Sign In

STAR WARS: EP V "REVISITED EDITION"ADYWAN - 12GB 1080p MP4 VERSION AVAILABLE NOW — Page 1371

Author
Time
 (Edited)

TV’s Frink said:

adywan, if you don’t delay the release six months in order to reshoot the entire scene, I’m not going to watch this.

I want to see the first assembly cut of that sequence… I don’t think Ady can help with that would be impossible unless he has managed to break into the Lucusfilm Vaults armed with a crowbar and a flash drive?

I read about Mark Hamil had an injury whilst filming this bit… (not car accident) and it halted filming. Could have been scrapped because of this… The Antenna Breaking that is? It’s a mystery…

And it is the last mystery that I do not have an answer for… But I have 70% the music cue I got stuck in the middle and don’t know the answer.

https://vimeo.com/159469117

ignore the middle part it’s not conclusive but the start is right and the end is right I think apart from I needed to add an extra second or so of Leia using the medical tool thing. Not sure about extra frames in the Gout something else to consider. Basically like I said i don’t have the whole picture.

After thinking a bit about the middle bit and to have a guess. I would say that Luke drops earlier Lando reaches the the top hatch looks about Luke is gone (antenna broke or jumps early and that seems logical) Then we cut to a shot of Tie fighters closing in on cloud city? Then perhaps Lando pulling Luke across the top of the Falcon. But it’s all conjecture and I really don’t have the foggiest on it.

Sans minature Lando and close Cockpit POV of Luke I’ll call them inserts. Basically yeah it’s all guess work.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Does anyone else get excited when you see 005’s avatar under Star Wars Fanedits on the index page? It tells me 1.There’s probably something new in the Revisited thread and 2.It’s actually on topic.

.

When I see Frink’s, I immediately picture the ? Power Up Block from Mario Kart 64, complete with the sound it plays while choosing.

Preferred Saga:
PT: Hal9000
4/5: Adywan
6: NSP
7/8: Hal9000

Author
Time

The Wampa is looking incredible, Ady. Is it going to be a full costume waist-down or what you have already shown in the photos? Either way, it’s absolutely stunning what you have gone through with the construction. Can’t wait to see the finished product in action. 😃

“Did you know, the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?! Look it up.”

Author
Time

Ronster said:

TV’s Frink said:

adywan, if you don’t delay the release six months in order to reshoot the entire scene, I’m not going to watch this.

I want to see the first assembly cut of that sequence… I don’t think Ady can help with that would be impossible unless he has managed to break into the Lucusfilm Vaults armed with a crowbar and a flash drive?

I read about Mark Hamil had an injury whilst filming this bit… (not car accident) and it halted filming. Could have been scrapped because of this… The Antenna Breaking that is? It’s a mystery…

And it is the last mystery that I do not have an answer for… But I have 70% the music cue I got stuck in the middle and don’t know the answer.

https://vimeo.com/159469117

ignore the middle part it’s not conclusive but the start is right and the end is right I think apart from I needed to add an extra second or so of Leia using the medical tool thing. Not sure about extra frames in the Gout something else to consider. Basically like I said i don’t have the whole picture.

After thinking a bit about the middle bit and to have a guess. I would say that Luke drops earlier Lando reaches the the top hatch looks about Luke is gone (antenna broke or jumps early and that seems logical) Then we cut to a shot of Tie fighters closing in on cloud city? Then perhaps Lando pulling Luke across the top of the Falcon. But it’s all conjecture and I really don’t have the foggiest on it.

Sans minature Lando and close Cockpit POV of Luke I’ll call them inserts. Basically yeah it’s all guess work.

Regarding that scene with Luke landing on top of the Falcon. Mark Hamill sprained a thumb or finger, I can’t remember which, but they filmed what they had, but wanted to do pick ups, but Kershner and Lucas just shortened the scene, due to the pace of the film.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Certain individuals who have been asked in the past by Ady not to clutter up his threads are falling back on bad habits. Cease and desist now before further action is required by the mods. Have a nice day.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

Bad news… The wampa is being scrapped

Did a full costume test fitting of the wampa today and it’s just not working. One disaster after another. Claustrophobia and heat are a huge factor in the problems. But also the head slipping, causing the mouth not to open. It would take stripping out the inner head and remaking it. Months worth of work. But i’ve spent too much time and money on it now and i really don’t think that spending the extra is worth it. It was a long shot that failed and I’m sorry. I really wanted to be able to do this. But there comes a time when you just have to stop. Maybe its the curse of the Wampa. 😉

Good news… ESB:R will be out very soon. Check back in a couple of days for an update…

ANH:REVISITED
ESB:REVISITED

DONATIONS TOWARDS MATERIALS FOR THE REVISITED SAGA

Author
Time

We are with you Ady. I know this must be heartbreaking for you. Good news is that you will soon be done with the project.

