Sign In

STAR WARS: EP V "REVISITED EDITION"ADYWAN - AVAILABLE NOW — Page 504

Author
Time
 (Edited)
adywan said:

Darth Chronus said:

 I was just wondering about the people doing the sfx, there's Ady and Double0Five, but who else? Sorry for sounding so dumb. 

Double0Five isn't doing any Fx work. he is helping out in other areas ( gathering names for credits etc.) I'm doing the majority of the Fx work myself and i have someone helping out with a bit of CG work.

 

Darth Chronus

- Thanks. Cool :)

I’m gonna be a father! - ETA December 24th 2017

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Sorry if I ever gave that impression, Chronus.  I just help where I can credits/lists wise, but I am not an "official" part of these edits by any means.  I enjoy screenshotting the comparison shots, but the one most people see (the ANHR Visual Comparison) was just suggested by me and hosted under my name, Ady did all the work!

Star Wars Revisited Wordpress / Facebook / Twitter

Star Wars Visual Comparisons WordPress / Twitter

Author
Time

Congrats everyone, you made an decent post now a trolling awful POS.

Let's all photo-shop Harry Potter looking bullshit elsewhere.

 

Author
Time
doubleofive said:

Sorry if I ever gave that impression, Chronus.  I just help where I can credits/lists wise, but I am not an "official" part of these edits by any means.  I enjoy screenshotting the comparison shots, but the one most people see (the ANHR Visual Comparison) was just suggested by me and hosted under my name, Ady did all the work!

It's ok dude. 

It was a great read by the way, I loved the whole layout of it :) 

And Ady really deserves a medal for what he's done. 

 

I’m gonna be a father! - ETA December 24th 2017

Author
Time
 (Edited)
Histeria said:
TMBTM said:
adywan said:

An interesting idea, but one i probably won't be doing. The clone wars is after all part of the EU.

I wish it was true but I think Lucas said that the CG Clone Wars movie and the CG TV series (series that I find myself enjoying for the most part, unlike the "movie") are Star Wars canons (?)

But of course on this matter it all depends of our personal state of mind!

Lucas did indeed say that. The idea is that the films, CG series and forthcoming TV series will be official cannon, and everything else EU (and so fair-game for contradiction - see Karen Travis's hissyfit and subsequent quitting writing for SW for details).

Of course, that doesn't mean (as you suggest) they have to be a part of adywan's personal canon, but they are not considered EU by lucasfilm.

 

 

I wasn't intending to start a canon debate at all. Just wanted to point that out.

I just wanted to show in my mock-up how my idea for having IG-88's head turn like the 2-D and CG cartoon in ESB can make the droid have more "life" in it's movement, making the droid, well, more droid-like. In a sense, the mock-up is similar to the ANH:R cantina scene, making aliens appear more "alive" with facial expressions and blinks, but instead with a droid and it's working parts in the head. Same ballpark, in a sense. And I truly do believe that my mock-up is effective in getting that across, especially since it is very subtle, and doesn't pull too much attention away from the Vader/Boba dialogue exchange.

I'll take a moment to weigh in on the canon debate... if I'm not mistaken, I think I remember reading somewhere that Lucas doesn't consider the 2-D series to be canon, but does support the CG series as canon, especially since he has his eyes and hands all over that series in one way or another, while he had a lot less involvement creatively in the original 2-D series.

“Lifes a song you don’t get to rehearse, and every single verse can make it that much worse”

Author
Time
 (Edited)
MCBarkingSpoon said:

 

This was not made for you to be a photoshop queen. Sorry. It was made for ppl to help with Episode 5's Revisited.

 

Congrats everyone, you made an decent post now a trolling awful POS.

 

Let's all photo-shop Harry Potter looking bullshit elsewhere.

 

Could we have a translator droid? Make sure it speaks Bitchy :-p

The originator of the thread has spoken he likes to see mockups and finds them helpful.

Adywan said :

Nice mock-ups Angel. I haven't started the windows yet but i always liked the more minimalistic look of the originals and the look that they are very high up, so the buildings aren't going to be as prominent.

Is it ever clearly established how high up we are in that room?

Sure Leia and later the rest of the gang are on the top floor (thanks to the new matte matching the set) as they leave but it's not the tallest building and they may have gone down a few levels to get to the dining room.

As I said before that blue circle is far more distracting to me than the right kind of cityscape though I acknowledged how much work would be necessary to pull it off convincingly.

 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Dp2OfIT_M

Author
Time
Bingowings said:

Adywan said :

Nice mock-ups Angel. I haven't started the windows yet but i always liked the more minimalistic look of the originals and the look that they are very high up, so the buildings aren't going to be as prominent.

Is it ever clearly established how high up we are in that room?

Well acording to SE flyby they are located into the big boxy thing building. so we have an indication.

So higher lower and same height buildings should be appeared.

Other wise you can play stylistic and add some random ends or buildings to show that they are high enough so the trap will not get much attention ;)


-Angel

 

–>Artwork<–**

Author
Time

In other news, if the sun is behind the rebels then this shot is wrong ;)

i think this background can be used here:

to replace the messed up background foreground details and eliminate the hard shadows of the snow storm.

 

-Angel

–>Artwork<–**

Author
Time
 (Edited)
Bingowings said:

You mean sort of like this? (nuts Skydrive has desaturated it AGAIN!)

http://ehxtpw.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pLOmyzHyPPwkSildfhpPWatYpxi5F5QdLcXfFBmi9Wp7Kszu5pdpkFj2ZmVBPwEa6Jj7HXSWAeHQNcw7Zp26eNQ_PjviMr0Kl/Hoth%20Merge.jpg

yes sort of. we can use the detail of this matte and reduce/eliminate the shadows and the sunlight because its snowstorm ;)

 

good work there Bingo :D

 

-Angel

 

 

 

 

–>Artwork<–**

Author
Time

One thing that's bugging me a bit about some of these (otherwise very lovely) window mock-ups is the sharp focus.  Unless you're intentionally going for a Welles/Bogdanovich deep-focus shot (which strikes me as out of place here, especially if this is just, pardon the pun, window dressing) wouldn't it be preferable to soften the focus a bit?

