Sign In

STAR WARS: EP V "REVISITED EDITION"ADYWAN - AVAILABLE NOW — Page 902

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I find that many of them lacked real depth (which is a common flaw to a 2D painting.......but some of the better matte painters acheived this far better than others). I look forward to seeing Ady's take on these.....keeping the look of the original painting, but adding more "feel" to it by adding depth and possibly some subtle background movement. It would really make some of these dead shots come to life

Author
Time

Realize, these Mattes were done in the 1970's. No computers then. That's why they're 2D

Author
Time

I have no problem with them being 2D....they're just not the best ones I've ever seen. I'm sure Ady can add a little life to them with just some subtle tweaks. I actually prefer a traditionally painted matte as opposed to a CG one

Author
Time

I'm thinking that these mattes could be improved by at least replacing the ships with 3D models. Or photos of actual models, as Ady is still planning on building at least the Falcon and a Star Destroyer.

Star Wars Revisited Wordpress / Facebook / Twitter

Star Wars Visual Comparisons WordPress / Twitter

Author
Time

This issue has probably been discussed but nonetheless I thought I would mention it just in case.

In empire when vader is in his meditation chamber and his helmet is being positioned in place you will notice a small glob of white glue at the top of the helmet that breaks free when the clamps release. 

I remember seeing in a documentary somewhere that the glue was used to connect the helmet to the clamps since they were pretty flimsy.  I was wondering if Ady was planning to remove the glue since it serves no "in universe" purpose. 

"Remember, the force will be with you....always."

                                                                 

Author
Time

One other issue are the eyes of the tauntans in the special edition.....I wonder if it is possible to add more life to them.  Perhaps more blinking, and or movement.....they seem pretty lifeless at this point.

"Remember, the force will be with you....always."

                                                                 

Author
Time

uyrnihssi said:


One other issue are the eyes of the tauntans in the special edition.....I wonder if it is possible to add more life to them.  Perhaps more blinking, and or movement.....they seem pretty lifeless at this point.
That has been done.

Star Wars Revisited Wordpress / Facebook / Twitter

Star Wars Visual Comparisons WordPress / Twitter

Author
Time

doubleofive said:

uyrnihssi said:


One other issue are the eyes of the tauntans in the special edition.....I wonder if it is possible to add more life to them.  Perhaps more blinking, and or movement.....they seem pretty lifeless at this point.
That has been done.

Has it really? I recall Adywan saying that adding movement to the tauntaun's eyes would be a "tracking nightmare."

Author
Time

Has it been done to the extend he was able?

Children in the backseat of a car can cause accidents, but accidents in the backseat of a car can cause children.

Author
Time

....waiting with bated breath to see if someone will ask again

Author
Time

Well, 005 said it was done to the extent he was able and LG asked if it was done to the extend he was able.  Two different things....

Although I don't know what the second one means.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

TV's Frink said:


Well, 005 said it was done to the extent he was able and LG asked if it was done to the extend he was able.  Two different things....

Although I don't know what the second one means.
Blinking TaunTaun eyes is probably not beyond his reach.

[/pun]

Star Wars Revisited Wordpress / Facebook / Twitter

Star Wars Visual Comparisons WordPress / Twitter

Author
Time

muddyknees2000 said:

....waiting with bated breath to see if someone will ask again

I wish I could present you an award for The First Person To Spell "Bated Breath" Properly That I've Seen On The Internet. It's a wordy award, I know. The engraving is going to cost a fortune.

 

Author
Time

asterisk8 said:

muddyknees2000 said:

....waiting with bated breath to see if someone will ask again

I wish I could present you an award for The First Person To Spell "Bated Breath" Properly That I've Seen On The Internet. It's a wordy award, I know. The engraving is going to cost a fortune.

 

I used to work in engraving, so I know how expensive it was. So just send me a nice card and I'll know why

Author
Time

asterisk8 said:

muddyknees2000 said:

....waiting with bated breath to see if someone will ask again

I wish I could present you an award for The First Person To Spell "Bated Breath" Properly That I've Seen On The Internet. It's a wordy award, I know. The engraving is going to cost a fortune.

 

 

Well he spelled it correctly to the extent that he was able.

Author
Time

"oh, great i can't spell!"

"Back on topic"

"He can't spell!"

"Back on topic"

Author
Time
 (Edited)

DF Shadow said:

asterisk8 said:

muddyknees2000 said:

....waiting with bated breath to see if someone will ask again

I wish I could present you an award for The First Person To Spell "Bated Breath" Properly That I've Seen On The Internet.

Well he spelled it correctly to the extent that he was able.

I've been champing at the bit for someone to post this response.

*back on topic*

ron

Avoid infestation. Rotate.