- Post link
CLICK FOR FULL TRAILER!
Disney+ version (with color correction)
Episodes I, II, III, IV, IX, and Rogue One’s soundtracks.
FULL (EXTENSIVE) CHANGELIST.
- “Originaltrilogy.com” & ilFanEditore intro
- New crawl, establishing the second Death Star, Luke’s mission on Tatooine and the Emperor going to Endor.
- As camera pans down, lens flare is added.
- Replaced Endor (motion tracking) and added sun in space.
- Recolored Star Destroyer & Death Star and slightly increased contrast.
- Added force shields to hangars
- The officer does not mention Vader’s shuttle, but just “the” shuttle, as this is the Emperor’s.
- Recolored hangar scene, added force shield & reflection on floor.
- Added music track from “The Rise of Skywalker”.
- As the Palpatine’s scene ends, added music track from “Revenge of the Sith” .
- The scene transitions to a Tatooine establishing shot.
- Replaced Jabba’s palace matte painting with a still image from “The book of Boba Fett”.
- Recolored desert scenes.
- Restored original door & added music track from “The phantom menace”.
- Restructured Jabba’s introduction scene. Considering that I removed the whole band scene from later, I repurposed the first rock-y song shots for the new introduction.
- Enhanced Luke’s hologram and R2’s beam
- Removed 3PO’s Captain Obvious line about Han.
- Removed 3PO asking R2 for help and final shot of the droid being tortured.
- Enhanced “Jabba’s palace at sunset” establishing shot.
- Removed song sequence.
- Enhanced with increased lights the scene of Han being de-carbonized.
- Added music track (just a couple seconds) from Luke’s scene in “Book of Boba Fett” for Luke’s arrival at the palace.
- Recolored Jabba’s palace’s main room to match its look from TBOBF.
- During the Rancor sequence, I repurposed some Jabba’s reaction shots from the previously removed song sequence.
- Removed Rancor’s keeper crying.
- Reduced Sail Barge’s shots to remove bad-looking visual effect when possible.
- Recolored desert scene, with more vibrant sand&sky colors.
- Removed Luke telling Han that he grew up “there”. Han knows Luke is from Tatooine.
- Added some lens flare here and there coming from the suns.
- Restored original Sarlacc.
- During the “Luke staring at everyone” shots, I removed Han’s shot in order to use it later for Boba Fett’s demise.
- Enhanced lightsaber and blaster bolts throughout the battle sequence and the whole movie.
- Removed Han asking “Boba Fett!?” twice, hinting at him intentionally hitting Boba.
- Boba does not fall into the Sarlacc. After being hit he just flies away uncontrollably. Way less ridiculous. Also, it doesn’t really break continuity with TBOBF. We just don’t see him falling down inside the beast. I also used the previously cut Han’s reaction shot here.
- Removed Luke’s second “Point it at the deck!”.
- Enhanced R2’s lightning attack
- Enhanced Sail Barge’s explosion.
- Shortened shot of the droids coming out of the sand.
- Added atmosphere to Tatooine’s planetview shot, enhanced Falcon’s engine and recolored XWing’s engine to pink/purple.
- Added music track from “A new hope” during the space chat between Luke/Han/Leia, hinting at Luke’s growth and maturity.
- As the scene ends, cut to Luke on Dagobah, as the Emperor’s scene was moved at the beginning of the movie.
- Added a couple seconds of a music track from TROS as Yoda speaks about the Emperor.
- Obi Wan’s Force Ghost appears as it did in TESB, instead of just walking into the scene.
- Added music tracks from Revenge of the Sith during the Ben-Luke’s scene.
- Added Sullust to the Rebel fleet’s establishing shot.
- Enhanced Endor and Death Star’s holograms and added surrounding light.
- Recolored Home One’s interior (enhanced white and Mon Calamari’s skin color).
- Added music track from Rogue One.
- Added force shield to Home One’s hangar.
- Removed shot of Lando walking towards the Falcon’s matte painting.
