Sign In

Return of the Jedi (Chronological Saga) - (* Final version released *) — Page 12

Author
Time

Sent 😃

Italian faneditor.

EDITS LIST:
CHOSEN ONE - A STAR WARS STORY (3-in-1 prequels).
Personal saga: I - SHADOW OF THE PAST. II - KEEPERS OF THE PEACE. III - RISE OF THE DARK SIDE. IV - THE HEIR OF SKYWALKER. VI - RETURN OF THE JEDI.
Just look for them around here, and PM me for links if interested.

Author
Time

For Tydirium, I love you’ve done with the sun on the horizon!

For Endor, you tried to bring out the greens, you really did, but the result is a nightmare. It’s giving me Harry Potter color correction PTSD.

Author
Time

De gustibus.
I kinda like it.

Italian faneditor.

EDITS LIST:
CHOSEN ONE - A STAR WARS STORY (3-in-1 prequels).
Personal saga: I - SHADOW OF THE PAST. II - KEEPERS OF THE PEACE. III - RISE OF THE DARK SIDE. IV - THE HEIR OF SKYWALKER. VI - RETURN OF THE JEDI.
Just look for them around here, and PM me for links if interested.

Author
Time

I am looking forward to this. Could you PM me this project?

Author
Time

PM sent

Italian faneditor.

EDITS LIST:
CHOSEN ONE - A STAR WARS STORY (3-in-1 prequels).
Personal saga: I - SHADOW OF THE PAST. II - KEEPERS OF THE PEACE. III - RISE OF THE DARK SIDE. IV - THE HEIR OF SKYWALKER. VI - RETURN OF THE JEDI.
Just look for them around here, and PM me for links if interested.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Anakin Starkiller said:

For Endor, you tried to bring out the greens, you really did, but the result is a nightmare. It’s giving me Harry Potter color correction PTSD.

What the fuck is wrong with you? The CC on Endor received an overwhelmingly good response, so perhaps instead of being a dumbass and just spewing shit you could try and be a nice guy and criticize it politely and constructively? I’ve seen you do this time and time again, but I’ve never seen you trying to help anyone or even do anything. All you do is shit on others. Learn some respect, idiot.

Sorry for cluttering the thread, IlFanEditore.

Author
Time

I just noticed something. The ROTS music that was playing during the pyre was similar to the Clone Wars music playing at the beginning of the episode “Victory and Death”! Both songs have the same motif!

Author
Time

Omni said:

Anakin Starkiller said:

For Endor, you tried to bring out the greens, you really did, but the result is a nightmare. It’s giving me Harry Potter color correction PTSD.

What the fuck is wrong with you? The CC on Endor received an overwhelmingly good response, so perhaps instead of being a dumbass and just spewing shit you could try and be a nice guy and criticize it politely and constructively? I’ve seen you do this time and time again, but I’ve never seen you trying to help anyone or even do anything. All you do is shit on others. Learn some respect, idiot.

Sorry for cluttering the thread, IlFanEditore.

Thank you.
I don’t mind others’ opinions or criticism. Still, I’m quite satisfied with the result, so it will remain the way it is. As I said, De gustibus… 😉 😃

Italian faneditor.

EDITS LIST:
CHOSEN ONE - A STAR WARS STORY (3-in-1 prequels).
Personal saga: I - SHADOW OF THE PAST. II - KEEPERS OF THE PEACE. III - RISE OF THE DARK SIDE. IV - THE HEIR OF SKYWALKER. VI - RETURN OF THE JEDI.
Just look for them around here, and PM me for links if interested.

Author
Time

SandMTV said:

I just noticed something. The ROTS music that was playing during the pyre was similar to the Clone Wars music playing at the beginning of the episode “Victory and Death”! Both songs have the same motif!

I never noticed! I’ll have to check both.
After all I discovered just a few months ago that the parade music at the end of Episode I is basically Palpatine’s theme.

Italian faneditor.

EDITS LIST:
CHOSEN ONE - A STAR WARS STORY (3-in-1 prequels).
Personal saga: I - SHADOW OF THE PAST. II - KEEPERS OF THE PEACE. III - RISE OF THE DARK SIDE. IV - THE HEIR OF SKYWALKER. VI - RETURN OF THE JEDI.
Just look for them around here, and PM me for links if interested.

Author
Time

So I’m kind of curious why you decided to removed Vader’s conversation with Luke that showed his conflict. Are there actually people who didn’t like that scene? Without it Vader’s redemption comes a lot more out of nowhere, don’t you think? Unless I’m misunderstanding that part of your edit.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

IlFanEditore said:

SandMTV said:

I just noticed something. The ROTS music that was playing during the pyre was similar to the Clone Wars music playing at the beginning of the episode “Victory and Death”! Both songs have the same motif!

