Sign In

Return of the Jedi - Remastered — Page 4

Author
Time

darthrush said:

This hasn’t been mentioned before. Could you be a little more specific?

Sure, when Boussh speaks around the 14:45 mark, I believe you can hear the thermal detonator beeping when she speaks. This is when Chewbacca is being taken away. I thought it was Boussh’s lines reused from 14:30, which would explain why you can hear the detonator “beeping”, but I might be wrong.

Author
Time

RogueLeader said:

darthrush said:

This hasn’t been mentioned before. Could you be a little more specific?

Sure, when Boussh speaks around the 14:45 mark, I believe you can hear the thermal detonator beeping when she speaks. This is when Chewbacca is being taken away. I thought it was Boussh’s lines reused from 14:30, which would explain why you can hear the detonator “beeping”, but I might be wrong.

Hmm, yah, it is faintly there. It’s always passed unnoticed to me just because it is so soft and quiet. It kind of blends into the background noise.

Return of the Jedi: Remastered

Lord of the Rings: The Darth Rush Definitives

Author
Time

Yeah, I almost missed it the first time. I had earbuds in when I was watching that part so that might be why I caught it. You may be content with it but I just thought I would point it out to you just in case. If you decide to fix it, the easiest option would be to remove it, or use an earlier line of Boussh’s maybe.

Author
Time

RogueLeader said:

Yeah, I almost missed it the first time. I had earbuds in when I was watching that part so that might be why I caught it. You may be content with it but I just thought I would point it out to you just in case. If you decide to fix it, the easiest option would be to remove it, or use an earlier line of Boussh’s maybe.

This audio issue has been fixed for v2.

Return of the Jedi: Remastered

Lord of the Rings: The Darth Rush Definitives

Author
Time

K guys, v2 is complete. I am pretty much set on my changes and I have fixed any technical issues I had with my edits. I have updated the first post with all the cuts present in my final version. Below is a list of all the changes that were SPECIFICALLY for v2. Now onto getting this listed at the ifdb. Thanks for all the support everyone 😃

v2 changes:

-When I rescored Chewie getting taken away with “Bounty for a Wookie”, I used a line from Boushh which happened to also contain the clicks of the detonator. This was a small audio issue that is in v1 but has now been fixed in v2.
-We no longer see Lando pull his mask down at all. In v1 he walks up and begins to pull it down but we don’t see his face. This made for a visually jarring cut. This is now fixed in v2.
-Trim Luke and Han’s dialogue scene on the skiff so it ends on Han saying “you’re going to die here, you know”
-cut Han and Lando’s conversation before rebel briefing starts.
-cut out Han’s “Keep your distance Chewy. But don’t make it look like your trying to keep your distance. I don’t know, fly casual” during shuttle sequence.
-cut out the useless exposition scene in the throne room where the Emperor tells Vader to go on the executor. It slows down the plot and is not needed.
-cut out R2 electrocuting the Ewok after the Ewoks decide not to eat them.
-added back in Naboo to the city celebrations but removed audio of “wesa free” thanks to the work of Q2.
-I also redacted a change where I intercut Lando and Wedge destroying the reactor with the Death Star preparing to fire. There are some minor technical issues that arise when it is edited that way so now Lando and Wedge destroy the reactor as seen in the theatrical cut. Which is still awesome nevertheless 😃

Return of the Jedi: Remastered

Lord of the Rings: The Darth Rush Definitives

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Congratulations, Darth Rush: your edit seems flawless, and the battle with the ewoks is perfect! Now it’s clear that they’re no match for the stormtroopers and now the rebels win the battle on the moon, not those cute teddy-bears! Well done, your edit is now my official rotj version. Thanks for your efforts!

Author
Time

HKseriesDroid said:

Congratulations, Darth Rush: your edit seems flawless, and the battle with the ewoks is perfect! Now it’s clear that they’re no match for the stormtroopers and now the rebels win the battle on the moon, not those cute teddy-bears! Well done, your edit is now my official rotj version. Thanks for your efforts!

Thank you so much! I’m glad you enjoyed the edit 😃

Return of the Jedi: Remastered

Lord of the Rings: The Darth Rush Definitives

Author
Time

Congrats, buddy! Still haven’t had the chance to watch it, but as ROTJ is my favorite Star Wars movie in spite of its flaws, I look forward to seeing what magic you’ve worked here! I’ll try to leave a review when I’m done.

Author
Time

Hey, just wanted to pop by and say great job, darthrush! I’ll be sure to leave a review as soon as I can.

Do they not see the birds controlled in the atmosphere of the sky? none holds them up except Allah. Indeed in that are signs for a people who believe. – Quran (16:79)

Author
Time

I love all your changes although one of my fave fan-edit endings is during Vader funeral pyre after the camera pans up into space then the credits roll.