Author
Time

Hey man don’t sweat it. Im sure it’s frustrating after all the work you’ve put into it to scrap it, but the original puppet (Not talking about the se one) shown at first attacking Luke already looks great, and the other times he’s glimpsed (in the original anyway I’m out of date on where you stand on oot vs se regarding this particular scene) go by so fast I never noticed the problems with it until I read this thread. By no means is it something that should bother anybody.

Author
Time

adywan said:

Bad news… The wampa is being scrapped

Did a full costume test fitting of the wampa today and it’s just not working. One disaster after another. Claustrophobia and heat are a huge factor in the problems. But also the head slipping, causing the mouth not to open. It would take stripping out the inner head and remaking it. Months worth of work. But i’ve spent too much time and money on it now and i really don’t think that spending the extra is worth it. It was a long shot that failed and I’m sorry. I really wanted to be able to do this. But there comes a time when you just have to stop. Maybe its the curse of the Wampa. 😉

Good news… ESB:R will be out very soon. Check back in a couple of days for an update…

Can’t the person who made the costume fix these things? And maybe find someone who can fit the suit who doesn’t have claustrophobia issues? I know at least one person who does mascot costumes professionally for a theme park who could possibly give advice.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

adywan said:

Bad news… The wampa is being scrapped

Did a full costume test fitting of the wampa today and it’s just not working. One disaster after another. Claustrophobia and heat are a huge factor in the problems. But also the head slipping, causing the mouth not to open. It would take stripping out the inner head and remaking it. Months worth of work. But i’ve spent too much time and money on it now and i really don’t think that spending the extra is worth it. It was a long shot that failed and I’m sorry. I really wanted to be able to do this. But there comes a time when you just have to stop. Maybe its the curse of the Wampa. 😉

Good news… ESB:R will be out very soon. Check back in a couple of days for an update…

Even if it ended up being a disappointment, you at least got some other things that seemed impossible to be fixed done like the Han in Carbonite replica and I suppose the hanger set pieces.

I’d suggest not scrapping the wampa entirely for now, but possibly leaving it for the future when your ready to tackle it again.

Analog Releases of Films That Contain Deleted, Extended, & Alternate Footage That’ve Never Been Released on DVD/BluRay

Author
Time
 (Edited)

adywan said:

Bad news… The wampa is being scrapped

Did a full costume test fitting of the wampa today and it’s just not working. One disaster after another. Claustrophobia and heat are a huge factor in the problems. But also the head slipping, causing the mouth not to open. It would take stripping out the inner head and remaking it. Months worth of work. But i’ve spent too much time and money on it now and i really don’t think that spending the extra is worth it. It was a long shot that failed and I’m sorry. I really wanted to be able to do this. But there comes a time when you just have to stop. Maybe its the curse of the Wampa. 😉

Good news… ESB:R will be out very soon. Check back in a couple of days for an update…

Can’t you edit a wampa in through cgi?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Ady isn’t ILM. Accurately modeling and texturing and animating a Wampa to his standards would take way longer than it would take to “fix” the issues with the practical costume.

CGI isn’t as easy as you may think it is, especially CGI of living things.

girl

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Such is filmmaking, some things work and some things don’t and you don’t know until you try.
I am fully confident that with whatever wampa is used there is going to be a lot of love for this endeavor.

Author
Time

Maybe he can edit out the wampa continuity errors that way its not a obviously different looking wampa.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Jmow’s done gone got hisself banned.

Hopefully when his ban expires, he’ll have learned his lesson.

Author
Time

adywan said:

SilverWook said:

Can’t the person who made the costume fix these things?

I’m the person who made it.

I’m not going to go any further with it now. It’s time to put the wampa to rest

jedimasterobiwan said:

Can’t you edit a wampa in through cgi?

No

Okay, but please don’t throw it out or anything. Maybe put it up for sale? I wouldn’t mind a Wampa suit to chase all the Taun Tauns I’ve seen at cons the past few years. 😉

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

DuracellEnergizer said:

Jmow’s done gone got hisself banned.

Hopefully when his ban expires, he’ll have learned his lesson.

See above. 😉

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?