Thoughts?

Avoid infestation. Rotate.

Author
Time
ron2112 said:

 

One thing that's bugging me a bit about some of these (otherwise very lovely) window mock-ups is the sharp focus.  Unless you're intentionally going for a Welles/Bogdanovich deep-focus shot (which strikes me as out of place here, especially if this is just, pardon the pun, window dressing) wouldn't it be preferable to soften the focus a bit?

Thoughts?

Yes Very true. it appears in OT everything look sharp and the depth appears to be only with color tones. I applied a soft blur to reduce the details on that shot but after a level it would look fake and lame.

 

-Angel

 

–>Artwork<–**

Author
Time
Vaderios said:
Bingowings said:

You mean sort of like this? (nuts Skydrive has desaturated it AGAIN!)

http://ehxtpw.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pLOmyzHyPPwkSildfhpPWatYpxi5F5QdLcXfFBmi9Wp7Kszu5pdpkFj2ZmVBPwEa6Jj7HXSWAeHQNcw7Zp26eNQ_PjviMr0Kl/Hoth%20Merge.jpg

yes sort of. we can use the detail of this matte and reduce/eliminate the shadows and the sunlight because its snowstorm ;)

 good work there Bingo :D

 -Angel

The thing is, if it's a snow storm, you wouldn't be able to see the mountain line, so applying the other plate sort of undermines what you're trying to achieve, doesn't it? Removing shadows and sunlight is the right approach, but adding distance is contrary.

 

Author
Time
Darth Venal said:
Vaderios said:
Bingowings said:

You mean sort of like this? (nuts Skydrive has desaturated it AGAIN!)

http://ehxtpw.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pLOmyzHyPPwkSildfhpPWatYpxi5F5QdLcXfFBmi9Wp7Kszu5pdpkFj2ZmVBPwEa6Jj7HXSWAeHQNcw7Zp26eNQ_PjviMr0Kl/Hoth%20Merge.jpg

yes sort of. we can use the detail of this matte and reduce/eliminate the shadows and the sunlight because its snowstorm ;)

 good work there Bingo :D

 -Angel

The thing is, if it's a snow storm, you wouldn't be able to see the mountain line, so applying the other plate sort of undermines what you're trying to achieve, doesn't it? Removing shadows and sunlight is the right approach, but adding distance is contrary.

 

i made that before vacations. im happy that ady considered to fix it.

 

-Angel

–>Artwork<–**

Author
Time

 

Shadows or not, I'm sure glad Adywan's making Hoth WHITE like this again!

 

Author
Time
satanika said:

A real City in the Clouds?

 

 

Well, it's actually London under some heavy fog with only a few Canary Wharf buildings breaking through...

It immediately made me think of Cloud City though. :)

Or Senator Amidala's arrival in AOTC

 

Author
Time

A couple of quick mattes of Cloud City at sunset. And yes, more health spas! Sorry, I love 'em, McQuarrie just captured something with all this Bespin stuff...

These aren't finished, and they're oversaturated (even if it might be that bright at sunset) but you get the idea...

 

 

 

And the alternative, which I prefer...

Author
Time
ron2112 said:

One thing that's bugging me a bit about some of these (otherwise very lovely) window mock-ups is the sharp focus.  Unless you're intentionally going for a Welles/Bogdanovich deep-focus shot (which strikes me as out of place here, especially if this is just, pardon the pun, window dressing) wouldn't it be preferable to soften the focus a bit?

Thoughts?

 This is beautiful!!!

 

Author
Time
Darth Venal said:

 

 

Awesome work man! Still i prefer a more dynamic composition to eliminate that static look!


-Angel

–>Artwork<–**

Author
Time
 (Edited)

 

Doubleofive:

Between Darth Venal

*blushes*

Somebody fan me. And fan my computer while you're at it, with today's heatwave in the UK it feels about 50C.

Author
Time
Bingowings said:
MCBarkingSpoon said:

 

This was not made for you to be a photoshop queen. Sorry. It was made for ppl to help with Episode 5's Revisited.

 

Congrats everyone, you made an decent post now a trolling awful POS.

 

Let's all photo-shop Harry Potter looking bullshit elsewhere.

 

Could we have a translator droid? Make sure it speaks Bitchy :-p

The originator of the thread has spoken he likes to see mockups and finds them helpful.

Adywan said :

Nice mock-ups Angel. I haven't started the windows yet but i always liked the more minimalistic look of the originals and the look that they are very high up, so the buildings aren't going to be as prominent.

Is it ever clearly established how high up we are in that room?

Sure Leia and later the rest of the gang are on the top floor (thanks to the new matte matching the set) as they leave but it's not the tallest building and they may have gone down a few levels to get to the dining room.

As I said before that blue circle is far more distracting to me than the right kind of cityscape though I acknowledged how much work would be necessary to pull it off convincingly.

Ahh ok then, I was really just getting confused.

 

 

 

Author
Time

MCBarkingSpoon a general tip, try posting your comments outside the quote box and familiarise yourself with a thread before posting to it.

People have been posting mockups (and the occational Photoshop joke) here from the very beginning (something that dates back to when Ady was doing ANH:R) so it's not only something that is encouraged by Ady it's also as old as tea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Dp2OfIT_M