Thanks to everyone who has given me feedback so far in private topics! I think when the new season of TCW ends, I’ll have a final version done. It’s now less about experimenting and doubling down on and polishing the decisions I’ve made that have worked for people.
So far the biggest things to fix:
- “Roger roger” elevator bit. Make the quality drop less noticeable or just remove altogether. There’s enough banter and wit in the rest of the first act now that I don’t need it anymore?
- Mixing audio better overall, but particularly in re-scored/radically edited scenes. Raising levels on Anakin/Padme conversation about lightsaber and timing the audio clips with the shots better.
- Intro Kashyyk scene needs wipe and maybe some extending.
- Reinstate some of Anakin’s attitude. Either in front of the council or only with Obi-Wan, but not in both.
- Use some different shots of Anakin in Anakin confronting Palpatine scene.
- Reinstate some of Palpatine’s orders to Vader, keep shot of him putting on hood.
- Clean up vfx in final Mustafar sequence (Obi-Wan listening to Anakin, Anakin igniting first)
- Re-add Qui Gonn voice.
I’m still open to feedback for the current version!
Firstly, may I have a PM for the latest version please.
Secondly, entirely on you, but it might be worth having two versions in a similar way to Adywan’s ‘purest’ and ‘special’ editions, where one includes the additions from alternate sources (such as the videogame dialogue or the banter in the lift) and another solely uses the film (still with things like the force choke effects from TCW). One will still have the slightly noticeable change in quality but be able to present a much different version of the original film, and the second will be a more traditional modification of the film that will have wider appeal.
I don’t know how much work that’d be considering you’ve already made dozens of versions since you started and what scenes you’ve kept or if you’d even want to. I just know that, for me, I like seeing something entirely new, even if it’s not perfect.