Sign In

Rogue One * Spoilers * Thread — Page 156

Author
Time

CHEWBAKAspelledwrong said:

The fact that this is all we’ve been debating for the last couple pages suggests this was a pretty good film.

No, it’s just close to the bottom of the barrel as far as discussion goes because the rest has already been discussed. Surely if people are complaining about the title of the Phantom Menace, then it was a pretty good film.

The Person in Question

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Dazman said:

oojason said:

Very cool logo Dazman - nice work, and very much with a Star Wars vibe 😃

Thanks oojason! Can’t take the full credit for the design though, it’s a mod from one of the logos in the add campaign. I just don’t understand why they didn’t use one of those as they are better than the final one.

Well, all I can say is… your insight serves you well…

(hard to go wrong with that classic yellow colour, a decent Star Wars vibe and feel on the font and look…

http://www.starwars.com/news/official-name-for-the-untitled-han-solo-film-revealed

https://twitter.com/RealRonHoward/status/920320502320771073 & https://www.instagram.com/p/BaWuxDWlt4-/

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? 
Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
 
Welcome | About | Help | How do I do this on the OT.com? | Announcements | General Assistance |
Site Timeline | Forum Rules | Fan Edit & Preservation Rules + FAQs | Signature Rules | MySpleen Info

Author
Time

SilverWook said:

I didn’t know there were any vampires in the Rebellion. 😉

The actors who played the Rebel Fleet Troopers did an amazing and excellent job of conveying intense terror and anxiety towards the horror of Vader’s assault aboard the Profundity.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Are Rogue One spoilers still barred from the rest of the site, or is it fair game in any thread like TFA is now?

The Person in Question

Author
Time

moviefreakedmind said:

Are Rogue One spoilers still barred from the rest of the site, or is it fair game in any thread like TFA is now?

It’s fair game mate - I think it’s been 10 months-ish since it’s cinema relase; and the film has had its’ bluray, dvd, digital download releases and tv showings etc too.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? 
Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
 
Welcome | About | Help | How do I do this on the OT.com? | Announcements | General Assistance |
Site Timeline | Forum Rules | Fan Edit & Preservation Rules + FAQs | Signature Rules | MySpleen Info

Author
Time

Jim Smith said:

SilverWook said:

I didn’t know there were any vampires in the Rebellion. 😉

The actors who played the Rebel Fleet Troopers did an amazing and excellent job of conveying intense terror and anxiety towards the horror of Vader’s assault aboard the Profundity.

I wasn’t knocking the acting, just thought that particular frame was amusing.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbFSAMtFdYs/

^ from https://www.instagram.com/martinansin/

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? 
Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
 
Welcome | About | Help | How do I do this on the OT.com? | Announcements | General Assistance |
Site Timeline | Forum Rules | Fan Edit & Preservation Rules + FAQs | Signature Rules | MySpleen Info

Author
Time
 (Edited)

For me, that’s one of the best Rogue One fan-made pieces I’ve seen yet. I don’t mean fan-made as a knock, by the way. I just don’t know how else to quantify the artwork of someone who doesn’t work for Disney directly or who’s work isn’t an official one-sheet. There are some craaazy talented artists out there.

I’m partial to Dan Mumford’s style. I’ll try to find his Rogue One piece.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

So shines a good deed in a weary world.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Anchorhead said:

For me, that’s one of the best Rogue One fan-made pieces I’ve seen yet. I don’t mean fan-made as a knock, by the way. I just don’t know how else to quantify the artwork of someone who doesn’t work for Disney directly or who’s work isn’t an official one-sheet. There are some craaazy talented artists out there.

And Hollywood ignores them all.

Divergent Universes
Dreams of a Randy Git-Fiend

Make Off Topic great again.

Author
Time

Mocata said:

It’s nice, but he used the exact design layout and colour scheme for other pieces in the past.

Meh, I’m not familiar with the artist’s work, so to me it’s just a kick-ass poster.

a trolling bantha

Author
Time

DuracellEnergizer said:

Anchorhead said:

For me, that’s one of the best Rogue One fan-made pieces I’ve seen yet. I don’t mean fan-made as a knock, by the way. I just don’t know how else to quantify the artwork of someone who doesn’t work for Disney directly or who’s work isn’t an official one-sheet. There are some craaazy talented artists out there.

And Hollywood ignores them all.

Because most people in Hollywood

Don’t trust outside artist who are not part of the marketing company(even drew was a veteran before coming into lucasfilm).

Are largely unaware of these people’s talents

Or don’t see how posters have a effect on the box office.