I never noticed! I’ll have to check both.
After all I discovered just a few months ago that the parade music at the end of Episode I is basically Palpatine’s theme.

The funeral theme music that appeared in Episodes I and III was indeed referenced to in Clone Wars.

I don’t know what the problem with the Endor CC is. The bright greens were a good choice and the planet looks much more vivid.

Author
Time

Buzz Lightyear said:

So I’m kind of curious why you decided to removed Vader’s conversation with Luke that showed his conflict. Are there actually people who didn’t like that scene? Without it Vader’s redemption comes a lot more out of nowhere, don’t you think? Unless I’m misunderstanding that part of your edit.

The main reasons behind this are two:

  1. As I repeat, these edits are meant to be watched in Episodic order (I to VI). So we already know at this point that Anakin became Vader out of “love” and fear of loss, and not really because “uhuhuhuhu, I want to become evil”.
  2. The first time I watched Return of the Jedi, when Vader looks conflicted, the FIRST thing I said to myself was “Oh, ok, he’s definitely going to turn back to the light”. And this made me lose a liiiiiiittle bit of interest, because I knew that, if Luke were in danger, Vader would have helped him. Definitely.

So… no, IMHO it doesn’t come out of nowhere, because we’ve already established in Empire that Vader doesn’t really want to kill Luke. Plus, we don’t need words. In the hallway scene, at the end when Luke is taken away by the stormtroopers, the camera remains with Vader a little bit more. That’s totally enough to show his conflict without useless words.

Italian faneditor.

EDITS LIST:
CHOSEN ONE - A STAR WARS STORY (3-in-1 prequels).
Personal saga: I - SHADOW OF THE PAST. II - KEEPERS OF THE PEACE. III - RISE OF THE DARK SIDE. IV - THE HEIR OF SKYWALKER. VI - RETURN OF THE JEDI.
Just look for them around here, and PM me for links if interested.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Different strokes, I guess. I’ve always thought of the “It’s too late for me” exchange as being one of the most powerful in the entire saga, so I can’t wrap my head around the idea of thinking it’s useless. The whole point of Anakin’s tragedy and redemption is that he thought the dark side could not be rejected and could no longer see any good in himself. When Luke rejects the dark side and sees the good in Anakin, it inspires Anakin to finally break free of the dark side.

The PT shows us that Anakin was once a good man, but it doesn’t show us much of anything about Anakin’s mindset about himself after he becomes Vader. And while ESB establishes that Vader is reluctant to kill Luke, it doesn’t establish any deeper meaning behind it other than “he’s my son”. It’s the relationship they have in RotJ that develops it further, with Luke getting through to Anakin by choosing to see the good in him, refusing to kill him, and rejecting the dark side.

Author
Time

So, will you be placing the GunGan battle at the beginning of the film? If so… I am super excited! I always wanted to edit my own version of the prequels and this was always in my train of thought.

Author
Time

Buzz Lightyear said:

Different strokes, I guess. I’ve always thought of the “It’s too late for me” exchange as being one of the most powerful in the entire saga, so I can’t wrap my head around the idea of thinking it’s useless. The whole point of Anakin’s tragedy and redemption is that he thought the dark side could not be rejected and could no longer see any good in himself. When Luke rejects the dark side and sees the good in Anakin, it inspires Anakin to finally break free of the dark side.

The PT shows us that Anakin was once a good man, but it doesn’t show us much of anything about Anakin’s mindset about himself after he becomes Vader. And while ESB establishes that Vader is reluctant to kill Luke, it doesn’t establish any deeper meaning behind it other than “he’s my son”. It’s the relationship they have in RotJ that develops it further, with Luke getting through to Anakin by choosing to see the good in him, refusing to kill him, and rejecting the dark side.

Interesting, but as I said I personally don’t need any phrases in that scene. Vader’s gestures, posture and silences look way more descriptive and effective (to me, at least). In my edit there is still a clear conflict, but it’s more subtle.
In my head, when I heard “It’s too late for me son”, I said “Oh, ok, so it’s definitely not too late. Otherwise he wouldn’t have said that”. I think it’s all about the first experience we had with this movie.

Italian faneditor.

EDITS LIST:
CHOSEN ONE - A STAR WARS STORY (3-in-1 prequels).
Personal saga: I - SHADOW OF THE PAST. II - KEEPERS OF THE PEACE. III - RISE OF THE DARK SIDE. IV - THE HEIR OF SKYWALKER. VI - RETURN OF THE JEDI.
Just look for them around here, and PM me for links if interested.