Sign In

Return of the Jedi 1997 Special Edition HD Reconstruction (Released) — Page 2

This topic has been locked by a moderator.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

ChainsawAsh said:

Yeah, it would definitely be more accurate to fix the color on the 2004 HDTV lightsaber shots than to use the Blu-Ray. However…were the lightsabers in Jedi actually ever recomposited before the cores were replaced in 2011? I seem to remember that only being the case for a few shots in ANH, with ESB and ROTJ’s lightsaber composites being untouched in 1997…

I compared the HDTV and Blu Ray and didn’t see any differences in the rotoscoping. And I should’ve phrased that better, the majority of the lightsaber shots are from 2004, but the three or four shots of the sabers having those blown out neon cores and clipping were swapped by the Blu Ray.

The user formerly known as “Trillary Dump” (it was the 2016 election…)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

According to DoubleOFive’s comparison, a few shots use gamma correction instead, such as the shot with both sabers in front of the Emperor. EDIT: It also makes no mention of 1997 recomposites. 4K83 should be the best source, but HDTV definetly works.

Author
Time

Color correction is underway thanks to another OT user that I’ll keep anonymous for now! I also caught a couple of mistakes thanks to DoubleOFive’s comparison. 4k83 will be used for the Rancor scenes and for Luke talking to Ghost Ben on Dagobah since they were changed in 2004 and not 1997 like I had originally thought.

I also made blu ray covers and disc art for the entire 1997 Trilogy using scans of the VHS boxes.

Disc art is here: https://imgur.com/a/b8NoKFR

The user formerly known as “Trillary Dump” (it was the 2016 election…)

Author
Time

This is shaping up to be the best '97 reconstruction so far!

Author
Time

Dude, you are literally doing gods work for someone who hasn’t even seen the 1997 Special Editions, all i’ve seen is Harmy’s Despecialized, Adywan’s Revisited, 4K77, 4K83 and that’s it, thank you

Author
Time

Hello. So excited for this to be ready. I was originally going to wait for Harmy to do Respecialized Editions of ESB and ROTJ, but now that I’ve found a reconstruction of the Special Edition of ROTJ, I’ve decided to get this version instead. This also means that I’ll go with Adywan’s reconstruction of the Special Edition of ESB. Could you please let me know when it’s ready? Thank you.

UncutIsSuperior

Author
Time

so,like to watch this too when finished.
thanks

Author
Time

trillary dump said:

Color correction is underway thanks to another OT user that I’ll keep anonymous for now! I also caught a couple of mistakes thanks to DoubleOFive’s comparison. 4k83 will be used for the Rancor scenes and for Luke talking to Ghost Ben on Dagobah since they were changed in 2004 and not 1997 like I had originally thought.

I also made blu ray covers and disc art for the entire 1997 Trilogy using scans of the VHS boxes.

Disc art is here: https://imgur.com/a/b8NoKFR

A quality take on the 1997 SE covers there mate - very nicely done. The disc art too - apt images you chose 😃

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

#ReleaseTheOriginalTrilogy
 
Welcome | About | Help | How do I do this on the OT.com? | Announcements | General Assistance |
Site Timeline | Forum Rules | Fan Edit & Preservation Rules + FAQs | Signature Rules | MySpleen Info

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Just out of curiosity, which DNR version of 4K83 does this use?

Author
Time

Thanks Jason! I’m really happy with how they turned out, especially the discs 😃

The user formerly known as “Trillary Dump” (it was the 2016 election…)

Author
Time

Can I have a link for download please? I’m looking also for links to download HQ versions for the other 2 episodes of 1997 Special Edition.

Author
Time

Hi all! Just looking for a link to Return of the Jedi 1997 Special Edition HD Reconstruction - would be the perfect Christmas gift!! Thanks in advance

Author
Time

Will this version be released on the 'spleen?

Author
Time

ellennify said:

Hi all! Just looking for a link to Return of the Jedi 1997 Special Edition HD Reconstruction - would be the perfect Christmas gift!! Thanks in advance

PM’d

alexp120 said:

Will this version be released on the 'spleen?

I didn’t have any plans on uploading to the 'spleen myself but if anyone wanted to do that themselves I don’t have a problem with it!

The user formerly known as “Trillary Dump” (it was the 2016 election…)

Author
Time

trillary dump said:

I didn’t have any plans on uploading to the 'spleen myself but if anyone wanted to do that themselves I don’t have a problem with it!

Well, have you at least finished it yet? I already have HD Special Editions of the first two movies and I am really wanting a copy of your preservation of the Special Edition of ROTJ to complete the trilogy. Thank you.

UncutIsSuperior

Author
Time

UncutIsSuperior said:

Well, have you at least finished it yet? I already have HD Special Editions of the first two movies and I am really wanting a copy of your preservation of the Special Edition of ROTJ to complete the trilogy. Thank you.

V2 has been done for some time now. Pm me if you want a link.

The user formerly known as “Trillary Dump” (it was the 2016 election…)

Author
Time

alexp120 said:

Will this version be released on the 'spleen?

I just uploaded it there and I’m seeding…

Author
Time

v2 for star wars and empire?
what´s the different to v1?

Author
Time

PM’d

The user formerly known as “Trillary Dump” (it was the 2016 election…)

Author
Time

Hi! Can I have a download link too? Keep up the good work!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Well. I can only say this: “Impressive. Most impressive” 😃

97SE has always been my version of choice. I guess it’s because it was the one I’ve watched first as a kid. For many years it was the only one I had in my possesion, recorded on an old VHS tapes, the whole trillogy, good time 😃 I had been watching those tapes so many times that they are not watchable now. And then I’ve found this 😃 Awesome!

Author
Time

I finally got around to burning up a copy, EXCELLENT work my dude. Man, it felt like I traveled back in time. It’s so nice having a watchable copy of Jedi '97. This is way better than the LD transfers I’ve had to watch for YEARS.

Luke astro-projects himself to Salt Lake Planet, gets shot at by gorilla walkers, has a non-lightsaber duel with Darth Millennial, then dies of a broken heart, inspiring broom boys throughout the galaxy to get creative with their sweeping. - DuracellEnergizer

Author
Time

Could I have a link please?