Sign In

Should Dave Filoni Run The Creative Team at LucasFilm

Author
Time
 (Edited)

After watching colider Jedi Council about Dave Filoni I agree with them a lot.
Look I like Kathleen Kennedy as a producer as a person who pays the bills. I think Dave Filoni should be the Kevin Feige of Lucas Film.

Debate below

https://youtu.be/XMbbm6kZswA

 

 

Moderator Edit : a good example of a potentially decent thread marred by a childish thread title and content. You’re better than this, Kitty - I think…

Thread title and content edited.

My edits
http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/The-Star-Wars-the-clone-wars-the-prequel-trilogy/id/57546

Author
Time

There’s something about Filoni’s Star Wars sensibility that rubs me the wrong way. Having watched Rebels, it feels remarkably sterile, existing in this purgatory between epic adventure and serialized drama.

DuracellEnergizer: “^He’s embraced the absurd. Don’t expect to gain any conventional understanding from his posts.”
A New Hope Technicolor Recreation (Released!)
The Force Awakens Restructured (V2 Released!) and Starlight Project

Author
Time

Ascended fanboys seem to have a problem keeping their crappy childhood fan-fic ideas out of official works. I wonder if placing a non-fan in charge might not infuse some much-needed new perspective into the creative process.

My screenplay index.

I really do care, even if [yo]u don’t.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Star Wars doesn’t have or need a creative head in the same way Marvel does, because it’s not one big story. Kennedy works just fine.

Author
Time

DuracellEnergizer said:

Ascended fanboys seem to have a problem keeping their crappy childhood fan-fic ideas out of official works. I wonder if placing a non-fan in charge might not infuse some much-needed new perspective into the creative process.

Someone with no affinity for Star Wars could have it’s own problems.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I think Star Wars should be run the same way they’re handling Rian and GoT trilogies. Give someone they trust an empty slate to do whatever they want provided it doesn’t contradict anything. Let them tell their story, the galaxy is big enough for multiple sagas. As someone else pointed out the MCU takes place in real time, SW jumps decades back and forth.

Vader, a 7 in 1 edit of the entire Star Wars Saga

Maul, a clone wars edit

Author
Time

I said that as a joke when George said he’s making Kennedy a new head of the company. Now, after seeing the 3 movies she is responsible for, I say absolutely seriously “please, let Kennedy take care of the business side of things but make Filoni the creative boss”. She was a great producer, and a good business woman, but please give the franchise to the hands of a guy with a vision.

Author
Time

NeverarGreat said:

There’s something about Filoni’s Star Wars sensibility that rubs me the wrong way. Having watched Rebels, it feels remarkably sterile, existing in this purgatory between epic adventure and serialized drama.

Before I have seen the 4th season of Rebels, I would agree with you. But after finally having the chance to see the (almost complete) 4th season, I think that it’s getting better and better. And don’t forget - he is the main reason why Clone Wars was as good as possible.

Author
Time

pittrek said:

I said that as a joke when George said he’s making Kennedy a new head of the company. Now, after seeing the 3 movies she is responsible for, I say absolutely seriously “please, let Kennedy take care of the business side of things but make Filoni the creative boss”. She was a great producer, and a good business woman, but please give the franchise to the hands of a guy with a vision.

Exactly

My edits
http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/The-Star-Wars-the-clone-wars-the-prequel-trilogy/id/57546

Author
Time

Or we could just not have a creative ‘boss’ and the different movies can be allowed to do different things.

Collipso is free!

Author
Time

HerekittykittyX said:

NeverarGreat said:

There’s something about Filoni’s Star Wars sensibility that rubs me the wrong way. Having watched Rebels, it feels remarkably sterile, existing in this purgatory between epic adventure and serialized drama.

True but i would take it over holdo not telling plans to the Resistance and starting a goddamn mutiny.

Hahahahaha.