Author
Time

If you’re doing that, you might as well make Rogue One the first movie in the order, I guess.

a trolling bantha

Author
Time

The machete order was created to preserve the plot twists…rogue one does not reveal any information that wasn’t already revealed in new hope.rogue one also leaves Vader identity vague and introduces leia.

Author
Time

CHEWBAKAspelledwrong said:

But what if you want to preserve the the surprise of the crawl?

Order:

  1. Watch Crawl from ANH
  2. Hold up hand made title card that says “but first” or “24 hours earlier…”
  3. Watch Rogue One
  4. Resume ANH
  5. Profit

Author
Time
 (Edited)

dahmage said:

CHEWBAKAspelledwrong said:

But what if you want to preserve the the surprise of the crawl?

Order:

  1. Watch Crawl from ANH
  2. Hold up hand made title card that says “but first” or “24 hours earlier…”
  3. Watch Rogue One
  4. Resume ANH
  5. Profit

I prefer watching this crawl just before watching Rogue One… (only really helps if you have already seen Star Wars (1977))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9BuyiFvLJA

though yours works too - and has the added bonus of watching Star Wars too afterwards 😃

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? 
Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
 
Welcome | About | Help | How do I do this on the OT.com? | Announcements | General Assistance |
Site Timeline | Forum Rules | Fan Edit & Preservation Rules + FAQs | Signature Rules | MySpleen Info

Author
Time

oojason said:

dahmage said:

CHEWBAKAspelledwrong said:

But what if you want to preserve the the surprise of the crawl?

Order:

  1. Watch Crawl from ANH
  2. Hold up hand made title card that says “but first” or “24 hours earlier…”
  3. Watch Rogue One
  4. Resume ANH
  5. Profit

I prefer watching this crawl just before watching Rogue One… (only really helps if you have already seen Star Wars (1977))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9BuyiFvLJA

Wow, yeah, that is a much better suggestion 😃

Author
Time
 (Edited)

oojason said:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbFSAMtFdYs/

I love it, I wish we had a graphic novel like that!


And on a grimmer, novemberish note:

Did you notice that each major character got the death they deserved?

Gerrera was too tired after nearly three decades of war, he finally met people who will continue his crusade.
Galen finally had a chance to see his daughter.
K2 defeated a platoon of soldiers single-handedly (literally, as he was operating the computer with his other hand) and then blew up himself to stop the enemy - obeservation: a paragon of battle droid effectiveness he was.
Chirrut being a monk prayed and prepared himself to die.
Bodhi (who is the hobbit of this film) knew that he finally did something important - and his death was quick so he didn’t even had time to be afraid.
Baze died like a warrior (Conan would be proud) : killed his opponents, avenged his brother-in-faith, smirked in the face of death. Did he also found his lost faith in the Force?
Jyn avenged her parents and completed her father’s sabotage. Cassian completed his toughest mission. And then they had (the shortest) vacation on the beach… and finally a moment for themselves - their goal was achieved.

And even Krennic… who would always pull himself up when shot… had the chance to gaze at the grand creation of his life… aiming and shooting him straight in the head. What could be his last thoughts?

This is to all the people who say R1 is just nostalgia-exploitation and “ayteeaytees”.

I saw the original theatrical release of the Old Trilogy on the big screen and I'm proud of it...
How did I accomplish that (considering my age) is my secret...
Author
Time
 (Edited)

oojason said:

Anchorhead said:

oojason said:
I love these type of retro covers…

Those CBS-Fox boxes are awesome. I remember when they were current. Fantastic work with these retro covers of late. That one has to be my favorite so far.

I can almost reach out remember the feel of the old type of paper they used for vhs covers back then 😃

 

SilverWook said:

Does anyone else miss the CBS/Fox logo fanfare at the beginning of a Star Wars video? Rewatching an OT LD recently reminded me how much I associate it with Star Wars.

Ha! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2hChR9-naU

There were some great old intros for many companies pre-film/video back then - and seemed to have a ‘rawness’ to them (likely the bad video sound quality 😃)

Awww, those old CBS FOX Home Video logos. That takes me back, I was even humming the tune while watching that clip. Those were the days.

dahmage said:

Order:

  1. Watch Crawl from ANH
  2. Hold up hand made title card that says “but first” or “24 hours earlier…”
  3. Watch Rogue One
  4. Resume ANH
  5. Profit

Hehe. The Underpants Gnomes would be proud of that plan!

oojason said:

I prefer watching this crawl just before watching Rogue One… (only really helps if you have already seen Star Wars (1977))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9BuyiFvLJA

though yours works too - and has the added bonus of watching Star Wars too afterwards 😃

That’s a cool Crawl intro. Hmm, maybe I’ll watch that when I binge the Star Wars movies before The Last Jedi.