Sign In

STAR WARS: EP VI -RETURN OF THE JEDI "REVISITED EDITION"ADYWAN - ** PRODUCTION HAS NOW RESTARTED ** — Page 117

Author
Time

I’m glad to hear your family are getting back towards stability. Wishing you all the best. Fantastic news that you’ll soon be able to return to the project.

Author
Time

adywan said:

Work will resume of the Revisited edits on September 14th. 😁😁😁

Very happy to hear that!
Sorry things were so rough. Has not been a great time-makes me really look forward to these edits.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Why do people get so upset about the droids feeling pain in that scene? C-3PO clearly feels pain in ESB when Chewie doesn’t duck low enough when entering the Falcon during the escape from Cloud City, and R2-D2 screams when zapped by the Jaws in ANH.

Link to thread for my Star Wars fan-edits: https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/My-Star-Wars-Saga-Edits-episodes-1-6/id/76327
Other fan-edits include “This is Tokyo” (combination of original 1954 Gojira and the 1956 Americanization) and Heisei Godzilla Series Remaster.

And finally, proud creator of Dinosauria: Ascension, Domination, Downfall. https://dinosauriadocu.wixsite.com/dinosauriadocu

Author
Time

Thats great to hear ady, I really do hope its all up hill from here!

Author
Time

NeverarGreat said:

I think people take issue not with the ability of droids to feel pain so much as the cartoonish manner in which that is expressed.

Exactly. It’s such a weird scene. Are we suppose to laugh? It still feels awkward to this day.

Do NOT self-destruct!

Author
Time

Huh, I never really saw it that way. I think it’s more on the terrifying side, since we’re following the POV of 3PO and R2. That scene always scared me to death as a kid - you know, being torture and all. But I can see the sentiment expressed above.

Author
Time

Tantive3+1 said:

I mentioned this earlier but the scenes between Han and Leia need to be more intimate.

Quick, someone find out if Carrie Fisher has ever done a sex scene in her career! 😉

Author
Time

Omni said:

Huh, I never really saw it that way. I think it’s more on the terrifying side, since we’re following the POV of 3PO and R2. That scene always scared me to death as a kid - you know, being torture and all. But I can see the sentiment expressed above.

I think it’s the voice of the droid being tortured that makes it feel more like awkward black comedy than terrifying. Add the fact that it’s a Gonk droid, which is the most basic robot in existence and mostly known for its “gonk” sound effect, suddenly being self-aware and screaming with a squeaky voice.

Author
Time

Yeah, it’s for sure the overly cartoonish voice. The concept of droid torture doesn’t bother me in the SW universe, and that scene would work just fine as an unsettling threat to our droids if it wasn’t treated so comically.

a trolling bantha

Author
Time

If the voice was a severe, disturbing distortion/warping of a regular gonk droid sound effect, with static and clipping introduced into the mix, it’d probably get the desired effect of being somewhat off-putting as opposed to being a quick gag at Threepio’s expense, which was the intent in 1983.

Author
Time

StarkillerAG said:

Tantive3+1 said:

I mentioned this earlier but the scenes between Han and Leia need to be more intimate.

Quick, someone find out if Carrie Fisher has ever done a sex scene in her career! 😉

You don’t need that. Cutting out the love triangle with Luke is a first step.

Analog Releases of Films That Contain Deleted, Extended, & Alternate Footage That’ve Never Been Released on DVD/BluRay

Evil Dead 2 (1987) 35MM Preservation

Author
Time

Tantive3+1 said:

StarkillerAG said:

Tantive3+1 said:

I mentioned this earlier but the scenes between Han and Leia need to be more intimate.

Quick, someone find out if Carrie Fisher has ever done a sex scene in her career! 😉

You don’t need that. Cutting out the love triangle with Luke is a first step.

I know, I was joking. It’s a reference to some of the conversation that was going on in the prequel redux thread recently. Someone was trying to add a sex scene between Anakin and Padme, using footage from another Natalie Portman movie.

Author
Time

StarkillerAG said:

Tantive3+1 said:

StarkillerAG said:

Tantive3+1 said:

I mentioned this earlier but the scenes between Han and Leia need to be more intimate.

Quick, someone find out if Carrie Fisher has ever done a sex scene in her career! 😉

You don’t need that. Cutting out the love triangle with Luke is a first step.

I know, I was joking. It’s a reference to some of the conversation that was going on in the prequel redux thread recently. Someone was trying to add a sex scene between Anakin and Padme, using footage from another Natalie Portman movie.

Please no.

Cutting out the love triangle with Luke is a first step in making the scenes between Han and Leia being together more intimate. Another way might be to add dialogue between them using Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher sound alikes to fill in the blanks. But that’s just a thought.

