Sign In

STAR WARS: EP V "REVISITED EDITION"ADYWAN - AVAILABLE NOW — Page 1315

Author
Time

RoccondilRinon said:

Schrödinger’s troll: posts stupid annoying shit, decides whether he was “joking” based on the response he gets.

Hmmmmm.

No, Schrödinger’s troll just walks into a forum…and doesn’t.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

TV’s Frink said:

Why isn’t Page 1313 done yet?

I’m ready to read page 1314 now. And I’m afraid I’m going to have to insist.

Is this serious, or a joke? I’m not convinced it’s a joke, but if it was, it was executed very poorly. We have people come in here all the time demanding crazy shit they think they’re entitled to, so excuse me for not assuming the best of you.

A bit of parting advice. Don’t force people to make posts just to move the pages forward on your timetable. The forum will move to the next page whenever the forum is ready, and not before. If you don’t like the speed at which this forum moves, and are anxious to get to the next page, you should create your own forum with shorter pages. And in 1080p.

Author
Time

I’ll let you know if I was serious after I see the response it got.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Adywan, if you’re reading this, please forgive my attempt at dead pan humour. I was mostly just having a go at those who chronically complain about your progress. I thought I was just outrageous enough, and over the top enough, that it would be clear that my comments were snark (as far as I know there aren’t five official levels of demanding something).

I’m a huge fan. I’d heard about your SW Revisted for a while before I watched it, because I thought “how good can it be”. And I’m frankly bit of a SW purist so Harmy’s project had more natural appeal to me. But when I saw what you did I was stunned that a fan could produce something like that. And I saw so many details about the film I’d missed simply by watching with your changes text commentary. So many lovely tweaks you did, and I even didn’t have a problem with Duel of the Fates.

Your work is nothing short of a miracle. Just please try to have it done by Friday.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Nick66 said:

doubleofive said:

Whatever Nick was doing, it worked?

😉

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.

By being an asshole you literally just made adywan delay the project. Be patient and don’t make shit jokes. Adywan owes you nothing so don’t be an ungrateful bitch.

Thank you Revisted team, and sorry for my harsh language. I continue to enjoy my Episode 4 Revisted DVD and have gladly shared it with many peers. ESB:R looks incredibly promising 😃

Return of the Jedi: Remastered

Lord of the Rings: The Darth Rush Definitives

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Nick66 said:

Adywan, if you’re reading this, please forgive my attempt at dead pan humour. I was mostly just having a go at those who chronically complain about your progress. I thought I was just outrageous enough, and over the top enough, that it would be clear that my comments were snark (as far as I know there aren’t five official levels of demanding something).

I’m a huge fan. I’d heard about your SW Revisted for a while before I watched it, because I thought “how good can it be”. And I’m frankly bit of a SW purist so Harmy’s project had more natural appeal to me. But when I saw what you did I was stunned that a fan could produce something like that. And I saw so many details about the film I’d missed simply by watching with your changes text commentary. So many lovely tweaks you did, and I even didn’t have a problem with Duel of the Fates.
L>
Your work is nothing short of a miracle. Just please try to have it done by Friday.

Are you a socially isolated idiot or cynical first class douche? It’s one of the two…

Return of the Jedi: Remastered

Lord of the Rings: The Darth Rush Definitives

Author
Time

darthrush said:

Nick66 said:

doubleofive said:

Whatever Nick was doing, it worked?

😉

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.

By being an asshole you literally just made adywan delay the project. Be patient and don’t make shit jokes. Adywan owes you nothing so don’t be an ungrateful bitch.

I “literally” “made” Adywan delay the project?
How did I “make” him do that? And where’s your proof of this anyway?

Do try to remain calm.

Author
Time

Nick66 said:

darthrush said:

Nick66 said:

doubleofive said:

Whatever Nick was doing, it worked?

😉

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.

By being an asshole you literally just made adywan delay the project. Be patient and don’t make shit jokes. Adywan owes you nothing so don’t be an ungrateful bitch.

I “literally” “made” Adywan delay the project?
How did I “make” him do that? And where’s your proof of this anyway?

Do try to remain calm.

I was just joking. Like honestly chill out. I think I made it pretty clear from the first post that I was just playing around.

Return of the Jedi: Remastered

Lord of the Rings: The Darth Rush Definitives

Author
Time

Nick66 said:

darthrush said:

Nick66 said:

doubleofive said:

Whatever Nick was doing, it worked?

😉

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.

By being an asshole you literally just made adywan delay the project. Be patient and don’t make shit jokes. Adywan owes you nothing so don’t be an ungrateful bitch.

I “literally” “made” Adywan delay the project?
How did I “make” him do that? And where’s your proof of this anyway?

Do try to remain calm.