Episode I: The Ridiculous Menace / Episode II: Attack Of The Ridiculousness / Episode III: Revenge of the Ridiculousness

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

HerekittykittyX said:

NeverarGreat said:

There’s something about Filoni’s Star Wars sensibility that rubs me the wrong way. Having watched Rebels, it feels remarkably sterile, existing in this purgatory between epic adventure and serialized drama.

True but i would take it over holdo not telling plans to the Resistance and starting a goddamn mutiny.

Hahahahaha.

To clarify (and this has been beaten to death in the TLJ thread), of course she wouldn’t tell Poe the plan, and Poe proved her right.

Episode I: The Ridiculous Menace / Episode II: Attack Of The Ridiculousness / Episode III: Revenge of the Ridiculousness

Author
Time
 (Edited)

HerekittykittyX said:

NeverarGreat said:

There’s something about Filoni’s Star Wars sensibility that rubs me the wrong way. Having watched Rebels, it feels remarkably sterile, existing in this purgatory between epic adventure and serialized drama.

True but i would take it over holdo not telling plans to the Resistance and starting a goddamn mutiny.

What?

How is Kathleen Kennedy responsible for that occurrence in TLJ (did she write/come up with the plot and script?, and wasn’t it proved that Holdo’s assertion was correct?)

 

As for Filoni taking over the creative team… for me, no. Seems he and others do a top job with various input (notably history and lore etc) into the films.

Maybe he’s earnt a chance at a film? That could likely be the next step - if not working on a live action tv series, first?

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Justice For The 96 - Justice For All; .Gov Site : Wikipedia

Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

TV’s Frink said:

TV’s Frink said:

HerekittykittyX said:

NeverarGreat said:

There’s something about Filoni’s Star Wars sensibility that rubs me the wrong way. Having watched Rebels, it feels remarkably sterile, existing in this purgatory between epic adventure and serialized drama.

True but i would take it over holdo not telling plans to the Resistance and starting a goddamn mutiny.

Hahahahaha.

To clarify (and this has been beaten to death in the TLJ thread), of course she wouldn’t tell Poe the plan, and Poe proved her right.

he Poeroved her right

Author
Time

suspiciouscoffee said:

Or we could just not have a creative ‘boss’ and the different movies can be allowed to do different things.

Slow down coffee, only hot takes are allowed in here.

Author
Time

Filoni has a real problem with his pet characters: Ahsoka, Rex and now the Rebels crew. He can’t let them go, even if the story suffers for it.

It seems like people are really embracing the new characters. In fact, the big question people ask me now about Star Wars is, “Are Finn and Poe gay lovers?” And really how the f*ck would I know? My second husband left me for a man, so my gaydar isn’t exactly what you’d call Death Star level quality. ----Carrie Fisher

Author
Time

My problem with Filoni is his tendency to shoehorn characters into pre-existing continuities (Ahsoka) and have them survive way beyond the point of logic. Seriously, he rarely has the balls to kill characters that for all intents and purposes should be dead.

Author
Time

People that say he won’t kill characters he cares about: He has written two shows that have been wedged up against main film continuity. He has used characters from the main film continuity and is unable to kill them.

So, basically, the only characters he is free to kill is the ones he creates as the main characters of his stories. That’s depressing.

The Jedi are all but extinct.......
Author
Time

Hardcore Legend said:

People that say he won’t kill characters he cares about: He has written two shows that have been wedged up against main film continuity. He has used characters from the main film continuity and is unable to kill them.

So, basically, the only characters he is free to kill is the ones he creates as the main characters of his stories. That’s depressing.

Ahsoka should really have died facing Vader. There was nothing left of Anakin, that burned away on Mustafar. She meant nothing to him, and unlike when Kylo says it- there is truth in that.

It seems like people are really embracing the new characters. In fact, the big question people ask me now about Star Wars is, “Are Finn and Poe gay lovers?” And really how the f*ck would I know? My second husband left me for a man, so my gaydar isn’t exactly what you’d call Death Star level quality. ----Carrie Fisher