I'm new to the board, but I'm reading it from years.
This is a project I had in mind from about a decade and I'm now decide to try post here and see if anyone might be interested.
As - I assume - many of you I am a fan of Adywan and of his awesome work on the Saga and I consider his version to be more true to real spirit of Star Wars that most of the stuff Lucas did from 1983.
And in this sprit of recovery of the true nature of Star Wars, why don't try to complete the saga (in this case the Revisited saga) for what was originally conceived? (or at last for what many people think it was. But the "myth" of the sequel trilogy, all the rumors, the hopes, made the fact that the episode were to be 9, almost true)
Anyway, I have various ideas on possible plots, situation, etc, but it's all to be defined, even in my mind.
What about to produce a story and then a screenplay, collectively?
What about really film it and make 3 movie of it? There are many skilled people here, maybe this isn't impossible.
(Long ago, TFN tried something like that, but never accomplished. And they weren't trying to do an actual trilogy of *movies*)
If there is someone interested I could begin post my ideas; but the *facts* that should guide us are the few "official" information we have.
- should take place about 40 years after ROTJ
- Luke is a Master, passing the torch to the next generation of Jedi
- rebuilding of the republic
- rebuilding of the Jedi order
- its main theme would have been "the necessity for moral choices and the wisdom needed to distinguish right from wrong"
- quoting GL "If the first trilogy is social and political and talks about how society evolves, Star Wars is more about personal growth and self realization, and the third deals with moral and philosophical problems. The sequel is about Jedi Knighthood, justice, confrontation, and passing on what you have learned."
- Han was to be killed off in ROTJ (but this can still happen, later. I've some ideas on it)
- Episode VII was to deal with Luke's life as a Jedi.
- Episode VIII was to deal with Luke's sister (not Leia) coming from another part of the galaxy and Luke was to become a Jedi Master and pass on his training to her. This is impossible to literally accomplish as said, because Leia is Luke sister and I think she's going to remain that way in Ady' edits.
Episode IX was to feature the appearance of the Emperor and have Luke and his sister confront him on the Imperial Capital Planet of Had Abbadon, possibly bringing about the Return of the Republic and the Jedi Order. (Again, changes in ROTJ, here, made it impossible to precisely follow these guidelines, but…)
- According to Michael Kaminski's The Secret History of Star Wars, the protagonist of the third trilogy was to have been Luke Skywalker's protege or successor. Just as Obi-Wan Kenobi was to be the protagonist of the Prequel Trilogy and Luke Skywalker was the hero of the Original Trilogy, Luke's student was to be the hero of the final/third trilogy. This is supported by George Lucas's quotes about one of the themes of the sequel trilogy being "passing on what you have learned".
Ok, these are the guidelines. I'm now arranging the notes I wrote and - if anyone is interested - I'll begin post them.