Sign In

STAR WARS: EP IV 2004 REVISITED ADYWAN *1080p HD VERSION NOW IN PRODUCTION — Page 479

Author
Time

doubleofive said:

Why do you care so much about the credits?

Well, the theatrical timing of the score was disrupted in the Special Edition, where a segment from the first part was repeated to make space for the team that worked on the special edition.

I’ve watched 4K77 kind-of recently, and that version made me really appreciate the film, how it was meant to be seen.
The credits is one example about how a natural flow through the film was interrupted by cgi, or continuity changes.

(Also; I think I should point this out. I’m still relatively new on this forum and the topics surrounding it, considering I’ve been here for just two years.)

Author
Time

EvantheKidDS said:

Touching back on my End Credits, I had another idea.

https://youtu.be/sIPNormrPwg
Using this video as reference, why not for the first portion of the end credits, to play the score that goes from (0:00-2:18). Then right after, to insert the additional score to fit everyone who worked on, or had been involved in this film?

So you are suggesting i do exactly the same type of thing i did in the SD version of ANH:R then?

And , can we now please put this whole " Ben calls Vader " darth" " conversation to bed now after the final episode of Obi-Wan Kenobi? 😉

ANH:REVISITED
ESB:REVISITED

DONATIONS TOWARDS MATERIALS FOR THE REVISITED SAGA

Author
Time

I’m interested to know, Ady, if there’s anything from the Obi-Wan Kenobi series that either confirmed some decision you were on the fence about, or that you’ll change now that you’ve had the additional info?

The Clone Wars: Refocused

Author
Time

It had a few wonky scenes but generally I don’t get the negativity. It’s better than most of Return of the Jedi.

Author
Time

It’s okay in my book. I didn’t hate it, but I just couldn’t mentally justify rating it higher than a 6/10. I get why people despise it, and I get why people like it. I’m glad you’re not using elements from it, especially since it’d just cheapen the look of the OT to include insertions/references.

Speaking of that, what’s the plan for Kenobi’s hut now - a new model/matte, the '77 hut, or the '97 hut/digital matte?

Author
Time

BedeHistory731 said:

It’s okay in my book. I didn’t hate it, but I just couldn’t mentally justify rating it higher than a 6/10. I get why people despise it, and I get why people like it. I’m glad you’re not using elements from it, especially since it’d just cheapen the look of the OT to include insertions/references.

Speaking of that, what’s the plan for Kenobi’s hut now - a new model/matte, the '77 hut, or the '97 hut/digital matte?

Still the new model/ matte. The SE version just doesn’t make sense. How did the landspeeder get up those rocks? And the '97 version doesn’t even have any windows, when we can clearly see from the inside that his hut has loads of windows

ANH:REVISITED
ESB:REVISITED

DONATIONS TOWARDS MATERIALS FOR THE REVISITED SAGA

Author
Time

Is this the k.k. Garbage people keep saying about the Star Wars she does or is that hyperbole?

Author
Time

adywan said:

Fullmetaled said:

Is this the k.k. Garbage people keep saying about the Star Wars she does or is that hyperbole?

What are you talking about?

Just ignore it, it’s a guy poorly trying to lead the discourse off-topic.

Author
Time

adywan said:

Fullmetaled said:

Is this the k.k. Garbage people keep saying about the Star Wars she does or is that hyperbole?

What are you talking about?

Talking about current Star Wars like the obi wan show.

Author
Time

Fullmetaled said:

adywan said:

Fullmetaled said:

Is this the k.k. Garbage people keep saying about the Star Wars she does or is that hyperbole?

What are you talking about?

Talking about current Star Wars like the obi wan show.

That has its own thread, stop bloating this one please.

The Skywalker Saga:
I / II / III / IV / V / VI / VII / VIII / IX
This is the way.

Author
Time

DZ-330 said:

Fullmetaled said:

adywan said:

Fullmetaled said:

Is this the k.k. Garbage people keep saying about the Star Wars she does or is that hyperbole?

What are you talking about?

Talking about current Star Wars like the obi wan show.

That has its own thread, stop bloating this one please.

Sorry adywan brought up how he hates the obi wan show and that’s why I brought up the k.k. stuff that’s all.

Author
Time

Fullmetaled said:

DZ-330 said:

Fullmetaled said:

adywan said:

Fullmetaled said:

Is this the k.k. Garbage people keep saying about the Star Wars she does or is that hyperbole?

What are you talking about?

Talking about current Star Wars like the obi wan show.

That has its own thread, stop bloating this one please.

Sorry adywan brought up how he hates the obi wan show and that’s why I brought up the k.k. stuff that’s all.

Speciffically how it was potaining as to how it would affect his edit and as that was not at all, I’d say it was obviously not an invitation to talk about why anyone does or doesn’t like it.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

adywan said:

EddieDean said:

I’m interested to know, Ady, if there’s anything from the Obi-Wan Kenobi series that either confirmed some decision you were on the fence about, or that you’ll change now that you’ve had the additional info?

There isn’t anything from that terrible series that will influence me in any way apart from maybe using some fx elements.

There isn’t really anything in ANH that would need to be changed to accommodate for anything in the Obi-Wan series like you did for the Death Star tunnel from Rogue One. I’m sorry you didn’t like the series. To each his own.

Author
Time

This small topic possibly has popped up some time before, but I wanted to ask to be sure.
I’m assuming there will be no HDR pass on this, or any other Revisited Trilogy Edits?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Is there a plan to replace the badly remixed sounds like the stormtroopers walking and some of the laser blaster fires?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

All of the up-to-date changes sound awesome and I am glad that some of the more “radical” suggestions have been disagreed with, although I must admit that I wished we could keep at least SOME of the extended space battle.
Note that I absolutely understand the argument about the editing but I especially liked the new arrival of the TIEs and how the upcoming dogfighting situation is properly introduced visually now.
Not sure if this ever reached you, but I offered (via Facebook back then) to extract same voice-lines from the RogueSquadron-GameCube-Games to enable you to have some dialog-lines from Wedge and “other” pilots to avoid making the new scenes so quiet and avoiding the artifical feeling. Still thinking this could have worked out, but alas, I suppose that ship has sailed.

So, back to topic.: I am very much looking forward to ANH Revisited 1080p.
Thanks for your hard work. A cooler version of one of my favorite movies of all time, what is not to love?

For seventeen years the renegade Pfhor scoutship jumped between the closely packed stars of the galactic core. And all over the ship, dancing through the wreckage of the Pfhor computer core, Durandal was laughing…

Author
Time

Is it just me, or is the sound mixing of Vader’s voice different in ANH than it is in TESB and ROTJ?

Author
Time

It is. The 2004+ versions of ANH have tried to remix Vader’s voice to match his TESB/ROTJ voice to mixed results. Ady did a way better job than them, it’s one of the things I’m looking forward to the most in ANH:R 1080p.

Author
Time

Omni said:

It is. The 2004+ versions of ANH have tried to remix Vader’s voice to match his TESB/ROTJ voice to mixed results. Ady did a way better job than them, it’s one of the things I’m looking forward to the most in ANH:R 1080p.

Where can I find a comparison between how he sounded in ANH before 2004, and after?