I like this ending because I feel it ends it on a more adult and somber tone plus it corrects the continuity error that the war was over after the death of the emperor.

Just throwing in my two cents. 😃

Author
Time

LordRorek said:

I love all your changes although one of my fave fan-edit endings is during Vader funeral pyre after the camera pans up into space then the credits roll.

I like this ending because I feel it ends it on a more adult and somber tone plus it corrects the continuity error that the war was over after the death of the emperor.

Just throwing in my two cents. 😃

Since the edit is already complete I won’t be making more changes but I would still love to respond to your suggestion 😉

I actually think it is a good idea. It would be a strong way to end it and it might be the nostalgia in me but I just couldn’t lose the end celebration because seeing the ghosts look at Luke and all be so proud is just so heartwarming. It is a final scene that has a lot of joy and happiness to me so that is why I chose to keep it. I do see where you are coming from though! 😃

Return of the Jedi: Remastered

Lord of the Rings: The Darth Rush Definitives

Author
Time

darthrush said:

Since the edit is already complete I won’t be making more changes but I would still love to respond to your suggestion 😉

I actually think it is a good idea. It would be a strong way to end it and it might be the nostalgia in me but I just couldn’t lose the end celebration because seeing the ghosts look at Luke and all be so proud is just so heartwarming. It is a final scene that has a lot of joy and happiness to me so that is why I chose to keep it. I do see where you are coming from though! 😃

Thanks for your reply I know the edit was finished but I felt like commenting on it. I think your edit is absolutely amazing and is my definitive ROTJ edit. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Author
Time

LordRorek said:

darthrush said:

Since the edit is already complete I won’t be making more changes but I would still love to respond to your suggestion 😉

I actually think it is a good idea. It would be a strong way to end it and it might be the nostalgia in me but I just couldn’t lose the end celebration because seeing the ghosts look at Luke and all be so proud is just so heartwarming. It is a final scene that has a lot of joy and happiness to me so that is why I chose to keep it. I do see where you are coming from though! 😃

Thanks for your reply I know the edit was finished but I felt like commenting on it. I think your edit is absolutely amazing and is my definitive ROTJ edit. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Thank you very much!

Return of the Jedi: Remastered

Lord of the Rings: The Darth Rush Definitives

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Oh and I forgot to ask.

What did you use as your primary source, The special edition Blu-Ray or Harmy’s despecialized edition?

Author
Time

Definitely going to have to give it a look, though I have never had any complaints about the original theatrical ROTJ version.

Author
Time

Till recently the thought of OT fanedits has never entered my mind and they still never will for ANH and TESB. However, being part of this community for a while now has made me realise that ROTJ could possibly use some tweaking here and there to as you say, strengthen it in view of the other two movies.

Your edit sounds very interesting, especially with the fact you used Harmy’s DSE as the base for 95% of it. My only gripes that make me reluctant to watch it though are:

  • You left in the CGI creatures in Jabba’s palace despite removing Jedi Rocks. Never had a problem with the original scene nor Nappti Lek.

  • You kept the SE ending and music. It’s not one of my most hated changes by GL but it’s still up there with most of the big ones as it completely messes with how I feel at the end of the last SW movie (till Ep7:TFA came along anyway but ROTJ will always feel like the closer on the OT with TFA starting the next trilogy).

I don’t know if it’s to much to ask, but would you consider making a 100% DSE edition of your edit or at least revert the above matters to their DSE versions in an alternate edit?

.Val

Author
Time

NeverarGreat said:

It would be nice to have a <5gb or multipart file option so that Mega would work.

Shouldn’t you just be able to use winzip, winrar or 7zip to split it up into multiple files? This might help also in producing a larger video file if darthrush has the ability to produce a higher quality one (having read earlier that the quality seems a bit lacking when compared to other edits)?

.Val

Author
Time

The specific way he chose to edit out Jedi rocks will explain why the cgi creatures are left in. It’s the most seamless way to get rid of the dance number and it’s what I did in the edit I’m working on at A snail’s pace.

Support my bandcamp page! https://jacobmartin2.bandcamp.com/

The cat in question

Author
Time

Valheru_84 said:

NeverarGreat said:

It would be nice to have a <5gb or multipart file option so that Mega would work.

Shouldn’t you just be able to use winzip, winrar or 7zip to split it up into multiple files? This might help also in producing a larger video file if darthrush has the ability to produce a higher quality one (having read earlier that the quality seems a bit lacking when compared to other edits)?

.Val

What I’m saying is that with Mega’s new (since August) 5gb cap, any file larger than that is unavailable unless you’re a paying customer. I just wanted to let him know so he might split the file into parts, since I’d be unable to get this edit otherwise.

DuracellEnergizer: “^He’s embraced the absurd. Don’t expect to gain any conventional understanding from his posts.”
A New Hope Technicolor Recreation (Released!)
The Force Awakens Restructured (V2 Released!) and The Starlight Project