Analog Releases of Films That Contain Deleted, Extended, & Alternate Footage That’ve Never Been Released on DVD/BluRay

Evil Dead 2 (1987) 35MM Preservation

Author
Time
 (Edited)

StarkillerAG said:

Tantive3+1 said:

StarkillerAG said:

Tantive3+1 said:

I mentioned this earlier but the scenes between Han and Leia need to be more intimate.

Quick, someone find out if Carrie Fisher has ever done a sex scene in her career! 😉

You don’t need that. Cutting out the love triangle with Luke is a first step.

I know, I was joking. It’s a reference to some of the conversation that was going on in the prequel redux thread recently. Someone was trying to add a sex scene between Anakin and Padme, using footage from another Natalie Portman movie.

That scene works well in the context of Episode III. But on Jedi no.

Author
Time

Tantive3+1 said:

StarkillerAG said:

Tantive3+1 said:

I mentioned this earlier but the scenes between Han and Leia need to be more intimate.

Quick, someone find out if Carrie Fisher has ever done a sex scene in her career! 😉

You don’t need that. Cutting out the love triangle with Luke is a first step.

But, since there is no “love triangle” in the actual films, only in your mind, EU & deleted scenes, this isn’t even an issue.

Ray’s Lounge
Biggs in ANH edit idea
ROTJ opening edit idea

Author
Time

4throck said:

StarkillerAG said:

Tantive3+1 said:

StarkillerAG said:

Tantive3+1 said:

I mentioned this earlier but the scenes between Han and Leia need to be more intimate.

Quick, someone find out if Carrie Fisher has ever done a sex scene in her career! 😉

You don’t need that. Cutting out the love triangle with Luke is a first step.

I know, I was joking. It’s a reference to some of the conversation that was going on in the prequel redux thread recently. Someone was trying to add a sex scene between Anakin and Padme, using footage from another Natalie Portman movie.

That scene works well in the context of Episode III. But on Jedi no.

I already told you, I WAS JOKING! Of course Han and Leia shouldn’t have sex on screen.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

ray_afraid said:

Tantive3+1 said:

StarkillerAG said:

Tantive3+1 said:

I mentioned this earlier but the scenes between Han and Leia need to be more intimate.

Quick, someone find out if Carrie Fisher has ever done a sex scene in her career! 😉

You don’t need that. Cutting out the love triangle with Luke is a first step.

But, since there is no “love triangle” in the actual films, only in your mind, EU & deleted scenes, this isn’t even an issue.

Disagree. You can say it’s more accurate to say Han is being jealous than there being an actual love triangle, but to me that’s just potato, potato.

a trolling bantha

Author
Time

ChainsawAsh said:

ray_afraid said:

Tantive3+1 said:

StarkillerAG said:

Tantive3+1 said:

I mentioned this earlier but the scenes between Han and Leia need to be more intimate.

Quick, someone find out if Carrie Fisher has ever done a sex scene in her career! 😉

You don’t need that. Cutting out the love triangle with Luke is a first step.

But, since there is no “love triangle” in the actual films, only in your mind, EU & deleted scenes, this isn’t even an issue.

Disagree. You can say it’s more accurate to say Han is being jealous than there being an actual love triangle, but to me that’s just potato, potato.

Besides, it’s just two scenes. DarthRush’s edit cut the first one (wiping from Luke leaving to the shuttle landing) and trimmed the second one (“He wasn’t, I can feel it.” cuts back and forth of confused Han and Leia turning to him “He’s my brother”). This should be a standard cut in every ROTJ edit.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

BedeHistory731 said:

ChainsawAsh said:

ray_afraid said:

Tantive3+1 said:

StarkillerAG said:

Tantive3+1 said:

I mentioned this earlier but the scenes between Han and Leia need to be more intimate.

Quick, someone find out if Carrie Fisher has ever done a sex scene in her career! 😉

You don’t need that. Cutting out the love triangle with Luke is a first step.

But, since there is no “love triangle” in the actual films, only in your mind, EU & deleted scenes, this isn’t even an issue.

Disagree. You can say it’s more accurate to say Han is being jealous than there being an actual love triangle, but to me that’s just potato, potato.

Besides, it’s just two scenes. DarthRush’s edit cut the first one (wiping from Luke leaving to the shuttle landing) and trimmed the second one (“He wasn’t, I can feel it.” cuts back and forth of confused Han and Leia turning to him “He’s my brother”). This should be a standard cut in every ROTJ edit.

Cutting the scene of Han and Leia embracing each other after what she had just been told is an intimate moment that’s necessary for the film. Cutting around the dialogue where Han believes there’s a love triangle between them with Luke is a tricky one.

Analog Releases of Films That Contain Deleted, Extended, & Alternate Footage That’ve Never Been Released on DVD/BluRay

Evil Dead 2 (1987) 35MM Preservation