”
Falcon Bragging extended scene
• In the radio version, Han does do a little more bragging about the falcon when they meet up in docking bat 94 than he did in the movie. Just a few extra lines here
Leia And Tarkin
• Tarkin stands in front of the big screen, before ordering Alderaan distruction; Darth Vaders enters in the room. Ddestruction of Alderaan has an extra line from Leia (and you call yourself human)
Hiding in the falcon
• There is an extended scene when they land and hide in the compartments and talk some before knocking out the storm troopers and taking their uniforms.
Before Swing Across Chasm
Luke and Leia jumping across the gap - alternate take -with more dialogue (for luck, we’re gonna need it) + Frontal view, different take from the movie.
Stormtroopers on Death Star corridor searching
• Different “Gonk Droid in Death Star Hallway”
Ben and the tractor Beam controls
• More shots of ben in the room to shut off the tractor beam, some filmed some newly generated.
Misc Death Star Shootout
• A longer version of “you’re braver than I thought” scene, includes the heroes running into some imperials and just walking casually by
Misc Death Star Shootout clip2
• Han hunting the stormtroopers - same shots in the movie, just different edit.
Vader Vs Obi Wan Duel
• Scene 38 re-imagined
Shootout In Death Star Hangar
• Escape from the Death Star - alternate angle of them blasting the storm troopers before entering falcon.
• There is ~2 min of extra radio drama scene with luke talking to leia about loosing Ben at the chess table before the tie-fighter fight.
__Leia and Han before Yavin
• Extra scene where audio exist from cast read, elaborating more to han about what R2 is carrying + that they are going to Yavin and chewie already has the coordinates in the falcon.
• There is an extra long scene from radio drama coming into Yavin orbit where han is talking. More as they land as well
• There is about 1 minute of extra outside scenes and talking in radio drama before they enter the base
• There is a longer scene of solo and chewie packing up there payment. Extra audio is from radio drama
Luke and Bigs at Yavin base
• Radio drama has and a little longer conversation with bigs and luke even more than in special edition
R2 getting into position
• There is a conversation with 3PO as he lets them know they will pair Luke with R2 for the fight … there is actually footage that can work here as R2 is raised and some that was an alternate angle of the bigs luke reunion scenes where you see R2 being put into position.
Leia and 3PO watching the battle
• There is more dialogue from radio drama with leia and 3PO by the radar bowl or a screen as they bounce through magnetic shield. This might show that 3PO is growing on leia.
Gonk Droid in Death Star Hallway
• Stormtroopers running in corridors, presumably during the Death Star battle.
Before the ceremony
• Radio drama audio scene after battle is over and they are back at Yavin, there is more talk before the ceremony reflecting on those that died. This is prior to the doors opening and our heroes walking to the stage. - TBD if I use.