Sign In

STAR WARS: EP V "REVISITED EDITION"ADYWAN - AVAILABLE NOW — Page 128

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Hi there!

I'm new here and only yesterday found out about Adywan's incredible ANH revisited.

 

Gobsmacked.

 

Utterly speechless.  I will never be able to watch ANH again without thinking about what it should have been.  So now I have a dilema.  I can watch it on my little computer monitor, but I want to watch it properly on the big screen.  I downloaded it as an AVI, and tried burning it as a DVD.  The aspect ratio is all wrong for my bigscreen, and it takes a lot away from it. 

What is the best way to burn this thing from an AVI with an aspect ratio suitable for bigscreen, OR:  is there a DVD (done right) that is available for purchase some where? 

PLEASE tell this rabid SW fan how to best enjoy Adywan's masterpiece!!!

 

Thanks!

Author
Time

http://fanedit.org/517/

 

Choose one of the Rapidshare links and download it that way.  Those are all full DVDs.

First choice would be the DL version.  SL version is the same except for the lack of a few bonus materials.

My outlook on life - we’re all on the Hindenburg anyway…no point fighting over the window seat.

Author
Time
adywan said:
doubleofive said:

So, Adywan, what has been your toughest shot to color correct so far? And maybe could you do another Photoshop file showing all the layers just in your color correction?

Well i've only just begun the second phase of the colour correction but i would have to say that dagobah has been the biggest challenge so far. trying to get yoda his correct colouring, or even somehwere close, has been a nightmare but i've finally got Yoda looking the way i want him to. It took many, many masks & layers to try to rebuild the colour . I think this shot alone shows just how bad the colour is with the 2004 transfer

oh , Hotrod, i've had a good look at the footage and i've discovered that it isn't a snowflake on Chewies foot. It's actually Wookie dandruff :)

Simply amazing - as always. This just brought an actual tear to my eye. Ady, can't wait to see the final result.

 

"I turned it off! I don't wanna talk to her!"
Author
Time
HigHurtenflurst said:

Hi there!

I'm new here and only yesterday found out about Adywan's incredible ANH revisited.

 

Gobsmacked.

 

Utterly speechless.  I will never be able to watch ANH again without thinking about what it should have been.  So now I have a dilema.  I can watch it on my little computer monitor, but I want to watch it properly on the big screen.  I downloaded it as an AVI, and tried burning it as a DVD.  The aspect ratio is all wrong for my bigscreen, and it takes a lot away from it. 

What is the best way to burn this thing from an AVI with an aspect ratio suitable for bigscreen, OR:  is there a DVD (done right) that is available for purchase some where? 

PLEASE tell this rabid SW fan how to best enjoy Adywan's masterpiece!!!

 

Thanks!

 

Yeah, don't try to burn the AVI to a DVD, you'll get horrid results every time.  Download either the single layer DVD (4.5 gigs) or the dual layer DVD (8.5 gigs, marginally better picture, more extras) and burn that to a disc and watch it.

Author
Time

If you use something even as simple as Nero Vision, you can get a fair DVD from an AVI. If you are only bothered about watching the film, in stereo, and in as good quality as off-air (i.e literally just "to see it") then this is an easy a quick(ish) way of doing it. I do it frequently for kids films (well-known CG-animations and fairy tales) and it works fine, (and has the added bonus of I dont really care if the disc gets scratched by over-zealous 4-year-old hands!), you might get the ocassional judder, but you can get away with it.

 

But absolutely, download the ISO of the DVD-9 anyway and then use DVD shrink to fit it to a DVD-5 if needed. It's definitely the definitive version.

I assure you we are quite safe from your friends here

 

 

The Rise of Darth Scourge, by Phil West

 

 

Author
Time

Adywan, what version of the Emperor and dialog do you plan on using? Are you going to use the OOT emperor as he appear in the 1980 theatrical release? Or are you going to use the '04 Ian McDiarmid Emperor. Are you going to use Ian McDiarmid's voice if you use the OOT Emperor, or are you going to manipulate the dialog to your own taste?

Author
Time

Wow, I didn't realize how turguise the scenes with Yoda were, Adywan, are you trying to make it look as close as possible to the theatrical version, or are you doing the coloring to your own taste? By the way, I don't know if they spell color "colour" in the UK, but here in the USA it is spelt "color".

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Adywan, do you really go through these movies frame by frame? Because if you did, even if you spent just 1 hour on every frame it would take you decades just to complete one movie and that's with no sleep! I did the math by dividing the apporoxmate # of frames in a 2 hour movie by 24 to get days and then divided it by 365 to get years.

Author
Time
Asteroid-Man said:

In case you missed it: Will you make Luke's sleeve a little burnt or have tiny flames fade away off of them like in ANH? It always bothered me how his hand was cut clean but his sleeve was left in tact!

 

Also, is there a way to make ESB's Yoda a mix between OT and PT Yoda? That way in his prime he's in CGI and then we transition to him in his old ages where he still has a lot of emotion in his face and can still move his ears but then you could leave him crippled in ROTJ. What I'm trying to say is that a lot of times when you use muppets some parts get wobbly if it's rubber. For example, yoda's whole body when he walks/Yoda's ears. I'm wondering if you could make his walking more smooth, and have his ears move a little like in PT to be more consistent.

 

Actually, they intentionally made the PT CG Yoda do that rubbery ear wiggle to look like the puppet.

Author
Time
Janskeet said:

Wow, I didn't realize how turguise the scenes with Yoda were, Adywan, are you trying to make it look as close as possible to the theatrical version, or are you doing the coloring to your own taste? By the way, I don't know if they spell color "colour" in the UK, but here in the USA it is spelt "color".