- Removed Han fearing that he won’t see the Falcon again. He will see it again, so it doesn’t even work as foreshadowing.
- Added music track from Revenge of the Sith as the shuttle Tydirium leaves the Rebel fleet.
- Replaced Endor and added sun in the Death Star establishing shot.
- Recolored Throne Room’s interior. The first version of this edit had a grey tone during these scenes. Now I preferred to remove the blue colors from the “windows” areas, while the other parts are just color corrected in order to have more vibrant skin colors.
- Added Endor atmosphere during the Shuttle Tydirium scene.
- Heavily recolored Endor scenes. I wanted them to be more vibrant, less flat. Slightly increased contrast and added a yellow overall tone to the scenes.
- Replaced many backgrounds in still shots from different Endor scenes (all taken from Battlefront II shots).
- Removed Han’s “Hey, it’s me!”.
- Added music track from Revenge of the Sith during the speeder chase sequence.
- Enhanced blaster bolts and Luke’s lightsaber.
- Removed Leia meeting Wicket. I’m kinda sorry for removing two Leia scenes from the movie, but I’ve always found them slow and quite boring. Leia carrying Chewie into Jabba’s palace was useless and repetitive, while in this case her scene makes the pacing feel slower. Plus, by removing it we keep some mystery about what happened to her after the chase sequence.
- Added Endor’s planetview outside Palpatine’s window during the second Throne Room scene.
- Slightly recolored Endor night scenes, and enhanced torches.
- Removed Leia “always” knowing that Luke was her brother. Now she just says “I know… somehow”, like Luke telling her the truth makes her feel like he’s right.
- Removed Han being jealous. Now he just approaches Leia, asks her what’s wrong, and she replies “Hold me”. Way less childish attitude.
- Removed Vader’s “I must obey my master”. In the first version of the edit, I removed other parts of Vader being conflicted. Now I reinstated all of them except for this, as we already know that Vader doesn’t care about obeying Palpatine (both from Revenge and Empire scenes).
- Replaced bad matte painting of the shuttle leaving Endor (as Han/Leia/Chewie watch from distance) with another image from Battlefront II, with some added moving shadows in order to hint at some movement.
- Recolored X-Wing’s engines, enhanced Falcon engine and recolored Falcon’s interior in order to match the look from Empire’s Revisited.
- Shortened sequence of the Ewok on speeder escaping Stormtroopers.
- Enhanced Palpatine’s eyes.
- During the whole space battle: added atmosphere to un-replaceable Endor shots, replaced planet shots wherever possible, recolored X-Wing’s engines and enhanced Falcon’s, enhanced laser bolts, recolored Home One’s interior.
- Replaced some music tracks with ones from Rogue One.
- Restructured ground battle to remove as many Ewoks as possible. Now they have a good surprise effect, which makes the Rebels react, but following that the Ewoks are always and only hunted and killed. No teddy bears throwing stones, no giant wood poles crushing ATSTs.
- Removed Chewie’s Tarzan yell and shortened assault on ATST.
- Added music track from Revenge of the Sith during the LukeVSVader duel.
- Shortened shot of Vader falling from the stairs.
- The edit will have two tracks. In the first one the music track “A Jedi’s Fury” is replaced with another from Revenge of the Sith (as I was never really amazed with the original track). But the second one will keep the original, as I’m sure the vast majority of people will prefer it over the edited one.
- Added shaky camera as Palpatine uses Force Lightning and also as the Executor hits the Death Star.
- Recolored Death Star interior and the main reactor room.
- Added music track as Anakin dies.
- Added failing force shield to the hangar as Luke leaves with the shuttle.
- Again, removed Han being jealous of Luke.
- Replaced music during Anakin’s funeral.
- Removed Naboo’s celebrating shot (no “Weesafreeeeh!”)
- Enhanced Force Ghosts.
Episode IV - THE HEIR OF SKYWALKER. Episode VI - RETURN OF THE JEDI RENEWED. DYAD IN THE FORCE (3-into-1 sequels).
PM me for links if interested.