Sign In

STAR WARS: EP IV 2004 REVISITED ADYWAN *720p HD VERSION NOW IN PRODUCTION — Page 438

Author
Time

Guess I’ll chime in and say I’ll be glad if the battle droid is removed. It always irked me to see a reminder of the PT in the midst of enjoying a good film.

Help back OMNO!

Author
Time

Ady did that because Threepio doesn’t recognize Leia’s hologram later in the movie, so it seems odd for him to mention her by name there. I think some versions of the scene (script? novelization? on-set dialogue? can’t remember) has him say “There’ll be no escape for the Captain this time.”

a trolling bantha

Author
Time
 (Edited)

This is exactly what I always thought. In ANH, Ben lies, 3PO lies, R2 lies, Owen lies… everybody lies

“I have to say that I felt George’s group of six films had more innovative visual imagination, and this film was more of a retrenchment to things you had seen before and characters you had seen before, and it took a few baby steps forward with new characters.” - James Cameron about Episode VII.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I’d understand if Ady doesn’t want the battle droid in. If he released the asset at least for others to use I would be more than happy with that too! He might not have a HQ version though so might not be worth the extra effort.

I always assumed the 3PO-Princess contradiction issue had something to do with his programming. Like, he could talk about the Princess with R2 because R2 is already aware of the Princess and her position in the Rebellion. But when communicating with others without a certain “clearance level”, his programming automatically omits any sensitive information, so he couldn’t verbally leak anything even if he wanted to. Someone would just have to hack into his memory banks to find out anything, which is why memory wipes would still be necessary.

If 3PO was just lying, it wouldn’t really make sense why 3PO kept going on saying “I don’t think he likes you at all… no, I don’t like you either” even after Luke left. Just doesn’t seem like he is “in on it”. It seems like he is being honest during that entire scene. The only problem with this is 3PO still casually throws out the line “oh with the Rebellion and all…”

I don’t know. I guess it is just a headcanon for me to explain it, but I understood why Ady changed it in the first place.

Author
Time

The new ronto-less clip looked great ady, and it’s good to see tat you are using footage from project 4k77. You did a great job color correcting that piece.

Venerable member of the “Red Eye” Knights

Author
Time

Tantive3+1 said:

Since the PT won’t be relevant to OT:R, which canyon matte will be used for this shot that R2 travels through in ANH:RHD?
ANH:R

SE/Blu-ray
https://vimeo.com/316046212

Theatrical

The matte for ANH:R was made to match closer to what Tatooine looked like in the PT.

Just my personal opinion, but I think the current ANH:R looks great.

“You can’t polish a turd. But you can shape it to look like candy.”

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I like the SE shot the best personally, I don’t think it breaks continuity with the prequels in any way because different areas of the planet can look different. As for the Battle Droid, I actually quite liked that little cameo but i won’t be particularly bothered either way.

Author
Time

Lucky me, I have bad eyesight, so I cannot tell the difference between SD/HD/4K footage (except on cable/ satellite, where it seems like they use footage of lesser than DVD quality), so if I don’t like the old version, I can watch the DVD version. I’m of those that like the PT and ST, so the more continuity, the better.

Author
Time

I like the Revisited idea of using a AOTC landscape (the beautiful shot of Anakin on the speeder), but I prefer the colors of SE (which are very AOTC oriented… at least the theatrical AOTC, not the greenish bluray version)… maybe a match of both would be the best version 😃

“I have to say that I felt George’s group of six films had more innovative visual imagination, and this film was more of a retrenchment to things you had seen before and characters you had seen before, and it took a few baby steps forward with new characters.” - James Cameron about Episode VII.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

RoccondilRinon said:

Also, not sure if Ady has answered this, but is the Imperial March being kept in the Death Star reveal, given the full march treatment of the Death Star theme in Rogue One?

I am wondering this myself. I almost feel as though “The Imperial March” should NOT be in A New Hope, perhaps with the only exception being when Vader is on the screen — the theme has been closely tied with Vader and his leadership of the fleet.

However, after Rogue One, they chose to embrace the classic Death Star 1 theme (dun, dun dun dun!) and also introduced “The Imperial Suite,” which almost seems more like an appropriate theme for the Empire in the time of Tarkin.

