Sign In

Rise of the Rebellion: A Rogue One Edit — Page 6

Author
Time

I love the opening crawl except for one word: defected. Galen escaped, he didn’t defect to another cause, so “deserter” or “escaped scientist” would be accurate and fit better I think.

Author
Time

phreatobite said:

I love the opening crawl except for one word: defected. Galen escaped, he didn’t defect to another cause, so “deserter” or “escaped scientist” would be accurate and fit better I think.

Interesting interpretation. Yes, I would agree with you if the crawl were presented as if through the view of the Empire. This crawl approaches a grey space in this regard. It’s not necessarily pro Empire or Rebellion.
Based on flashbacks where Erso was part of the Empire, I’d have to stick with the use of defected. Deserting would imply that he ran away or abandoned his post (pro Empire view), but we see that he’s connected and stays connected with Saw who is an antagonist to the Empire. That makes me think that he isn’t just disserting, he’s defecting (pro Rebellion view). This interpretation fits the definition below. I also like that it is synonymous to Rebel, which is the core idea of this movie. It also serves as a narrative strength for Jyn. Her father defected and now she rebels.

defect:
abandon one’s country or cause in favor of an opposing one.
"he defected to the Soviet Union after the war"
synonyms: desert, change sides, turn traitor, rebel, renege;

To quote Obi-Wan, “many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.”

I appreciate the feedback and think it is totally valid, based on the view of Erso’s character you have.

digmodification.wordpress.com

Author
Time

Been following this for months on fanedit.org patiently waiting for a chance to see it but just found this thread! Is the MEGA file available yet? Got no Spleen

Thanks!

Author
Time

DigMod said:

Thank you LZ! Sorry I missed your message.

No problem, in a few days i will have it for the standard version.

Author
Time

DigMod said:

Check out my site in my signature to find how to get the edit 😉

Thanks, found it! Hope to get the time this week to have a watch.

Author
Time

Late to the party, but one thing I’d love to have seen done is change the sound effects of the shield gate’s turbolaser towers to the same sound effect as the towers in ANH instead of the TFA era “pew pew”

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I would bet that all future unnumbered Star Wars anthology films will lack an opening title crawl and have text on the planet cards in the style of Rogue One.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Hello! I was looking for this fan edit to download and give it a try - the Battle of Scarif fan edit is just that, only the battle and I feel that the art and style of this movie is way too good to cut down the movie to only the edit. Trouble is, it doesn’t seem possible to download from the provided link. I also couldn’t find this on the Fanedit.info site. Anyone know what’s up?

Cyberbeagle said:

Late to the party, but one thing I’d love to have seen done is change the sound effects of the shield gate’s turbolaser towers to the same sound effect as the towers in ANH instead of the TFA era “pew pew”

+1

As a fan of the psuedo-science of Star Wars this has also bothered me. Continuity Lucasfilm! Come on!

Author
Time

The thread being back on the front page, I take this opportunity to ask if the audio track in glorious uncompressed bluray format is now corrected ?

“I have to say that I felt George’s group of six films had more innovative visual imagination, and this film was more of a retrenchment to things you had seen before and characters you had seen before, and it took a few baby steps forward with new characters.” - James Cameron about Episode VII.

Author
Time

For me, Cassian’s moral ambiguity was one of the few things that worked in the first act of the movie, in fact, I would have loved to see it developed further. But I like how you would tone back the excessive fan service. All in all, I can’t wait to see it.

Author
Time

MalàStrana said:

The thread being back on the front page, I take this opportunity to ask if the audio track in glorious uncompressed bluray format is now corrected ?

Sorry Mala. Life has not allowed for this. I will let you know.

Also, the link should be working again.

digmodification.wordpress.com

Author
Time

DigMod said:

Also, the link should be working again.

I’m sorry… but where on the page is the link? I’ve been reading through the blog - I’ve actually read through all of your other project pages as well lol - but I cannot seem to see the actual download link on your page.

Author
Time

toastedzen said:

DigMod said:

Also, the link should be working again.

I’m sorry… but where on the page is the link? I’ve been reading through the blog - I’ve actually read through all of your other project pages as well lol - but I cannot seem to see the actual download link on your page.

If you go to his wordpress, there is a section that says “Requests”. You have to fill out a google form, I believe.

Author
Time

ChiefWamsutta said:

If you go to his wordpress, there is a section that says “Requests”. You have to fill out a google form, I believe.

Thanks mate! I thought that was perhaps for requesting movies for him for future edits. I did not even think to look into that location. lol

Author
Time

toastedzen said:

ChiefWamsutta said:

If you go to his wordpress, there is a section that says “Requests”. You have to fill out a google form, I believe.

Thanks mate! I thought that was perhaps for requesting movies for him for future edits. I did not even think to look into that location. lol

No problem, dude. Yeah, it took me a while to figure out how to navigate. DigMod will email you once the Google Form is completed (it’s just for record purposes).