Turguise? Turquoise I guess you mean :-)   That's how the colour should be spelled.

 

I assure you we are quite safe from your friends here

 

 

The Rise of Darth Scourge, by Phil West

 

 

Author
Time
Janskeet said:

Adywan, what version of the Emperor and dialog do you plan on using? Are you going to use the OOT emperor as he appear in the 1980 theatrical release? Or are you going to use the '04 Ian McDiarmid Emperor. Are you going to use Ian McDiarmid's voice if you use the OOT Emperor, or are you going to manipulate the dialog to your own taste?

Janskeet said:

Wow, I didn't realize how turguise the scenes with Yoda were, Adywan, are you trying to make it look as close as possible to the theatrical version, or are you doing the coloring to your own taste? By the way, I don't know if they spell color "colour" in the UK, but here in the USA it is spelt "color".

Janskeet said:

Adywan, do you really go through these movies frame by frame? Because if you did, even if you spent just 1 hour on every frame it would take you decades just to complete one movie and that's with no sleep! I did the math by dividing the apporoxmate # of frames in a 2 hour movie by 24 to get days and then divided it by 365 to get years.

Can you just edit your first post next time? BTW they do spell the word "color" colour, of course you could of found that out in two seconds using Google in stead of posting here, sounding like an idiot....also I find it funny in the same post you said "spelt"....lol   the word is "spelled".

I love everybody. Lets all smoke some reefer and chill. Hug and kisses for everybody.

Author
Time

To be fair, if he had just read the first 10 pages of this post most his questions would have been answered as well. It never ceases to amaze me how people keep asking the same basic questions over and over again.. lol oh well... back on topic.... Damn that Yoda looks good now , thx Ady! :)

_________________

In the Works - TMNT:Return to New York -

robduenas.deviantart.com

sketchrob.com

 

 

Author
Time
frendon said:

The blue is intentional, GL always meant for Yoda to be blue as you can see on this early concept art:

blue yoda
Apparently he could not do it with the technology available at the time, but in 2004 he was able to go back and fix it. :P

I love the slinky legs! I can see fishnet stockings and a pair of high heels on those pins gurl!

 

I am a kite dancing in a hurricane …
https://twitter.com/ActivistFangirl

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I just have to throw this out there...

 

I was born in St. Augustine Florida to a family that had moved here from Massachusetts...

 

When I was a child, I spoke with a heavy British accent.

It was so strong, that it took me nearly 12  years to finally get rid of it. It took speech therapy among other things... and friends who would correct my pronunciation.

 

Not ONE person in my family has a British accent.

 

So, I then ask this of you: If accents are only learned, where in the HELL did my accent come from in the deep south?

 

On top of this, no one in my town really speaks with a southern accent... Florida did sorta start as a retirement state so most people here moved here from the North, so it's mostly a sort of clear American accent.

 

I guess my point in bringing this up is, yes, Accents can be acquired... learned...

 

But at the same time, There's something to be said for the ability to sound like someones father/mother even without their direct influence.

 

But again, This is all moot... Ady is replacing the voice with the original so...

 

I just thought you all might find this interesting.


Is it not sad that in this time, we are more surprised by acts of love than acts of hate?
-Me

Author
Time
darth_scourge said:

Turguise? Turquoise I guess you mean :-)   That's how the colour should be spelled.

 

 I think "Turguise" may actually be the correct term in this case, since the turquoise is disguising the original colors :P

Turquoise + Disguise = Turguise!

Author
Time

I don't know if this has been talked about before, it's an awfully big thread to look through, but will there be any attempt to add the markings to the full size Snowspeeders so they're more like the miniatures with the red areas on the rear and the front ?!

Snowspeeders

My CG art http://ag-jma.blogspot.com/

My regular CG art blog http://glazy.blogspot.com/

Author
Time
Serji-X Arrogantus said:

I don't know if this has been talked about before, it's an awfully big thread to look through, but will there be any attempt to add the markings to the full size Snowspeeders so they're more like the miniatures with the red areas on the rear and the front ?!

Snowspeeders

 

Yes, I believe that's been mentioned.

 

Author
Time

I don't know if this counts as part of color correction, but in one scene Dak's helmet emblem changes from blue to green and then back to blue.

Author
Time

Vaders pink lightsaber has to go the sabers need to be redone as they were in A New Hope i cant wait to see the color correction and i cant wait to see the new emperor and hopefully you'll take out "I have no doubt this boy is the offspring of Anakin Skywalker" save that for the special edition. But i can't wait for this and soon your edits will be my ultimate star wars collection with ADMs extended versions of the prequels. 

Author
Time
 (Edited)

This is directed to the noobs who don't like to read, no offense.

The person your searching for simply does not exist

Author
Time

Well If you look at different snow speeders, they all have different markings.

Like,  Luke's speeder is all grey, and I think Wedge's speeder is the only painted red on the bottom.

but wateva =]

 

Author
Time
vbangle said:

of course you could of found that out in two seconds using Google in stead of posting here, sounding like an idiot....also I find it funny in the same post you said "spelt"....lol the word is "spelled".

 

And to continue the internet spell-check-a-thon, it's "could've", not "could of". :)

But, hey, I could care less about the whole thing! ;) 

(And, yes, that's not the correct phrase and I know it.  It bugs the hell out of others here (and myself for that matter), but it seems somehow appropriate.)

 

Btw, Yoda's looking great Ady....

O.T. or No T., baby!

ANH:R Cover Art

ESB:R Cover Art