I would personally like to see The Imperial Suite in ANH:R HD, and keep The Imperial March out of it (with the exception, perhaps, being when Vader makes a move — maybe the lightsaber battle with Obi-Wan or when Vader hops into his TIE fighter).

By the way, here’s the theme I’m referring to (“The Imperial Suite”):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uKtUlPmhqw

Putting “The Jedi Steps” into The Last Jedi
http://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/1187781

Author
Time

I’d like to reiterate this wonderful suggestion when it comes to the Imperial March in ANH:

INVAR said:

ChainsawAsh said:

I still think it’d be nice to add a bit of the Imperial March to the scene when Vader arrives on the Tantive, though that would mean replacing a small bit of original music.

I already created a brief edit to show what that might look and sound like. It’s minimalist, but it works.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/225892219

a trolling bantha

Author
Time

ziggyonice said:

RoccondilRinon said:

Also, not sure if Ady has answered this, but is the Imperial March being kept in the Death Star reveal, given the full march treatment of the Death Star theme in Rogue One?

I am wondering this myself. I almost feel as though “The Imperial March” should NOT be in A New Hope, perhaps with the only exception being when Vader is on the screen — the theme has been closely tied with Vader and his leadership of the fleet.

However, after Rogue One, they chose to embrace the classic Death Star 1 theme (dun, dun dun dun!) and also introduced “The Imperial Suite,” which almost seems more like an appropriate theme for the Empire in the time of Tarkin.

I would personally like to see The Imperial Suite in ANH:R HD, and keep The Imperial March out of it (with the exception, perhaps, being when Vader makes a move — maybe the lightsaber battle with Obi-Wan or when Vader hops into his TIE fighter).

By the way, here’s the theme I’m referring to (“The Imperial Suite”):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uKtUlPmhqw

Gonna be a big no thank you from me. I like Giacchino’s score but it would not fit with Williams here (nor is it necessary). If any music is added the only thing that makes sense is the Imperial March.

Author
Time

I wouldn’t mind slipping some of Williams’s Han theme from Solo somewhere in the OT, but can’t think of a great place for it.

a trolling bantha

Author
Time

ChainsawAsh said:

I wouldn’t mind slipping some of Williams’s Han theme from Solo somewhere in the OT, but can’t think of a great place for it.

It would be an interesting exercise but probably wrong for Revisited.

Author
Time

ChainsawAsh said:

I’d like to reiterate this wonderful suggestion when it comes to the Imperial March in ANH:

INVAR said:

ChainsawAsh said:

I still think it’d be nice to add a bit of the Imperial March to the scene when Vader arrives on the Tantive, though that would mean replacing a small bit of original music.

I already created a brief edit to show what that might look and sound like. It’s minimalist, but it works.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/225892219

I am absolutely 100% totally on board with this.

With that said, I don’t think the Imperial March should appear anywhere else in the film, unless Vader is on the screen.

Putting “The Jedi Steps” into The Last Jedi
http://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/1187781

Author
Time

ziggyonice said:

ChainsawAsh said:

I’d like to reiterate this wonderful suggestion when it comes to the Imperial March in ANH:

INVAR said:

ChainsawAsh said:

I still think it’d be nice to add a bit of the Imperial March to the scene when Vader arrives on the Tantive, though that would mean replacing a small bit of original music.

I already created a brief edit to show what that might look and sound like. It’s minimalist, but it works.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/225892219

I am absolutely 100% totally on board with this.

With that said, I don’t think the Imperial March should appear anywhere else in the film, unless Vader is on the screen.

I heartily agree with you.

a trolling bantha

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Which parts do you guys feel the Imperial March would work well? While I love the Imperial March, I much prefer the intro music when he first boards the Tantive and I can’t think of any other parts where changing out the bits of score or silence (in regards to the score) for Imperial March would be an improvement and wouldn’t actually detract from how those scenes are received by the viewer. Below is a collection of all the Darth scenes from ANH if you wanted to point to any time stamps where you think Imperial March would fit better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYZdQRUU5IA

I guess I find it hard myself to imagine ANH with Imperial March in it as the theatrical of ANH is burned into my memory and I essentially consider it perfect as is (all the while knowing it is not a perfect movie). All the scenes with Vader don’t feel to me like they would be improved simply through the insertion of Imperial March.

Author
Time

Did you watch the video I quoted? It doesn’t replace anything, just adds the March to the “gap” in the existing music.

a trolling bantha