The shoe is on the other foot!

Keep Circulating the Tapes.

END OF LINE

(It hasn’t happened yet)

Author
Time

darthrush said:

Nick66 said:

Adywan, if you’re reading this, please forgive my attempt at dead pan humour. I was mostly just having a go at those who chronically complain about your progress. I thought I was just outrageous enough, and over the top enough, that it would be clear that my comments were snark (as far as I know there aren’t five official levels of demanding something).

I’m a huge fan. I’d heard about your SW Revisted for a while before I watched it, because I thought “how good can it be”. And I’m frankly bit of a SW purist so Harmy’s project had more natural appeal to me. But when I saw what you did I was stunned that a fan could produce something like that. And I saw so many details about the film I’d missed simply by watching with your changes text commentary. So many lovely tweaks you did, and I even didn’t have a problem with Duel of the Fates.
L>
Your work is nothing short of a miracle. Just please try to have it done by Friday.

Are you a socially isolated idiot or cynical first class douche? It’s one of the two…

Does anyone with that nic and accompanying pic really have any room calling anyone else a “socially isolated idiot”?

Let me help you out: name calling is blunt, lacks nuance and is seldom funny. If you think what you did and I did are the same thing, then I think you probably need to reconsider who the “socially isolated idiot” is.

Run along now. 😃

Author
Time

Tyrphanax said:

Nick66 said:

darthrush said:

Nick66 said:

doubleofive said:

Whatever Nick was doing, it worked?

😉

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.

By being an asshole you literally just made adywan delay the project. Be patient and don’t make shit jokes. Adywan owes you nothing so don’t be an ungrateful bitch.

I “literally” “made” Adywan delay the project?
How did I “make” him do that? And where’s your proof of this anyway?

Do try to remain calm.

The shoe is on the other foot!

Where’s your proof of this anyway? Why haven’t you posted a picture of his foot yet? I’m ready to look at it now. And I’m afraid I’m going to have to insist.

Author
Time

LOL. Listen to you guys…“socially isolated idiot” “first class douche” “ungrateful bitch” “Impscum sock confirmed” (whatever an Impscum is).

I must have hit pretty close to the mark to get you all riled up like that!

Author
Time

What happened here seems to be a variant of Poe’s Law, something like: "No matter what ridiculous things someone says sarcastically, there is someone else who says the same things, but is completely serious about them."
You really can’t blame people, who don’t know you at all, for not getting a joke, that could otherwise be a completely serious post. Had you said the same thing as a direct response to a newbie being demanding and ungrateful, it would have been a great joke, on its own, your intentions were not very clear.

Ceci n’est pas une signature.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Frank your Majesty said:

What happened here seems to be a variant of Poe’s Law, something like: "No matter what ridiculous things someone says sarcastically, there is someone else who says the same things, but is completely serious about them."
You really can’t blame people, who don’t know you at all, for not getting a joke, that could otherwise be a completely serious post. Had you said the same thing as a direct response to a newbie being demanding and ungrateful, it would have been a great joke, on its own, your intentions were not very clear.

Well, OK. I get that snark doesn’t always translate well online.

But if people don’t get the joke, or don’t think it’s funny, the response should be, I don’t know “I don’t get the joke” or “I don’t think it’s funny” or at best, “Are you serious? Adywan will finish when he’s ready”.

By going straight to exploding heads, hysteria, personal insults and name calling is just kind of lame, and probably why a lot of people avoid this thread. Though looking at the history of some of the people involved (i.e. TV’s Frink), it seems that some of you (and I mean that rhetorically) are perpetually jumping from one spat to the other, looking to be pissed off or annoyed.

And while I don’t post much, it’s not exactly like I’m new here. I’ve been registered for years and have commented from time to time.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Question. Will Ady take any new additions to the Star Wars canon into consideration when working on ROTJ? Can ships from Rogue One make an appearance in the Battle of Endor?

Author
Time

Nick66 said:

And while I don’t post much, it’s not exactly like I’m new here. I’ve been registered for years and have commented from time to time.

There are people here who have been members for years and still ask such questions 😉

Ceci n’est pas une signature.

Author
Time

teharri said:

Question. Will Ady take any new additions to the Star Wars canon into consideration when working on ROTJ? Can ships from Rogue One make an appearance in the Battle of Endor?

He’s not going to play slave to it, but if something is cool he might include it. (see the Falcon bunk.)

“005 is super hep” - dahmage

Star Wars Revisited Wordpress / Facebook / Twitter

005’s List of List & Comparisons

Author
Time

teharri said:

Question. Will Ady take any new additions to the Star Wars canon into consideration when working on ROTJ? Can ships from Rogue One make an appearance in the Battle of Endor?

Don’t know. I could demand that he do so if you like. 😉